Shooting leaves 27 dead in Connecticut, USA - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #136
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shooting leaves 27 dead in Connecticut, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Right on Lee they are already rolling in money!
Where do you think the money comes from for NRA to pay for all those lobbyists in DC?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #137
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Where do you think the money comes from for NRA to pay for all those lobbyists in DC?
Believe me it is awful how the U.S. government is really run by lobbyists
Guest12315544 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #138
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
I wish people would open there eyes. The man in the video, Parker is also clearly laughing, and whats more, geeing himself up and getting into character. Without a doubt an actor.

I have been through moments of loss, and you would NEVER catch me laughing, nor anyone else I know, in a moment like that. That people would defend that clip is LAUGHABLE.

Besides, why would some random do something like this anyway? If you were mad at the world why not go and target the people who wronged you? It makes no sense at all. No GOD DAMN sense at all.
People do not defend the clip, that guy could be laughing his head off and that still wouldn't prove anything except that he needs some medical help most likely.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #139
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So when school is attacked, we put a team of armed guards to all school. What's next? Oh, day cares, the kids are even younger there. OK, we put an army in every day care. What next? Disney? Universal Studio? Legoland? Seaworld? Zoo?

Why don't we just make one big maximun security prison for every living beings?

And who is going to gain the most with this kind of thinking. Yes, the companies that manufactured all those assault weapons which created this problem in the first place.
Ironically there is a lot better security at Disney, Universal Studio, Legoland and Seaworld. Do they really search people that enter those areas? Would be many adults there that could defend themselves if some lunatic 20 year old showed up wanting to kill 5-10 year olds.

The opportunity often makes the criminal. It's not exactly a coincidence that schools are picked. The assailant knows the area, knows how to get there, where to change into his "assault gear", where the guard is stationed.

That's why schools need to be prepared to deal with the armed lunatic. Exactly how is the violence supposed to be scaled up? A guy that puts on body armor, has rifles, handguns, boxes of ammo is pretty serious business. What's the next step? Full blown machineguns, rocket launchers? Is that realistic? Not really. Or will we see squads of lunatics? probably not realistic either. These are usually "lone wolves" that keep away from others and aren't very social.

Fact is if a school could deal with the lonely lunatic it has come far. School shootings will never stop but school MASSACRES can stop and maybe next time it can be a guard that becomes a hero and takes down a lunatic. It's been close a few times.
MaxPower is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #140
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Again, people forgot Columbine high school, where many teenagers were killed, had an armed police officer there. How good it did?

And many people in this thread did not even have children or have children in school. They don't have children being locked inside their own classrooms, like prisoners Which makes you wonder that in order to protect the freedom for people to arm themselves to the T, that the most vulnerable citizens lost their freedom. The children grow up behind locked rooms. Their classrooms lack sunlight because windows lack protection. Schools are more like maximum security prisons. Is this what we really want for our children?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #141
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Arming the teachers is just a bad, bad idea. Putting police officers in schools everywhere is expensive and impractical (and many already have one)

Youzhny, Robredo, Matosevic, Monaco, Kohlschreiber, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Dolgopolov, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Zeballos, Herbert, Tursunov, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #142
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And many people in this thread did not even have children or have children in school. They don't have children being locked inside their own classrooms, like prisoners Which makes you wonder that in order to protect the freedom for people to arm themselves to the T, that the most vulnerable citizens lost their freedom. The children grow up behind locked rooms. Their classrooms lack sunlight because windows lack protection. Schools are more like maximum security prisons. Is this what we really want for our children?
Yup, spot on. I don't have kids, but if I had, that definitely wouldn't be the type of school where I would want to send them, no way.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #143
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
I have been through moments of loss, and you would NEVER catch me laughing, nor anyone else I know, in a moment like that. That people would defend that clip is LAUGHABLE.
My family owns a funeral home. I've seen people deal with their grief in a range of ways. Even last year when my grandmother passed, my cousins and I were talking together and laughing in the pews while waiting for the service to begin, and when it started, my cousin went up to say the benediction and once she got up there she couldn't stop crying, even when she'd been laughing just a few moments before.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #144
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I find Piers Morgan annoying, he's absolutely right with his views on gun control.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #145
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this today and it melted my heart

coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #146
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

Unraveling Sandy Hook... another illuminating presentation from sofia smallstorm, creator of 9-11 Mysteries.

presentation begins @ 4:06

time to wake up.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #147
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

How about the Colorado shooting?!?!?

I can't believe there has been another one...

So tragic.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

Lneders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #148
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
Unraveling Sandy Hook... another illuminating presentation from sofia smallstorm...

time to wake up.
Never saw this before, forgive my ignorance.

The woman mentions Boston as well. Do you know a link to this sort of presentation on Boston bombing?
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #149
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
Unraveling Sandy Hook... another illuminating presentation from sofia smallstorm, creator of 9-11 Mysteries.

presentation begins @ 4:06

time to wake up.
I do not want to watch 90 minutes of brainwashing . Does this 9/11 video mention why the towers collapsed at the floors where the planes hit? I have never met a conspiracy theory that tried to answer this question. They all ignore it. Without an answer to that question, the theory is useless.

And I am unwilling to watch another 90 minutes of claptrap from this stupid woman trying to get publicity for herself by using the Sandy Hook shooting. I can not even imagine what silly conspiracy she has dreamed up.

Last edited by buddyholly : 12-16-2013 at 12:13 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #150
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
As much as I find Piers Morgan annoying, he's absolutely right with his views on gun control.
Those who are are pro-second amendment constantly use the "if the government turns into a tyrannical regime, we can defend ourselves" argument. Well, the US military has the most intricately prodigious military in the world - if they did decide to turn tyrannical, do people honestly think having a few guns in their house will make such a difference? If the US government wanted to, they can wipe out half of the US in a matter of hours with their advanced technology and endless inventory.

Constitutionalists need to remember we are no longer in the 16th century. Your tyrannical leadership has more than fire weapons and knives.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote