1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #676
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I knew that Thai is mentally weak, but never knew that he had temper issues. Good to see him working with sports psychologist. Interesting pre-match routine

Quote:
Once saddled with temper issues that got him suspended from participating in the United States Tennis Association program, a more composed Thai-Son Kwiatkowski has figured out how to channel his emotions into victories on the tennis court.

Crediting renowned sports psychologist Jim Loehr, as well as his father, Tim, and USTA coaches, Kwiatkowski has come up with a pre-match motivational routine that includes listening to house music to get his feet moving and an inspirational speech from cinematic legend Rocky Balboa (VI) in which the down-and-out fighter rips into his son for blaming others for his failures.

The fiery talk starts with a washed-up Rocky saying: "You got to be willing to take the hits and not point fingers saying you ain't what you want to be because of him or her or anybody.''

"Cowards do that and that ain't you, you're better than that!'' finshed Kwiatkowski, 17. "I find a quiet place, center my mind and don't think about the tournament, and not that I'm the last American standing. This is where I want to be, having fun and to show why I'm here.''

So instead of tossing rackets and f-bombs, Kwiatkowski is firing bombs and forehands past opponents. And Wednesday afternoon at the Orange Bowl International Tennis Championship was no different as the 6-foot-3 ninth seed from Charlotte, N.C., crushed Young Seok Kim of Korea, 6-1, 6-1 to advance into the Boys' 18s round of 16 against last week's Eddie Herr champion, No. 6 Christian Garin of Chile.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/t...,3852765.story

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #677
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I knew that Thai is mentally weak, but never knew that he had temper issues. Good to see him working with sports psychologist. Interesting pre-match routine
I think Williams needs to see this sports psychologist. Thai and Rhyne are so much alike in terms of personality.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #678
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thai lost 4&4

Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #679
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks Thai, I think I might borrow this line

Quote:
Thai-Son Kwiatkowski ‏@thaikwiatkowski

I banked on the world ending and didn't buy anyone any gifts for Christmas....

Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #680
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214032

Good luck to everybody @ Abierto Juvenil Mexicano

Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #681
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Martin Redlicki joined Francis in the QF. Unfortunately Luca lost.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #682
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Does anyone know what is going on with Spencer? He has been pulling out of tournaments left and right.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #683
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Martin Redlicki lost in 3 tight sets: 36 64 57

Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #684
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused, according to the tournament website he won
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #685
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

dunno, got the info from this tweet

Quote:
maria fernanda m ‏@marifermora90

El belga Clement Geens accedió a semis del #abiertojuvenilmexicano tras vencer a Martin Redlicki (USA) por 6-3 4-6 y 7-5

Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #686
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

They changed the score on the website, so no more Americans left.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #687
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Somebody's excited. Normally, I don't care who wins the team chmps. But I'll be rooting for Virginia to win that elusive title next year.

Quote:
Thai-Son Kwiatkowski ‏@thaikwiatkowski

New license plate for the car. #hoos pic.twitter.com/KRpZiok8

Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #688
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Noah will not be defending his title at Copa del Cafe. Get better soon

Quote:
Noah Rubin ‏@Noahrubin33

Spent my saturday in the hospital.....
Quote:
Noah Rubin ‏@Noahrubin33

THANK GD I DIDNT BREAK MY ARM JUST A STRAIN

Old 12-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #689
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Copa Del Cafe 2013 | Costa Rica | G1 | 31 December - 06 January 2013

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214227

Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #690
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default 1st ranking of 2013

Good luck to the '94 players in their post-junior career! Hoping for a good 2013 season for the rest of our juniors