2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 102 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #1516
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
That said, it could potentially be his mate's account that was coincidentally created and used at JG's place or whatever.
Sure, what a string of coincidences Btw, this place is pretty huge, both in number of users and subforums, there are people with 10k+ posts who are almost unknown outside of subforum(s) where they frequent. If anyone succeeds to get flagged here as a double account after a mere 50-100 posts or so, that alone says enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I am neither. Please tell me in what way Johnny Groove's supposed double account disrupted the forum or your experience on it. Or other harmless double accounts as well. They rarely do, and when they do they should be banned for forum disruptions, not for being a double account. For instance, say I created another account from my laptop and made just one post with it, something 'Federer in 2' in a Federer WWW thread and then never used it again. Would this make me a very bizarre individual? Yes, probably. Does thing bring the forum into disrupt in any way? No. Would the ensuing 3 month ban if I got caught have any rational justification? No.

Even for previously permabanned accounts, it still makes no sense. If a previously banned poster comes back in another account as a law abiding positive poster, it's absurd to ban him just because he's a DA. In short, banning solely on grounds of being a DA ie treating all double accounts equally is an inane system and one that actually favors malicious people/posters over naive yet not badly intentioned ones.
Obviously you are Chances that you will be caught with just 1 post are zero, so the example doesn't mean anything. I still haven't heard 100% who the double account was, only guessing, so it's impossible to say anything conclusive really. Previously banned accounts never come back as positive posters, otherwise they wouldn't have been banned in the first place. If they come back, it's usually to troll more/harder.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”

Last edited by Time Violation : 12-11-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #1517
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
This is interesting since you have been under suspicion of being a double account.
Interesting isn't the word I'd use it, more like sad that people are wasting their time speculating about such trivial and silly stuff, especially people whose function should be to moderate/control the forum.

What if I was a double account? I'd love to hear someone give a rational explanation of why being a double account alone is something so horrible and worthy of a ban. No one will be able to provide one because it's rule with no thought behind it.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #1518
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What if I was a double account? I'd love to hear someone give a rational explanation of why being a double account alone is something so horrible and worthy of a ban. No one will be able to provide one because it's rule with no thought behind it.
allowing xxx DAs of some user would take the last note of seriousness to this place. Mods deserve the biggest credit for taking them down but the problem is length of ban for original account who makes it imo
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #1519

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Obviously you are Chances that you will be caught with just 1 post are zero, so the example doesn't mean anything. I still haven't heard 100% who the double account was, only guessing, so it's impossible to say anything conclusive really. Previously banned accounts never come back as positive posters, otherwise they wouldn't have been banned in the first place. If they come back, it's usually to troll more/harder.
No. There was a recently banned poster whose DA had 0 posts and she was still caught and banned for 3 months. I don't know if it's right to reveal her name here, but it did happen, simply because she had a DA

In that case they should be banned again, but not because they're DAs, rather because they are bringing the forum into disruption with their posts.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #1520
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Sure, what a string of coincidences Btw, this place is pretty huge, both in number of users and subforums, there are people with 10k+ posts who are almost unknown outside of subforum(s) where they frequent. If anyone succeeds to get flagged here as a double account after a mere 50-100 posts or so, that alone says enough
Well, anything's possible with anonymity

If you want to dig further down the rabbit hole, the Mods will have to meet JG (and his 'friend' if applicable) in person to get genuine evidence.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #1521
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see, cool. I suppose there's already someone ready to run/organize those contests, but if there isn't I wouldn't mind running one or even both those contests at all - only if there's no one with more MTF time/experience ready to run them of course.

I mean, seeing an MTF contest run smoothly would probably be nice for a change
i heard miss mtf need a volunteer to organise the contest. there only nine days left until everyone is wiped out from existence, so it would nice to see mtf finest ladies competing in one last contest.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #1522
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No. There was a recently banned poster whose DA had 0 posts and she was still caught and banned for 3 months. I don't know if it's right to reveal her name here, but it did happen, simply because she had a DA

In that case they should be banned again, but not because they're DAs, rather because they are bringing the forum into disruption with their posts.
Then it's most likely because she said so herself or something, how would anyone know without any posts being made? Anyway, before anyone here gets permabanned, he gets a ton of warnings and a ton of short bans. If he/she still gets permabanned in the end, then we are usually talking about a hard-core troll or simply a nutcase, no need to see them again via DA.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
i heard miss mtf need a volunteer to organise the contest. there only nine days left until everyone is wiped out from existence, so it would nice to see mtf finest ladies competing in one last contest.
As I said and maintain, if needed I don't mind organizing one or even both contests, you/people in general just need to say the word
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #1524
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Like I said earlier, it's easy to act like someone else when you're anonymous online. That said, it could potentially be his mate's account that was coincidentally created and used at JG's place or whatever.
Well that is obvious, I'm sure many of us have extensively trolled at one point or another, but I still have my doubts about that account belonging to JG.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #1525
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As I said and maintain, if needed I don't mind organizing one or even both contests, you/people in general just need to say the word
You have my support, Mug Clownders.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #1526
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I was busy studying for the last couple days, i missed so much

Congrats trips
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #1527
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
this
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #1528
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, let me get this straight...Groove had a double account registered and ready to go after he announced his "retirement" from MTF and started posting on that shortly after?

Damn, this kid's life must be pathetic:
- Conjured up all these stories about his life in which he got shot, stabbed, had a baby and subsequently killed him off, had inordinate amounts of sex, and pretended to be and type "drunk"
- Talked about being a top 100 player in a few years yet can't win a round of qualifying in a futures event at age of 20+
- Tried to retire from a message board and come back with a fresh start under a new username and got caught
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #1529
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Wait, let me get this straight...Groove had a double account registered and ready to go after he announced his "retirement" from MTF and started posting on that shortly after?

Damn, this kid's life must be pathetic:
- Conjured up all these stories about his life in which he got shot, stabbed, had a baby and subsequently killed him off, had inordinate amounts of sex, and pretended to be and type "drunk"
- Talked about being a top 100 player in a few years yet can't win a round of qualifying in a futures event at age of 20+
- Tried to retire from a message board and come back with a fresh start under a new username and got caught
This is why I'm not surprised at all if this double account is actually the case. From JG's posts in NT, he has appeared as pretty dramatic more often than not.. Not going to bash him though, since he is one of the more sensible fans of Rafa on MTF, but he definitely has some reassurance and self-esteem issues (?) at least that is what it appears.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #1530
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

I think I forgot to congratulate everyone.

Congrats trips on a deserved title
Grats to viruzzz for making the final

Congrats to Hewitt =Legend and the Bulldog as well, though I think you guys were the first ever to contest a bronze medal match .

Thanks to JG for organizing and anyone who helped count votes
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote