Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #76
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
what's CBF?

Look my place is small, I got nowhere to put a big tree.

I know there are environmental arguments for and against fake trees, but I think it's a waste to cut down a tree that you'll use as a decoration for a month and then it's just thrown out. You can't even make anything with it like furniture.

If 1,000 people use the same fake tree for 10 years, that's 10,000 trees saved.
I 'can't be f___ed' telling you (there's your answer).

Fair enough.

I agree totally. Not to mention, as well as environmental issues, real trees can make a mess inside your home (ie. all the bits n' pieces of the tree falling off) which means more cleaning up later. Fake, plastic trees all the way IMO. Just connect the parts together, and your done. The worst part is putting all the lights on. Took me like an hour to untangle all those lights and then putting them properly on the tree. Even then, the lights distribution still looks uneven But after that, it's cruise control with the mistletoe, baubles, candy canes, star, etc.

So true That tree, has been there before I was even born I think. Given that I'm 20 now, it's at least that old. I'll post pics soon.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #77
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno which is worst, Christmas shopping or Birthday shopping.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #78
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudio Spanlatine View Post
I dunno which is worst, Christmas shopping or Birthday shopping.
Both. Then again my brother is probably the only person I've ever met that I could successfully buy a gift for that isn't some shitty DVD that requires zero thought. Anyone else I would just embarrass myself with my ineptitude. Fortunately my family has no qualms about me donating money for charities as their gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #79
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an atheist and I like christmas. I get what you mean though, the religious part of it annoys me, but it is overwhelmed by the "jolly" commercial part of it.

I'd like to expand on this subject a little though. In Holland pretty much all holidays are grounded in Christianity. As an aspiring multi-cultural country I find this highly irritating. It would be wiser to have holidays that have nothing to do with any religion, but everytime this is suggested Christians bring the "tradition"-excuse.

If it were up to me, religion had no say whatsoever in the public domain. That doesn't mean we can't all have a good time though
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #80
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
I dislike the commercial aspect of Christmas, but not as much as I dislike who get insecure because society at large celebrates holidays that their minority culture does not.
What the fuck is your problem? Whites are the majority, but do we still not give them the same rights? Then how the fuck is it different from Christmas and people who don't celebrate it. Tons of fucking people don't celebrate Christmas, so it's not like you guys are a huge majority. Who the fuck do you think you are to insult the minorities for being, well, the minorities?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #81
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
What the fuck is your problem? Whites are the majority, but do we still not give them the same rights? Then how the fuck is it different from Christmas and people who don't celebrate it. Tons of fucking people don't celebrate Christmas, so it's not like you guys are a huge majority. Who the fuck do you think you are to insult the minorities for being, well, the minorities?
I didn't insult minorities. I insulted insecure crybabies who feel left out when the majority celebrates a holiday they do not and proceed to embarrass themselves with pathetic cries of racism if said festivities are not hidden away behind closed doors.

Grow up!
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #82
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

What's next, 4th of July is offensive to non-american citizens?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #83
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

My partner is leaving tonight for a business trip and is coming back on boxing day.

So yes, Christmas this year has pissed me off huge time.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #84
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's next, 4th of July is offensive to non-american citizens?
No because 4th of July doesn't get rubbed in their faces like Christmas does

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #85
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Permabanned? Come on...
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #86
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Random question, but is anyone still arsed to make the Christmas Tree?
I don't associate killing trees with festivities, so no. I could have a plastic one but I don't, nor any other decorations as such ornaments never meant anything to me personally and noone else would see them.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #87
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I'm lucky that my family has no sentimental notions about "gift wrap" and "boxes" and that it has to be an actual item: they are happy to give cash as a present -- and I'm happy to get it

Sometimes I'm boggled by the presents some of my long-time friends give. Like, they've known me for over 10 years; how can they be so clueless? But I do appreciate the thought anyway.
Very practical. Imagine the benefits if everyone felt the same. Giving money means 1) You can get exactly what you like, and 2) You can buy it at lower January sale prices.

I had an arrangement with my sister the last times we were still exchanging presents, that we'd both buy something to ourselves, wrap it and exchange cards to put on them. The surprise would be what you gave, not what you got, which was - to me - an improvement.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #88
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I love Christmas but i'm a Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Random question, but is anyone still arsed to make the Christmas Tree?
I make the Christmas Tree every year and i buy a natural one because i think it's part of the spirit. I don't like the fake one even though you can keep it for many years and the house doesn't turn into a mess when you throw it out

HIST9RY
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #89
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dislike the commercial aspect of Christmas, but not as much as I dislike who get insecure because society at large celebrates holidays that their minority culture does not.
couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #90
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Well I love Christmas but i'm a Christian

I make the Christmas Tree every year and i buy a natural one because i think it's part of the spirit. I don't like the fake one even though you can keep it for many years and the house doesn't turn into a mess when you throw it out
save the trees