Endless Djokovic/Murray debates. Do you like their matches? - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you like Murray-Djokovic matches

Yes 40 22.99%
No 82 47.13%
Sometimes- It depends really 52 29.89%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #811
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Murray Debates (Are their matches boring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
It's on neither's racquet because neither is an especially aggressive player, although both have big weapons. Djokovic used to be aggressive (going for winners early in a point) in 2007/8. Since then he has basically been an aggressive grinder, rather like Ferrer with a backhand.
This, I used to enjoy Djokovic's game a lot more before, it was more fluid, more technical and looking to take the initiative of the points much more: 2008 AO, 2010 US open SF were some of my favorites matches from him. Recently, he has basically managed to take out all of the risks off his game relying on running all the balls down. Murray is similar the only difference is that he varies shots more. But his main mindset is the same.

Anyway, you would need to pay me to watch the whole match of 4 hours + of them. The way they approach their matches is basically like an Iron man competition, let's keep the ball relatively high and safe with minimum risk and see who is the more macho man in running down more balls and playing better defense for longer. Winners and shot making are nearly meaningless, is all about stamina. I just tune in in the last 20 minutes of the match, where 8 out 10 times Djokovic takes it, due to having a better mentality. Oh and just to add, Nadal wasn't any better, he and Djokovic started this trend of Incredible Physical matches before Murray was a protagonist.

The only thing I give to Nadal some slack, is that he does tries his best to play aggressively with his game, the thing is the way his game is built FH, serve is very hard for him to play a straight aggressive game on faster surfaces. On clay you can see him running over guys whenever he can.
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #812
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
This, I used to enjoy Djokovic's game a lot more before, it was more fluid, more technical and looking to take the initiative of the points much more: 2008 AO, 2010 US open SF were some of my favorites matches from him. Recently, he has basically managed to take out all of the risks off his game relying on running all the balls down. Murray is similar the only difference is that he varies shots more. But his main mindset is the same.

Anyway, you would need to pay me to watch the whole match of 4 hours + of them. The way they approach their matches is basically like an Iron man competition, let's keep the ball relatively high and safe with minimum risk and see who is the more macho man in running down more balls and playing better defense for longer. Winners and shot making are nearly meaningless, is all about stamina. I just tune in in the last 20 minutes of the match, where 8 out 10 times Djokovic takes it, due to having a better mentality. Oh and just to add, Nadal wasn't any better, he and Djokovic started this trend of Incredible Physical matches before Murray was a protagonist.

The only thing I give to Nadal some slack, is that he does tries his best to play aggressively with his game, the thing is the way his game is built FH, serve is very hard for him to play a straight aggressive game on faster surfaces. On clay you can see him running over guys whenever he can.
Maybe there is a reason for all that? like tactics? I have seen Nole play offensive on many occasions. I agree he was more offensive back in 2007/08 but as we see more ineffective also.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #813
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Novak needs to think before hammering the serve. Just tossing in bad serves and wild forehands won't cut it.

He became too moody this year. Therefore, the Slam semi/finals were pure nightmares. Last year, he took care of his serve, not sloppy like this year. He was a wreck when he had to worry about what to do to be number 1 and a role model to fans/organizers of public events.
Just has to focus on a few things and stop talking so much to the media about his mistakes.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #814
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Djokovic in, Murray out... same trend in 2013?

Djokovic easily makes the final of Abu Dhabi routing Ferrer 6-0 6-3 while Murray bombs out early to Tipsy.
I know it's only an exho but it's the previous to AO and the players take it as their preparation for Australia. Will this trend prevail in 2013 with Novak making it to most finals and Murray winning here or there but losing early in lesser tournaments? I don't think Andy can make it ever to nº1 with that attitude, he simply can't. He needs to prapare as well for the slams as for the rest of the tournaments. Has he got the mental strenght and will to be number 1? What are your predictions for the upcoming season?

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #815
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic in, Murray out... same trend in 2013?

USO 2012 was a fluke, and the 2013 tennis season should prove it for all to see
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #816
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Murray will have a positive H2H against Djokovic in 2013.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #817
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

wishful thinking from you Nole Fan

the trend will be this - Murray slapping Nole around like he did in Olympics and US Open, hope that HELPED.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #818
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

the trend will be this - Murray slapping Nole around like he did in Olympics and US Open, hope that HELPED.
Maybe he'll do it like in AO and WTF. Hope that helped

HIST9RY
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #819
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute

H2H this year will be 5-1 Djoker...vs Dullerer that is, probably even (3-3) vs Murray.
NSMv1924 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #820
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about exhos? Last time Murray was in one he lost to Tipsy and Nole.

And then reached the Wimbledon final before winning the Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #821
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Who cares about exhos? Last time Murray was in one he lost to Tipsy and Nole.

And then reached the Wimbledon final before winning the Olympics.
This is just before the AO, so don't get so ahead...

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #822
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

i mean, he beat Ferrer 6/0 6/3 today, amazing how NoleDal take even exhos so seriously

those bastards wouldnt know how to play friendly even in a game of cards
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #823
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
Murray will have a positive H2H against Djokovic in 2013.
Says the great master of predictions.Fed in 2, right?
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #824
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

You mean like he did in Shanghai and London?Hope that helps.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #825
Banned!

Nole only won both those matches coz Murray choked