In the spotlight - Rocketassist - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #61
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the spotlight - Rocketassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
why were you banned?
For inappropriate remarks towards a (now permabanned) poster.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #62
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think the Labour Party would be in better hands if David Milliband had beaten his brother, Ed Milliband, in the leadership election in 2010?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #63
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Do you think the Labour Party would be in better hands if David Milliband had beaten his brother, Ed Milliband, in the leadership election in 2010?
Yes. I feel he has more of the 'future PM' about him than Ed, definitely.

The Labour representatives on the last two editions of QT (Andy Burnham and Stella Creasy) did very well and they're the type of people the party should be building its future on.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #64
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

1-Who will the next 1st time Slam winner be?

2-Are (at least some of) today's top players overrated due to surface homogenization?

3-Who is the worst poster on the forum and the most unbearable fanbase?

4-What changes would you make in the tennis calendar, as well as surfaces and conditions?

5-Zidane or Iniesta?
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #65
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
1-Who will the next 1st time Slam winner be?

2-Are (at least some of) today's top players overrated due to surface homogenization?

3-Who is the worst poster on the forum and the most unbearable fanbase?

4-What changes would you make in the tennis calendar, as well as surfaces and conditions?

5-Zidane or Iniesta?
1 I'd like to think it would be Tsonga or Kei but it's so difficult for guys with attacking/big hitting game to break through in modern conditions it's hard to say.

2 Yep. Nadal winning a career slam is testimony to that, as is Djokovic winning Wimbledon although he should logically be competitive in the other three anyway. Even Murray's slam he benefitted being on the slower Ashe in some matches, when in the two Armstrong matches he found two in-form players a real handful.

3 hard to say- they recently permabanned the worst poster, and there isn't a standout bad poster. Rafatards were the worst fanbase but they've banned the majority of the worst. So whoever wins the most next year will probably be the worst fanbase

a Revert Aussie season back to Rebound Ace
b Masters finals best of 5 sets
c make IW/Miami medium paced to make it easier for players' bodies
d Replace Madrid with Hamburg, back where it should be. Madrid reverts to first indoor TMS with Shanghai reverting to a 500
e an extra week of grass preparation with Liverpool getting an ATP event
f speed up Ashe and US Open courts back to 2004 level
g Revert once carpet tournaments back to carpet especially Bercy
h Move WTF to German city and have it on carpet to conclude the year

Things were fine in 2004. I've just put them back what they were.

5 I'd say Zizou
Old 12-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #66
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

How and why did you become a Nedved fan??
Old 12-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #67
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
How and why did you become a Nedved fan??
Channel 4 here (an easily accessible channel at the time) had the rights to show Serie A from 1992 to 2002 so I was able to watch him at Lazio and then Juve. I knew once Cragnotti thought he could let him go and improve the Biancocelesti that was the end of them. They were a force until they sold him. And not surprisingly Juve went on to recover the title and probably would have won the CL in Manchester if he wasn't suspended for it.

The guy was just such an underrated footballer. One of the best players I've seen at his peak.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #68
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Channel 4 here (an easily accessible channel at the time) had the rights to show Serie A from 1992 to 2002 so I was able to watch him at Lazio and then Juve. I knew once Cragnotti thought he could let him go and improve the Biancocelesti that was the end of them. They were a force until they sold him. And not surprisingly Juve went on to recover the title and probably would have won the CL in Manchester if he wasn't suspended for it.

The guy was just such an underrated footballer. One of the best players I've seen at his peak.
Agree. I didn't get to watch him too much at Lazio because I was too young. Watched a lot of videos of that team though, apart from Pavel there were some fantastic players, Veron, Nesta, Almeyda, Sinisa Mijahlovic, Crespo, Poborsky, etc. And Erickson was a great coach.

At Juve he was a beast. The most complete player I saw at his peak. And yes, despite he won the Ballon D'or very under-rated player. That yellow card against Real was a disgrace, one of the saddest moments in football.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #69
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell happened to Tranmere at Swindon tonight mate?
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #70
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
What the hell happened to Tranmere at Swindon tonight mate?
Injuries, and a good opposition who have been playing very well. Their bench pisses over ours, and their budget's £4m compared to our £1.4m. We're doing superbly well to be above teams like them at this stage.

Di Canio gets a lot of press and praise but he's just a chequebook manager. When he goes behind in a game his record is shit. In the Championship I reckon his 'methods' would be found out.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #71
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

1-What was the best/your favorite Slam of the past decade (of the 00s if you prefer)?

2-How much do you think the man on my avatar could have gone on to achieve if not for injuries and illness ending his career at 22yo? How do you think his talent/potential stacks up with that of his age peers (Soderling, Berdych and Tsonga)?

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #72
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Your favourite side in League One besides Tranmere?
Best home support in League One?
Best away support in League One?
Best match of this season from any competition in any country, so far?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #73
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
1-What was the best/your favorite Slam of the past decade (of the 00s if you prefer)?

2-How much do you think the man on my avatar could have gone on to achieve if not for injuries and illness ending his career at 22yo? How do you think his talent/potential stacks up with that of his age peers (Soderling, Berdych and Tsonga)?
1 In terms of overall tennis enjoyment, Wimbledon 2001 for sure. The unpredictability, the story, the tennis was great too. Sampras-Federer, Henman-Federer, Ivanisevic-Safin, Ivanisevic-Henman, Agassi-Rafter and the people's final made it one of the great sporting moments. AO 2005 and RG 2009 not far behind, due to Safin's phenomenal play throughout. Aside from the nervy first set against Hewitt, he was unplayable. RG 09 gets third for the unpredictability factor after Soderling's upset. You had no idea who would win, as Fed limped his way past Haas and Delpo.

In terms of the result, the USO just gone although obviously it wasn't the best tennis spectacle, after eight years of following/supporting a player it was great to see him cross the finish line no matter how it came about. I was happy for Roger to win the Career Slam in 2009, and the same for Agassi in 1999 (although it's not the 00s).

Best slam in terms of tennis enjoyment:

1 Wimbledon 2001
2 Australian Open 2005
3 Roland Garros 2009

Best slam result/outcome:

1 US Open 2012
2 Roland Garros 1999
3 Roland Garros 2009

2 Mario had great potentially especially on grass- he had the serve, the movement, strong strokes and excellent volleys, better than Berdych and Soderling's. He'd have had a Tsonga-like career on grass and been a real tough customer at the USO as well.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #74
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Your favourite side in League One besides Tranmere?
Best home support in League One?
Best away support in League One?
Best match of this season from any competition in any country, so far?
1 Leyton Orient (for topical reasons)
2 Portsmouth get good gates given their inevitable predicament
3 In terms of numbers, Sheffield Utd. In terms of quality, us
4 Schalke against Hannover (5-4) in the Bundesliga the other week
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #75
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Who is more talented, Henry or C. Ronlado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote