2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #1501
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Congratulations to tripwires. That said, how was viruzzzz in the final? Anyone care to tell me?
He's a good poster and a really nice guy. He doesn't bash anyone and is very genuine. Sorry if that's not very flashy, but it's more appreciated than all the gimmicks and fake-ass personalities on here.
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #1502
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've seen, he tries to be funny and, most of the time, fails. Oh well, he didn't win, so that's fine. Tripwires, deserved #1 seed!!

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,530,210 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-141...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #1503
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
The users Manon and Chooper were also banned in a rush two years ago and never had the time to explain themselves.

The way moderators ban in this place is weird, it is so sudden you dont even feel guilty. And usully when you feel guilty (say bitter things to other people, do other ermm things), they dont ban you.

Snowwy is a bit scary he speaks with some superiority i have snowwyfobia

I think the moderators here need a public relations persona to talk for them, someone like Nathaliia or, lets say, cobalt60, for example, warm and nice, that could make us feel guilty for doing bad things and feel sorry we disrupted this place. the same way a minion would say to his master. " I am sorry, whip me, love you master"
Like being a mother? Hell I don't even make my own kids feel guilty. And FYI I do not know who,what,where or why JG was banned until I read Nathi's original post.

Last edited by cobalt60 : 12-11-2012 at 09:25 PM.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #1504
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice acceptance speech trips And congrats to Viruzz; Hewitt=god in his opinion and George!
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #1505
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Would really like to see what is the principle of finding out DA . If somebody is doing it he knows what he is doing, IP address has 10 numbers in it so even if you use the same PC for it after every router restart at least few last numbers are changing, it still would be showing the same area or town but it can't be 100% accurate if you restart router and clean the cookies before logging in. So only 100% accurate way of finding it is statical IP or logging in without restarting internet router . Pretty rookie mistake for somebody so passionante in it

I mean, I am often logging in from public library so there are good chances that some other MTF posters could use it because there is something like 10 PCs
Restarting router doesn't mean you'll get a new IP address every time; an address lease can last few days depending on your provider's settings. Moreover, even if you use 10 computers, that usually doesn't mean you posted 10% of your posts from each. More likely you posted majority of posts from few different ones, if not from just one computer. The style of posting/expressing also counts and I guess in the end it all adds up.

Of course, one could be careful and avoid all that, but guys who make DAs usually aren't that sophisticated I guess
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #1506
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I never understood why people had double accounts, it makes no sense for me.
me neither.

But some people obviously have little life outside mtf.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #1507
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute

kinda sad that the bans and DAs overshadow the outcome of the contest

not fair to the winner and "runners-up"

Last edited by Keech : 12-11-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #1508
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to see the problem with double accounts and why it is a bannable offense. I mean, who cares if someone has two accounts, does this represent a disruption for the forum or something? No, there could possibly even be someone with two accounts both used to contribute positively to the forum. DAs are only a real issue if they are used to disrupt the forum, and in that case people should be banned for forum disruptions not for being a double account.

Besides its complete pointlessness, another problem with this rule is that it favors malicious people over naive ones. In short, it's easier to go undetected as a double account (in fact it's very easy) if you do it intentionally (if you plan it) than if it happens by accident (say a friend of yours comes to your house and creates an account as a joke, you create an account for purely joking purposes). It's definitely one of the most inane rules I've seen online, although it's far from exclusive to this forum. There's nothing inherently wrong with having two or even more accounts.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #1509
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
If I knew it was Groove would never demand finding out Noserer's double account. Sorry Groove, my fault. I still like you, specially your counting skills
Snowwyy said noserer was coincidentally banned on the same day, so he's not JG.
I still think noserer is topspinny
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #1510
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I fail to see the problem with double accounts and why it is a bannable offense. I mean, who cares if someone has two accounts, does this represent a disruption for the forum or something? No, there could possibly even be someone with two accounts both used to contribute positively to the forum. DAs are only a real issue if they are used to disrupt the forum, and in that case people should be banned for forum disruptions not for being a double account.
You are either very new to internet forums or very naive Of course they are going to be used for some kind of forum disruption, one account is all you need if you want to contribute positively. Of course, I'm not counting here the cases when someone forgot his user and/or password, then created new one instead of recovering the old one, such things are rarely a problem.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #1511
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

so unfair how this is taking away from the worthy winner, runner up and quarter finalists
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #1512
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Hard to mistake two users using the same IP.. obviously why would he admit it even to someone close? Maybe it was a really embarrassing account or one that may get him ridiculed nonstop. I don't think that account was his though, the likes and posting styles of that account seem to not be consistent with him.
Like I said earlier, it's easy to act like someone else when you're anonymous online. That said, it could potentially be his mate's account that was coincidentally created and used at JG's place or whatever.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #1513
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post

Besides its complete pointlessness, another problem with this rule is that it favors malicious people over naive ones. In short, it's easier to go undetected as a double account (in fact it's very easy) if you do it intentionally (if you plan it) than if it happens by accident (say a friend of yours comes to your house and creates an account as a joke, you create an account for purely joking purposes). It's definitely one of the most inane rules I've seen online, although it's far from exclusive to this forum. There's nothing inherently wrong with having two or even more accounts.
This is interesting since you have been under suspicion of being a double account.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #1514
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
You are either very new to internet forums or very naive Of course they are going to be used for some kind of forum disruption, one account is all you need if you want to contribute positively. Of course, I'm not counting here the cases when someone forgot his user and/or password, then created new one instead of recovering the old one, such things are rarely a problem.
I am neither. Please tell me in what way Johnny Groove's supposed double account disrupted the forum or your experience on it. Or other harmless double accounts as well. They rarely do, and when they do they should be banned for forum disruptions, not for being a double account. For instance, say I created another account from my laptop and made just one post with it, something 'Federer in 2' in a Federer WWW thread and then never used it again. Would this make me a very bizarre individual? Yes, probably. Does thing bring the forum into disrupt in any way? No. Would the ensuing 3 month ban if I got caught have any rational justification? No.

Even for previously permabanned accounts, it still makes no sense. If a previously banned poster comes back in another account as a law abiding positive poster, it's absurd to ban him just because he's a DA. In short, banning solely on grounds of being a DA ie treating all double accounts equally is an inane system and one that actually favors malicious people/posters over naive yet not badly intentioned ones.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #1515
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keech View Post
Congrats to Tripsy on winning gold!

Really nice run to silver, viruzzz!

Way to go Hewitt =Legend on taking bronze!

And special mention goes to The Bulldog!
cutest post by far in this thread
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote