What was the worst Grand Slam since 2005 ? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What was the worst Grand Slam since 2005 ?

Wimbledon 2006 1 1.56%
French Open 2008 6 9.38%
Wimbledon 2009 2 3.13%
US Open 2009 2 3.13%
French Open 2010 4 6.25%
Wimbledon 2010 19 29.69%
US Open 2010 4 6.25%
Australian Open 2011 0 0%
French Open 2012 1 1.56%
US Open 2012 25 39.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What was the worst Grand Slam since 2005 ?

2004 US Open.

I know it's not on the list but it really belongs there.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
When you've stuck with a fave for 8 years and suffered a few moments of heartache you'll take it any way you can.

You're a Nole fan you'd probably agree the Wimbledon he won was pretty low quality (with a DIRE final for grass tennis) but he still got the W no one will change that.
Certainly, I have no issue with Murray fans celebrating it. It doesn't particularly matter after all. He adapted to the conditions better than Nole did for the first two sets, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
The quality of a GS event has nothing to do with the winner. The USO 2012 wasn't the worst Slam in recent memory because Murray won, but because the scheduling was catastrophic, and the quality of the tennis in the late stages (SF and F) absolutely shocking. Also, it had the worst 1st round of a Slam I can remember with plenty of crap televised matches. All in all, very few memorable matches and most for bad reasons (ie Cilic's choke).
Very much this. Apart from anything else, slams should be much better organised.
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #33
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Nah, Cilic didn't choke. He just realised he was facing a all time great and bowed. Naturally in retrospect, Cilic is perhaps a prophet of the ATP.
Cilic has lost a Slam QF or SF three times. In all of the said occasions, he was up at least a set and a break (two breaks this year vs Murray) and then went on to lose in 4 - Delpo USO 2009 QF, Murray AO 2010 SF, Murray USO QF.

He's remarkably consistent in the way he implodes deep in Slams
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #34
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
2004 US Open.

I know it's not on the list but it really belongs there.
Anytime the Tiger makes the semis it is a golden tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #35
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

USO 2012. Bad matches in terms of quality. Joke of an organisation. Joke of a final due to the bad weather

HIST9RY
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Cilic has lost a Slam QF or SF three times. In all of the said occasions, he was up at least a set and a break (two breaks this year vs Murray) and then went on to lose in 4 - Delpo USO 2009 QF, Murray AO 2010 SF, Murray USO QF.

He's remarkably consistent in the way he implodes deep in Slams
Well he lost to the winner twice. In 2009 he'd just beaten Murray, in 2010 he was tired after a trio of long matches and in 2012, well 2012 was a classic moment, I laughed for a few minutes after the result. Cilic probably did too after reciving a Ł200,000 cheque from the czech after.

He's a average player with the mental ability of a 2 year old. The only wins he has are after the opposition assults the line judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #37
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

US Open 2012.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #38
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

USO 12, and its not even debatable. Most disgusting tournament with also a disgusting winner. A so-so fit Nole would be enough to destroyed the pusher.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #39
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Also perhaps I would say US Open 2012 too in terms of quality and lack of good organization, I'm not bias, it was poor, but the winner deserved it whether Murray haters like it or not.

I guess any FedTard would vote for any slam Fed didn't make the Semi Final of.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #40
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

2010 RG was horrible, so was USO same year. This last USO sucked also

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #41
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

USO 2012 was awful although I didn't mind Andy winning

USO 2010 was all around horrific, that Nadal-Verdasco match should be banned from tennis history
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #42
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

2005 French Open
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #43
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

US Open 2012 was bad for the reasons posted by ML but another bad event was wimbledon 2010 . It had a great first week with a lot of great matches but the second week was downright bad . To top it off we had that final where Nadal played his C game and still won in straights . In the second week , I cant remember a single 5 setter from that event which was of great quality .

2010 was really not such a good year in retrospect , Fed was bad for the year after Australia , Djokovic did not have a serve and Murray just went AWOL after that final in AO . DP got hurt and missed the whole year . Even Nadal did not play close to his best tennis but just better than the rest which is why he dominated
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #44
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

2012 USO no contest. The final was diabolical stuff. Saying Murray had immense luck to win the tournament isn't sulking - it's just fact. He won and that's all that matters for him and his fans. It was a shit tournament all round no matter how you spin it.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:03 AM   #45
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Rg08

N.I.d winner
Sub par Federer
Boring final imo