Gilles Simon's Chat Thread #2 - Page 187 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #2791
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gilles Simon's Chat Thread #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle-rn View Post
The character from Game Of Throne. I really do like his current look so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. About the babysitter thing, I was actually refering to jokes in l'Equipe.fr comments when Tulasne split ways. Yup, results weren't especially good since despite the semi at Bercy but what I did notice is how relaxed on court he looks now and that's a big positive change IMO.
You like his scruffy look? Ok then.
I don't mind the real short hair, but he could have shaved more often.
Well, you should like that he's gone on alone, I know how you feel about Tulasne . I'm okay too, I agree he needs to change things up. I didn't really noticed that he's more relaxed than usual. I mean, he's very relax against Berdych, but I thought it's because he's facing someone he knows he has no trouble handling. Other than that, he's still grummpy when he sucks.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #2792
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
I'm off to the gym. Take care!
Have fun.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #2793
country flag lalaland

I just want to rant... haven't feel anything about the hockey lockout until now that tennis season is over and I'm really bored. C'mon, why can't those rich hockey players and those rich hockey team owners both stop being so greedy for the sake of their poor fans . Oh well, tough ask. Nothing we can do but rant.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #2794
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
You like his scruffy look? Ok then.
I don't mind the real short hair, but he could have shaved more often.
Well, you should like that he's gone on alone, I know how you feel about Tulasne . I'm okay too, I agree he needs to change things up. I didn't really noticed that he's more relaxed than usual. I mean, he's very relax against Berdych, but I thought it's because he's facing someone he knows he has no trouble handling. Other than that, he's still grummpy when he sucks.
A two days beard is perfect, not more. His hair was way too short at the begining (spermatozoide look! ) but now it's perfect too. Mind you, in two weeks time, it will all be gone down the drain. I didn't particularly want him to go on alone, Winogradsky for one would a great coach to him I think, but yeah no one is better than Tulasne, if anything just for the sake of forcing a change and re-evaluation. Aside from the interclubs, the Berdych match was the only one I've watched in a while so yes, my perception is probably wrong but it still gives me some hope in that department.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #2795
country flag lalaland

Quote:
A two days beard is perfect, not more. His hair was way too short at the begining (spermatozoide look! ) but now it's perfect too. Mind you, in two weeks time, it will all be gone down the drain. I didn't particularly want him to go on alone, Winogradsky for one would a great coach to him I think, but yeah no one is better than Tulasne, if anything just for the sake of forcing a change and re-evaluation. Aside from the interclubs, the Berdych match was the only one I've watched in a while so yes, my perception is probably wrong but it still gives me some hope in that department.
Wino, wouldn't that be nice if he be Gilles' coach. One can dream.
Gilles' super serene playing Berdych, if only he can be like that always.

BTW, thanks for your take in the Interclub matches. One look at the results, I couldn't imagine anything good out of it. So it's nice to know he's not all bad. It's off-season anyway, hoping that Novotna moment is bcos he's maybe wander off to dream about his upcoming vacation. I won't weight too much on it then. His off-season form often has an opposite influence on the next season, basing mostly on last year's experience . So things are still very hopeful .
Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #2796
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just want to rant... haven't feel anything about the hockey lockout until now that tennis season is over and I'm really bored. C'mon, why can't those rich hockey players and those rich hockey team owners both stop being so greedy for the sake of their poor fans . Oh well, tough ask. Nothing we can do but rant.
Switch to figure skating. Less testoterone but more spectacular falls and more reveealing outfits.

Quote:
Wino, wouldn't that be nice if he be Gilles' coach. One can dream.
Gilles' super serene playing Berdych, if only he can be like that always.

BTW, thanks for your take in the Interclub matches. One look at the results, I couldn't imagine anything good out of it. So it's nice to know he's not all bad. It's off-season anyway, hoping that Novotna moment is bcos he's maybe wander off to dream about his upcoming vacation. I won't weight too much on it then. His off-season form often has an opposite influence on the next season, basing mostly on last year's experience . So things are still very hopeful .
Coming off last off-season, his hunger was totally satisified, shouldn't be the case this year. The interclubs don't mean much as far as Gilles is concerned anyway; some players like PHM were on a mission (first time ever he was playing for his hometown) but Simon said time and again the interclubs are just an opportunity to hang with players he rarely sees on tour (i.e. challengers players) and to experiment stuff in matches. Btw, I shouldn't have said it was a Novotna moment cause it wasn't a genuine one, more like his usual "I've done the hard bit, let's decompress now"; of course, he wasn't able to regroup afterward but he still took it to 7/9 in the TB, Novotna would never have. ^_^

On a side note, there was an entrance fee in Strasbourg and Quimperlé and a sizeable crowd was there to suppport their players, entrance was totally free in Paris and only a handful of spectators came. Go figure. >_<
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TCP_Paire Gicquel.jpg (49.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg TCP_Simon vs Bozoljac.jpg (62.2 KB, 24 views)

Old 11-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #2797
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Switch to figure skating. Less testoterone but more spectacular falls and more reveealing outfits.
But I like testoterone . Srsly though, I don't have the stomach for seeing those skater falls, and I'm not even sure why. I mean, seeing those hits in hockey and falls in skiing (man, those really really hurt physically) and I'm okay, the moment I saw those figure skater falls on a jump, I want to change channel, can't watch anymore. I think I just feel too embarrassed for them.

Quote:
Coming off last off-season, his hunger was totally satisified, shouldn't be the case this year. The interclubs don't mean much as far as Gilles is concerned anyway; some players like PHM were on a mission (first time ever he was playing for his hometown) but Simon said time and again the interclubs are just an opportunity to hang with players he rarely sees on tour (i.e. challengers players) and to experiment stuff in matches. Btw, I shouldn't have said it was a Novotna moment cause it wasn't a genuine one, more like his usual "I've done the hard bit, let's decompress now"; of course, he wasn't able to regroup afterward but he still took it to 7/9 in the TB, Novotna would never have. ^_^
You are usually super-critical of him...nice to hear you don’t think the loss is that bad. Trying to remember the last time he blew a 5-1 lead, the only match came in mind was 2010 Stuttgart against Nieminen. Back then was his first clay tournament, he was still a mess on clay. But anyway, there's no good excuse to blow such a lead, just doesn't hurt much during off-season.
Quote:
On a side note, there was an entrance fee in Strasbourg and Quimperlé and a sizeable crowd was there to suppport their players, entrance was totally free in Paris and only a handful of spectators came. Go figure. >_<
Parisians have better things to do than watching free tennis, apparently.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #2798
country flag lalaland

Oh Nat, any idea where Gilles went on vacation? Not trying to be nosy, just wonder why the hell he have to go to Buenos Aires to play an exo in December. Maybe he's vacationing in S.A.? I hope so, I mean, what a waste of time to go to the other side of the globe to play some meaningless thing . Had he not get enough of South America this year already . I'm not liking his off-season preparation schedule. He blew off that Open de Caen which he won last year to play this BA exo. Then again, Mika/PHM and Richie all play that Caen tournament, I can see why he doesn't want to go there at all .

http://www.copapeugeotdetenis.com.ar/
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #2799
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He blew off that Open de Caen which he won last year to play this BA exo. Then again, Mika/PHM and Richie all play that Caen tournament, I can see why he doesn't want to go there at all .

http://www.copapeugeotdetenis.com.ar/
I found strange to go in argentina except for money I mean long trip jet lag while he could have play the exho in France that he won last year. Well I'm not convinced by this choice.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #2800
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
I found strange to go in argentina except for money I mean long trip jet lag while he could have play the exho in France that he won last year. Well I'm not convinced by this choice.
The money better be good for the trouble . They play exo for money, can't blame them. But there could be some other factors too, that's why I think maybe he's also vacationing close by (it's summer there, why not). S.A. is a great place to travel to afterall. He's been to other 5 continents often enough but S.A. not until this year, so maybe he wants some sightseeing too. Although, I also don't like this preparation plan, sucky choice if he isn't anywhere near by that continent...Gael played this Buenos Aires exo last year, maybe he told Gilles it was great fun. Or maybe he sucked so much during the S.A. swing last Feb that he feels the need to go there again to show that he doesn't suck as much normally . Must say though I do like the group of players in this exo, probably more fun to watch him play them than Mika/Paulo or Richie for sure . May hurt his morale if he can't beat that 3 even in exo (he still hasn't beat Mika ever in any kind of tournament ).
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #2801
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
But I like testoterone . Srsly though, I don't have the stomach for seeing those skater falls, and I'm not even sure why. I mean, seeing those hits in hockey and falls in skiing (man, those really really hurt physically) and I'm okay, the moment I saw those figure skater falls on a jump, I want to change channel, can't watch anymore. I think I just feel too embarrassed for them.
That must be it cause falls rarely hurt in figure skating and unlike in skiing, they are not really accidental either since the main point of the routines is to try the hardest jumps without falling (too often). ^_^

Quote:
You are usually super-critical of him...nice to hear you don’t think the loss is that bad. Trying to remember the last time he blew a 5-1 lead, the only match came in mind was 2010 Stuttgart against Nieminen. Back then was his first clay tournament, he was still a mess on clay. But anyway, there's no good excuse to blow such a lead, just doesn't hurt much during off-season.
The only bad thing I can recall was Champion (TCP Captain) losing his hair by the minute and Gilles not giving a toss about it lol. I have to say I'm amongst the few who find easier to concentrate on a match on a computer screen than in live situation.

Quote:
Parisians have better things to do than watching free tennis, apparently.
I rather suspect people assume that if they don't have to pay for something, it's either crap or a scam.

Quote:
Oh Nat, any idea where Gilles went on vacation? Not trying to be nosy, just wonder why the hell he have to go to Buenos Aires to play an exo in December. Maybe he's vacationing in S.A.? I hope so, I mean, what a waste of time to go to the other side of the globe to play some meaningless thing . Had he not get enough of South America this year already . I'm not liking his off-season preparation schedule. He blew off that Open de Caen which he won last year to play this BA exo. Then again, Mika/PHM and Richie all play that Caen tournament, I can see why he doesn't want to go there at all .
No, no idea. Gilles announced it on court after the TCP/Bondy tie without giving any detail, not his style. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he went to SA, actually I already thought he did the SA swing earlier this year only for tourism related reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Slight allergy to Franco-French matches after the interclubs?

Quote:
The money better be good for the trouble . They play exo for money, can't blame them. But there could be some other factors too, that's why I think maybe he's also vacationing close by (it's summer there, why not). S.A. is a great place to travel to afterall.
+1

Making money whilst vacationing, plus expenses covered. Sounds much better than Caen in the rain and cold.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #2802
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to hop on in and wish Gilles Simon a very Happy 28th Birthday today!

It feels like it's been forever but the new season is just around the corner with Brisbane. Here's hoping he has a great 2013!
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #2803
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles , hope he spends a great day with his family, and that he has a great 2013!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #2804
country flag Meris275

Meris275 is on a distinguished road

Somebody could imagine what kind of musique does Gillou like?? i am thinking in giving him a present and musique is something everybody likes, so i thougt in making a CD with different kind of musique he could enjoy, i am open to suggestions: musique in his tongue language or other language as well, my tongue language is spanish.
Thank you for your help
Meris275 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #2805
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meris275 View Post
Somebody could imagine what kind of musique does Gillou like?? i am thinking in giving him a present and musique is something everybody likes, so i thougt in making a CD with different kind of musique he could enjoy, i am open to suggestions: musique in his tongue language or other language as well, my tongue language is spanish.
Thank you for your help
I think he likes rock music. He mentioned in interviews he likes the Rolling Stones, Muse, Metallica etc.