The Hobbit trailer!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #31
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hobbit trailer!!

Very much looking forward to Martin Freeman's adaptation of Bilbo.

At least a MATURE actor taking up the leading role - you might curse me for this, but I always found Mr. Wood's adaptation of Frodo in LoTR being completely over the top, with all the whining, falling over, and turning out a complete WHIMP at times - the most horrible scene being 'sending Sam off home' at the Stairs of Cirith Ungol, which, imho, BOOK!Frodo would never have done, and coming close to Character Murder. I don't blame Mr. Wood for that, I do blame Mr. Jackson for directing his persona to a juvenile audience a lot for that. Most definitely not how I depicted Mr. Frodo from the books - quite a genuine hero, really.
(just my personal opionion of course)

Hope Mr. Freeman does a better job, and according to the (slighly) positive reviews in the newspapers over here so far, he does.

I have a lot more gripes with Jackson's LotR, most of all them being idiocy of 'Brego-the-wonder-horse', Arwen , Haldir , etc., but don't get me started on it all.
I do respect him for having made that trilogy at all, don't get me wrong - it remains a pleasant watch whenever I see it again.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #32
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Really fantastic watch. Couldn't have asked for a better beginning to the trilogy of films, if you ask me.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #33
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Watched it!

The Hobbit has a slower pace than LOTR but lets not forget the latter had a lot more material to make shorter, whereas here, its vice versa. For me, it works fine as a companion adventure series to its sibling with similar cast of characters. I love the tidbits that connect Hobbit's timeline to LOTR's which takes place about 60 years after the Hobbit such as how Sauron's ring fell into Bilbo Baggin's hands; how Frodo goes to receive Gandalf in the beginning of the Hobbit movie to set up the LOTR adventure. A bit of chemistry between Gandalf and Cate Blanchett. Action scenes were typical Peter Jackson. I am amazed at the director's appetite to make such long movies, but of course, I am not complaining. I would have in fact preferred three hours instead of "only" 160 minutes as it stands now, but maybe they couldn't stretch the lesser material further.

And yes, Howard Shore's haunting score when the ring makes a brief appearance still brings a nice chill. I loved the ride, I can't complain.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote