2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 97 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #1441
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

congrats Trippy
you can also change you sig... to Queen Tripwires!!!
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #1442
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
congrats Trippy
you can also change you sig... to Queen Tripwires!!!
Thanks Kat.

That's a bit too arrogant even for my standards.

Ok I need to sleep.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #1443
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Thanks Kat.

That's a bit too arrogant even for my standards.

Ok I need to sleep.
too arrogant for your standards? impossible....
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #1444
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
As if this was going to change something for you to ban him 4 hours later.
I can say it again, I didn't personally set the banning, but if I were the one to do, it I would not have even thought about a contest. To you, it seems like it may be the highlight of your year, and that is great, but to me, its an event I might look at once. To know who is running it, for me is a big ask. We don't sit around and chat for hours about what time of the day or night we should ban members. And for you to suggest we should is ludicrous. However, at this point all I can do is apologize for it, we can't go back in time, so we all need to move on to the next part of life.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #1445
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Regardless of whether JG was in the middle of running this contest when he was banned (which isn't relevant), the fact that he wasn't sent a PM enquiring about the alleged double account raises serious concerns. If the moderators of this forum really take the offence of a double account as seriously as they purport to, then it is reasonable to expect them to at least raise the issue with the suspected offender and give him the chance to explain himself before banning him outright. The fact that this was done in the past (and I can personally attest to it) but apparently not for Johnny Groove not only speaks volumes of the consistently inconsistent moderation of this forum, but also the absolutely thoughtless way in which this ban was carried out.

It seems like I won. I will write my thank you speech when it's not 3 a.m.
Not each situation is the same. Sometimes there is much more evidence or proof than other times. That will be all I say about why there was no PM sent. The decision was made with the information we have and it is the correct one. At MTF, we do not have public trials where we display all of our evidence and at MTF, there should not be any preferential treatment for any user.

Congratulations on winning the contest.

Finally, since JG retired from MTF anyway, I'm sure he won't even mind his ban, right?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #1446
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Not each situation is the same. Sometimes there is much more evidence or proof than other times. That will be all I say about why there was no PM sent. The decision was made with the information we have and it is the correct one. At MTF, we do not have public trials where we display all of our evidence and at MTF, there should not be any preferential treatment for any user.

Congratulations on winning the contest.

Finally, since JG retired from MTF anyway, I'm sure he won't even mind his ban, right?
I see your point a bit here in that a trial via the MTF 'public' would be quite biased and in some cases result in a kangaroo court.

Was Noserer JG?
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #1447
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay. But what about Mooza?
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #1448
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think any mod even thought for a second that we might be disrupting an off-season contest. I know at least for me, I didn't even know he was running the contest.

There was no thought that we were ruining your contest or whatever. Sorry
Sure, nobody knew about the contest

The mods who frequent this place didn't see it despite it was at the top of the page for the last 3 weeks.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #1449
country flag Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I see your point a bit here in that a trial via the MTF 'public' would be quite biased and in some cases result in a kangaroo court.

Was Noserer JG?
It is a coincidence that Noserer was banned on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Okay. But what about Mooza?
Mooza is on day 11 of a 30 day ban for discriminatory remarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Sure, nobody knew about the contest

The mods who frequent this place didn't see it despite it was at the top of the page for the last 3 weeks.
I don't come on MTF that often during the off-season, who knows if the other mods do?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #1450
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Johnny posted on my FB wall he's never made any double account
Hard to mistake the same IP.. Since JG was supposed to retire, perhaps he wanted a new persona.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #1451
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Tragic end

But congrats Trip
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #1452
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't come on MTF that often during the off-season, who knows if the other mods do?
So how/why are posters getting banned more than ever before during the off season if mods don't come on MTF often and are not even aware of off season contests? Would be nice to make explanations at least barely believable
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 AM   #1453
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
So how/why are posters getting banned more than ever before during the off season if mods don't come on MTF often and are not even aware of off season contests? Would be nice to make explanations at least barely believable
There might be more mods
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #1454
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
..come on, regardless of whether one dislikes the mods or not, Snowwy isn't the only mod and I'm not sure how you read that post to mean all mods don't on the MTF often.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #1455
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
There might be more mods
Look at the quote again:

Quote:
Apparently he's not sure whether the other mods visit MTF (often) during the off season, which would explain them not being aware of the contest.

Are we supposed to believe this?
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote