Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #226
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
How about a complete list of all the anime you enjoy/enjoyed?
I watch a lot of anime and always have over the years, so kind of impossible to list them all, but will list some of my favorites - some of them will probably not be very well known

-Captain Tsubasa
-Beyblade
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Digimon (only Adventure and Tamers though)
-Saint Seiya
-Pokemon
-Mon Colle Knights
-Medabots
-Kochikame
-Doraemon
-Kiteretsu
-Saint Tail
-Lady Oscar/Rose of Versailles
-Sakura
-Voltron
-Sailor Moon
-Transformers (although it's debatable if it should be included in the anime genre)
-Mega Man
-Inspector Fabre

Looks like a good enough list, will add more if I remember This is just anime, there are more animated series that I enjoy that don't belong to the anime genre.

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 12-10-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #227
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I know more than half of those.

How about Bleach or Naruto? None of those?
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #228

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have watched them, although not in their totality, not a big fan. My problem with those two is the same as with Dragon Ball in a way, everything is way too long and drawn out. The mangas are better.

And if you know more than half of those I mentioned, you are quite cultured in the anime department

Also on an unrelated and seemingly random note since you have a baby daughter; you should get her to watch Boy Meets World when she's old enough, it's still the best kid series ever imo
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #229
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

How about Initial D? Have you seen it before?
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #230
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I watch a lot of anime and always have over the years, so kind of impossible to list them all, but will list some of my favorites - some of them will probably not be very well known

-Captain Tsubasa
-Beyblade
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Saint Seiya
-Pokemon
-Mon Colle Knights
-Medabots
-Kochikame
-Doraemon
-Kiteretsu
-Saint Tail
-Sakura
-Voltron
-Sailor Moon
-Transformers (although it's debatable if it should be included in the anime genre)

Looks like a good enough list, will add more if I remember This is just anime, there are more animated series that I enjoy that don't belong to the anime genre.
Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and Dragonball Z were favourites as a kid. Spent much money on cards and games

But otherwise I have detested other anime/manga. I've known people who were obsessed with them, especially Naruto, but I just didn't see the appeal. So what are its strengths? (It my be the whole culture of it that turns me off. Adults cosplaying, etc)
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #231
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also on an unrelated and seemingly random note since you have a baby daughter; you should get her to watch Boy Meets World when she's old enough, it's still the best kid series ever imo
Also Sailor Moon.

BroTree, I've seen an episode of Initial D once. We have Animax here, I remember seeing it there, although I could be wrong, since it was years ago. I hear the manga is still going. Am I wrong?
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
How about Initial D? Have you seen it before?
I remember watching the first series of that show on my cartoon channel when I was a kid. The fact that I didn't download and watch it in its entirety after I got acquainted with the Internet probably means it didn't make a huge impression on me though

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and Dragonball Z were favourites as a kid. Spent much money on cards and games

But otherwise I have detested other anime/manga. I've known people who were obsessed with them, especially Naruto, but I just didn't see the appeal. So what are its strengths? (It my be the whole culture of it that turns me off. Adults cosplaying, etc)
I still have my Yu-Gi-Oh cards and play with my brother sometimes. I won't challenge you though, I know you were in an academy or something iirc

I'm one of those people, although not with Naruto. It's not easy to explain the appeal to someone who doesn't really see it; like many things, you either appreciate the genre as a whole or you don't, you either find it 'cool' or you don't. To me, it's just fun, you get some really great plots and you get really invested in the characters. They can also be quite meaningful and touching. Also to me anime/manga is a form of art like any other, although this is probably not a very popular view.

I know my explanation seems a bit weak, but sometimes it's hard to explain why we like something. There doesn't have to be any logical reasons sometimes for people to really enjoy/love something.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #233

Quote:
Also Sailor Moon.

BroTree, I've seen an episode of Initial D once. We have Animax here, I remember seeing it there, although I could be wrong, since it was years ago. I hear the manga is still going. Am I wrong?
Yes, but especially Boy Meets World I grew up with BMW and it taught me so much, absolutely brilliant series. I made my little brother watching the full series with me and he loved it too.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #234
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1-Not exactly a huge Dragon Ball fan (I prefer Pokemon and especially Digimon in this genre), but would maybe go with episode 101, The Fallen, where Goku and Tien Shinham finish their battle in the air.

2-I am a big fan

First season - Episode 16, My Enemy, My Friend, where Ray and Mariah play each other in the Asian tournament

V-Force - episode 90 (39 of the series), The Bit Beast Bond, with Tyson and Ozuma figthing it out in the amusement park, one of the best beybattles in the entire series and some awesome dialogue and introspect into Ozuma's mission.

G-Revolution - Episode 125 (23), Ray And Kai: The Ultimate Face-off..., where Kai and Ray have an epic beybattle in the World Championship, and episode 48, Beyblading Spirit, where Kai gets his revenge against Brooklin.

Overall, probably episode 90.

I don't like the new seasons, they just replaced the whole cast with dull characters and ridiculous plots For me, Beyblade will always be about Kai, Ray, Max, Kenny and even Tyson.
That was a nice battle in Dragonball But to me the best battle
I also agree that the new beyblade series is lame Dont you think that the best beybattle of the entire series is between Tyson and Kai in G Revolution . Both gave it their all and Kai missed out by half a rotation Dialogues also were stunning in that episode

Do you think like me that V Force was lamest of the 3 series ?
Also do you think Hiro (Tysons brother) was the strongest beyblader in the series ?
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #235
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wow you are into animes as well I find those too long and they drag the series . I heard Naruto is still going on as we speak
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #236
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:

-Captain Tsubasa
-Beyblade
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Saint Seiya
-Pokemon
-Mon Colle Knights
-Medabots
-Kochikame
-Doraemon
-Kiteretsu
-Saint Tail
-Sakura
-Voltron
-Sailor Moon
-Mega Man
-Inspector Fabre

Big fan of some of those series Do you think Transformers Armada was better than Transformers Cybertron ?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #237
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I still have my Yu-Gi-Oh cards and play with my brother sometimes. I won't challenge you though, I know you were in an academy or something iirc

I'm one of those people, although not with Naruto. It's not easy to explain the appeal to someone who doesn't really see it; like many things, you either appreciate the genre as a whole or you don't, you either find it 'cool' or you don't. To me, it's just fun, you get some really great plots and you get really invested in the characters. They can also be quite meaningful and touching. Also to me anime/manga is a form of art like any other, although this is probably not a very popular view.

I know my explanation seems a bit weak, but sometimes it's hard to explain why we like something. There doesn't have to be any logical reasons sometimes for people to really enjoy/love something.
I was ranked within the top 5 in Britain for a time (top 10 for a loooong time), won the Welsh regionals and qualified for the European Championships three or four times in a row, though I never went That's like the peak of my life achievements

As you can imagine, I met many people obsessed with anime and manga (I was very often left out in the cold while it was being discussed ). The format also puzzles me. I always heard complaints of dozens and dozens of 'filler' episodes, for example.

If you like something, you like it. Can't always explain why. And if you could rationalise it, it might not be so fun any more No problem.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
That was a nice battle in Dragonball But to me the best battle
I also agree that the new beyblade series is lame 1-Dont you think that the best beybattle of the entire series is between Tyson and Kai in G Revolution . Both gave it their all and Kai missed out by half a rotation Dialogues also were stunning in that episode

2-Do you think like me that V Force was lamest of the 3 series ?
3-Also do you think Hiro (Tysons brother) was the strongest beyblader in the series ?
The new series is beyond lame, a complete fail. It is all about trying to make as much money as possible with merchandising, it has nothing to do with the brilliant original series.

1-Objectively, it was probably the best battle and it had amazing dialogue, Kai's monologue was just awesome. However, it's a traumatic childhood memory for me, I really wanted Kai to win

2-Yes, V-Force was definitely the worst of the three series for many reasons: lame villains, Tyson being time and again the only one who could stand up to the other's team top blader, World Championships looking more like a regional tournament, random pointless characters like King and Queen (kind of tolerable) and Zeo being a robot (wtf), also the Saint Shields (who I liked a lot) being used as punching bags to show how strong King and Queen and Zeo were. The only arc I really enjoyed a lot was the cyber bit beasts one.

3-He did seem to be one of the strongest, but I have to go with Brooklyn, what he could do was insane and he didn't even practice

Quote:
Wow you are into animes as well I find those too long and they drag the series . I heard Naruto is still going on as we speak
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Big fan of some of those series Do you think Transformers Armada was better than Transformers Cybertron ?
Which of those series, any of the more obscure/unknown ones by any chance

They are about the same quality, I preferred Armada though yes, it's just a lighter and more entertaining series overall and better paced too imo.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
I was ranked within the top 5 in Britain for a time (top 10 for a loooong time), won the Welsh regionals and qualified for the European Championships three or four times in a row, though I never went That's like the peak of my life achievements

As you can imagine, I met many people obsessed with anime and manga (I was very often left out in the cold while it was being discussed ). The format also puzzles me. I always heard complaints of dozens and dozens of 'filler' episodes, for example.

If you like something, you like it. Can't always explain why. And if you could rationalise it, it might not be so fun any more No problem.
That's a higher peak than most will ever achieve. You should have gone to the European championships though But yeah, I guess it'd not be wise to challenge you if we ever meet

Ever met a (preferrably hot) girl obsessed with anime and manga ? If so, do you have her number, email or something ?

Nothing wrong with fillers imo, I prefer cool filler episodes to needlessly long and drawn out plot arcs to be honest. When fillers are well executed, they can be actually great and a very effective device for character development/insight. Even in TV series, not every episode advances the plot in a meaningful way, I see no problem with that, a fun/lighter filler episode is no problem at all.

Yup, if I could fully rationalize my 'obsession', it'd probably not be fun anymore
Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #240
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:
The new series is beyond lame, a complete fail. It is all about trying to make as much money as possible with merchandising, it has nothing to do with the brilliant original series.

1-Objectively, it was probably the best battle and it had amazing dialogue, Kai's monologue was just awesome. However, it's a traumatic childhood memory for me, I really wanted Kai to win
I wanted Tyson to win that match so was beyond happy when it was over

Quote:
2-Yes, V-Force was definitely the worst of the three series for many reasons: lame villains, Tyson being time and again the only one who could stand up to the other's team top blader, World Championships looking more like a regional tournament, random pointless characters like King and Queen (kind of tolerable) and Zeo being a robot (wtf), also the Saint Shields (who I liked a lot) being used as punching bags to show how strong King and Queen and Zeo were. The only arc I really enjoyed a lot was the cyber bit beasts one.
Agree with the Vforce joke . Did you prefer the original beyblade series or G revolutions ?

Quote:
3-He did seem to be one of the strongest, but I have to go with Brooklyn, what he could do was insane and he didn't even practice
Out of the regular ones was he the strongest ? I think he was stronger than Brooklyn since he could alter his gameplan mid battle and use the elements to his advantage no matter what the situation

Quote:

Which of those series, any of the more obscure/unknown ones by any chance

They are about the same quality, I preferred Armada though yes, it's just a lighter and more entertaining series overall and better paced too imo.
[/quote]

I think those series are pretty well known . Did you cry when watching transformers armada as a kid ?