Why did Nadal only come 4th in the ATP Fans favourite award? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #16
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did Nadal only come 4th in the ATP Fans favourite award?

Well the quality of the posting here is truly a marvel to behold.

I would guess that a lot of people don't pay much attention to the ATP site and any number of online polls just as many people don't pay attention to this board with its petty griping and incessant complaining about most things in general and Nadal in particular.
tribalfusion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #17
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

People who casually follow tennis/watch a tennis match a year tend to like Nadal. He's someone where the more you know him, the less you like him (Up right til the second/third time I saw him play and the first full match, Nadal was a favorite of mine) He's not very liked at all among those who follow tennis closely- just look at this site

Youzhny, Robredo, Matosevic, Monaco, Kohlschreiber, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Dolgopolov, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Zeballos, Herbert, Tursunov, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #18
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the popular ranking just like the player ranking is not wrong BUT it's just mean that right now he is n4 I can change in the future

Fed fed fed how much I love you..
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #19
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Lol you guys are so jelly. Murray is simply more likable. His emotions seems genuine and he's not always pulling MTO bullshit like Nole/Rafa.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #20
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
I would guess that a lot of people don't pay much attention to the ATP site and any number of online polls...
Which still wouldn't explain why Nadal has the least number of votes in the four, unless you're attempting to suggest that Nadal fans are somehow less likely to vote.

Something to behold indeed.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #21
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Which still wouldn't explain why Nadal has the least number of votes in the four, unless you're attempting to suggest that Nadal fans are somehow less likely to vote.

Something to behold indeed.
Are you actually suggesting that Nadal is less popular worldwide than Murray and Djokovic?

I would find that quite hard to imagine. Facebook seems more reliable for such a popularity contest as opposed to an ATP site with a poll that I never even looked at though I check the ATP site regularly unlike most people who like tennis (who never even go to that site in the first place). Nadal wasn't playing the last 6 months and his fans are probably less likely to be all over the ATP site and looking to "vote" for him online but who knows really...

Nadal is hated much more on English language tennis boards than others for a variety of reasons which I am not interested in debating with the usual MTF board follower but such boards are hardly representative of the much, much larger world of people who would say they enjoy tennis.
tribalfusion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
People who casually follow tennis/watch a tennis match a year tend to like Nadal. He's someone where the more you know him, the less you like him (Up right til the second/third time I saw him play and the first full match, Nadal was a favorite of mine) He's not very liked at all among those who follow tennis closely- just look at this site
You are correct, he is not very liked AT ALL!

Oh, I'm sorry, YOU WISH he was not very liked at all. It must be eating your poor hater's heart out

Rafa winning at least one slam in 9 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote