2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 75 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #1111
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

I wonder what people would sooner qualify as angry. Me just calmly stating facts that there was something fishy about the ACC or you ranting, telling people to shut up and using loads of smileys

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #1112
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Sapeod kicking clowns to the curb left and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #1113
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
I could say the same thing to you. Typical of you to not understand how he's a good poster. He's been around for ages and has a large fanbase, so to speak.
He has no redeeming qualities at all. Let's put this way: even you are a better poster than him, that says it all really.

Quote:
Another reason why you're such a bad poster. Whenever you try to be funny, you just fail, badly. Stick to hating on Ferrer and other hard worker. You're actually quite good at that.
Not everyone shares your gift for natural comedy unfortunately
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #1114
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel stirs it up Good job, son.

Where were you all the other days to light that fire in here.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #1115
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
ACC is also just an internet contest, you know? Okay, so let it go already, it's been 2 weeks. And it was your fault anyway.
I wasn't the one who brought up AJ's stuff in this thread, remember? It was you and your buddies attacking Groove. Stop being a hypocrite, you say I need to shut it about an internet contest and yet you continue to do the same thing.

It's MTF, of course it doesn't matter, but why not 'allow' people to talk about stuff like this when we decide to be here anyway. If we care enough to vote every damn round, we obviously care enough for it to be held in a correct fashion.

So complain all you want about Groove, but then also stop complaining when people are protesting a result you DO agree with.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #1116
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
I wonder what people would sooner qualify as angry. Me just calmly stating facts that there was something fishy about the ACC or you ranting, telling people to shut up and using loads of smileys
Fine, you're not angry. You're just being a whiny little crybaby, as usual. Better?

You've continued to complain about something that happened weeks ago. You do see why people continue to call you out, right? There was nothing fishy about it. You said yourself that you would definitely not vote in the final. What do you do? You vote in the final and go against your word Of course your vote wasn't counted, you withdrew and said you wouldn't vote, you fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He has no redeeming qualities at all. Let's put this way: even you are a better poster than him, that says it all really.
Am I supposed to take your opinion seriously? At all? What a joke. You've been here for almost 2 years less than me and you know more about Mikey than I do, right? Pfff, he's been around for ages and lots of posters like him. One of the reasons he won this title, just so you know. Your opinion is invalid here, as usual.
Quote:
Not everyone shares your gift for natural comedy unfortunately
I'l take that as a compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Daniel stirs it up Good job, son.

Where were you all the other days to light that fire in here.
Thank you. I've been told a few times I'm good at that.

I'm not usually very active around this time, that's probably why.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 466-146...
TITLES: 29 and counting...

Last edited by Sapeod : 12-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Sapeod is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #1117
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is finally getting interesting.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #1118
country flag GSMnadal

Quote:
Fine, you're not angry. You're just being a whiny little crybaby, as usual. Better?

You've continued to complain about something that happened weeks ago. You do see why people continue to call you out, right? There was nothing fishy about it. You said yourself that you would definitely not vote in the final. What do you do? You vote in the final and go against your word Of course your vote wasn't counted, you withdrew and said you wouldn't vote, you fool
As I said, the subject came up in this thread. I reacted, no big deal.

And, well you can classify my acts as clownish, sure. But it obviously was within the rules.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #1119
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

This event that just happened (Sapeod storming in and everyone getting at him) shows why he should have been at least QF in this contest. Maybe it will happen next year, our golden boy has many years ahead of him to reach PopCon final.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #1120
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

tbh, both ACC and popcon decisions were wrong, and the fact these are ONLY internet contests should add fair play and good will to it, not the way around

it's not like someone gets real money or a better job for their children for fixing a result, like in real life (which at least has some understandable motivation)

that's just my opinion as a person who actually ran many of these contests and i'm as big buddy of DM as Nole Fan, i didn't vote in that match because i couldn't choose, actually. it's just a matter of fair play and treating each other seriously, or not.

and at the top of all, i wonder why johnny tries making it look "funny" instead of at least apologising in here so DM and the others could just move on

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #1121
country flag GSMnadal

^^

Hmm.. think it shows why he deserves an ACC crown as well. Popular sure, but not necessarily in a good way

Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #1122
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
tbh, both ACC and popcon decisions were wrong, and the fact these are ONLY internet contests should add fair play and good will to it, not the way around

it's not like someone gets real money or a better job for their children for fixing a result, like in real life (which at least has some understandable motivation)

that's just my opinion as a person who actually ran many of these contests and i'm as big buddy of DM as Nole Fan, i didn't vote in that match because i couldn't choose, actually. it's just a matter of fair play and treating each other seriously, or not.

and at the top of all, i wonder why johnny tries making it look "funny" instead of at least apologising in here so DM and the others could just move on
Queen Nathaliia has spoken. Your absence from this PopCon adds an automatic asterisk to whoever wins it.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #1123
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Sapeod is just the GOAT poster of MTF

btw who is this Mark Lenders idiot ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Groove being here laughing it off, I don't see how that's helpful.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #1124
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
I wasn't the one who brought up AJ's stuff in this thread, remember? It was you and your buddies attacking Groove. Stop being a hypocrite, you say I need to shut it about an internet contest and yet you continue to do the same thing.

It's MTF, of course it doesn't matter, but why not 'allow' people to talk about stuff like this when we decide to be here anyway. If we care enough to vote every damn round, we obviously care enough for it to be held in a correct fashion.

So complain all you want about Groove, but then also stop complaining when people are protesting a result you DO agree with.
No, actually it's you being a hypocrite. When Groove makes a mistake which doesn't affect you it's not a problem, it's only an internet contest. When AJ makes a mistake (actually he doesn't, but you tend to believe it was, so..) then it's worth attacking the guy and mentioning it even 2 weeks after it happened.
I'm not attacking Groove, I already said I'm cool with losing on a tie, though I would've obviously preferred for it to have happened regularly - losing by having less votes than my opponent. I just find it funny that people like you that were so loud about AJ being wrong are now so quiet. I repeat, both are internet contests, so you can't mention PopCon being an internet contest as an argument here.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #1125
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Am I supposed to take your opinion seriously? At all? What a joke. You've been here for almost 2 years less than me and you know more about Mikey than I do, right? Pfff, he's been around for ages and lots of posters like him. One of the reasons he won this title, just so you know. Your opinion is invalid here, as usual.

I'l take that as a compliment.
This does not constitute a redeeming quality.

And it is a compliment of course; you came into this thread and managed to hook like everyone, that takes talent too, although not necessarily a commendable one
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote