The Federer Decline Thread - Page 89 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Pete?

No. I think Federer's decline is a fact and he's not winning any major in the future. 38 17.35%
I kinda agree... He's in a great moment, but the other 2 guys are too good. No more slams for Feddy 45 20.55%
I totally agree. Fed's still playing great tennis and he'll probably win another major 104 47.49%
Hello. I'm Rod Laver and my records are intact. Suck it losers. 32 14.61%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #1321
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Is he done)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
He claims Djokovic was never injured last year and is very lucky (even after beating the top 3 players in 2007 Montreal, and then winning 5 Slams).
Nalbandian beat Djoko, Nadal and Fed in 2007 Madrid which was even more impressive

and the 2 others he beat that week - Del Potro, Berdych
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #1322
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
OMG Duong!! That's exactly what happened to me! I could have written that paragraph! I stopped watching tennis both for personal reasons and because I couldn't endure another serve fest between Ivanisevic and Sampras! I also saw Roger for the first time in Houston in 2003 and I also fell in love with his game. He brought me back to tennis, too.

The other day I met a friend whom I hadn't seen in ages and she asked me: "Do you still watch tennis? Are you still a Federer fan?" I answered: "Wow. Is it that long since we last saw each other?"

How I stopped being a Roger fan is another story... But I'll always love his game. Always. And I will be very sad when he retires.
well it's funny ... but anyway I guess this story, the servefests, and so on, even the 80s (and the very beginning of the 90s) for some, happened to quite many people even though Houston 2003 is not always the starting point

And I do think that the future of tennis is also worrying ... and I'm sure the ATP thinks about it, seems like they want Nadal, Djokovic and Murray to last as long as they can, if not Federer himself.

PS : actually one of the big reasons why my attachment to Fed didn't decline and even grew a lot with time actually is that I felt ageing (and declining ) myself in the meantime and had sympathy for that ageing process. Also something which may have happened to other people imo as it seems that Olderer attracted some sympathies You will see, I'm sure older Djokovic will attract some sympathies , especially if he has to fight with young big guys, less if he dominates too easily as Lendl did for a while. His popularity looks promising imo.

Last edited by duong : 12-07-2012 at 04:10 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #1323
country flag lovevolleyer
Banned!

lovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
OMG Duong!! That's exactly what happened to me! I could have written that paragraph! I stopped watching tennis both for personal reasons and because I couldn't endure another serve fest between Ivanisevic and Sampras! I also saw Roger for the first time in Houston in 2003 and I also fell in love with his game. He brought me back to tennis, too.

The other day I met a friend whom I hadn't seen in ages and she asked me: "Do you still watch tennis? Are you still a Federer fan?" I answered: "Wow. Is it that long since we last saw each other?"

How I stopped being a Roger fan is another story... But I'll always love his game. Always. And I will be very sad when he retires.
Funny because in that tournament also was where I first saw Federer play, against my then favorite Agassi, and I started following more and more of his matches.
lovevolleyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #1324
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that realistically, roger will never drop out of the top 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #1325
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
deluded much?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #1326
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
deluded much?
who will knock him out??

cilic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #1327
country flag lovevolleyer
Banned!

lovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond repute

wishful thinking, more like
lovevolleyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #1328
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we should look forward to see the Greatest Old Aged Pensioner of All Time whilst Murray, Djoker and Nadal are all playing in the legends tour then...

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #1329
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

All good things must eventually end but Federer has maybe five more years as at least a top eight player. At year end 2013 he will be in the top three.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #1330
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
cilic?
just make fun of this guy. you obviously still haven't met his greatness
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #1331
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Erm? So the GOAT will play as a GOAPOAT ?
A what now?

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #1332
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
realistically of course
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #1333
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
A what now?
GOAPOAT is of course Greatest Of All People Of All Time
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #1334
country flag samo7266

samo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond reputesamo7266 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he has at least 2 more slams left for his career and is the clear #2 at the moment. I think he'll play the slams at an elite level for another 2 years.
samo7266 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #1335
country flag RinkaWaw

RinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond reputeRinkaWaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Federer: Like A Fine Wine, Better With Age. Buy Or Sell?

Its safe to say that Roger has aged well, both polished in his behavior and looking fitter than ever. But its his tennis ability which is catching people by surprise as he ages. His tennis is simply reaching levels people thought were unfathomable. Some call it Federer 3.0. Others say everything old is new again. Regardless of what you call it, Roger is on another plateau. The next level is here.

His improvements over the last few years have been incredible. So much so that he's putting the much younger players in Novak and Murray in their places, again. His shots are so precise and devastating that the ball hits flush and on the line just about every time. He doesn't need muscle or power to hit the balls, he connects cleanly almost effortlessly. Do you think with age Roger has improved significantly?

Federer has evolved. Not only is his offensive play light years ahead of the rest of the field, but his defensive play over the last year has surely made great viewing for Nadal while he's been out injured. You best believe Roger is packing some serious heat too, kid. Federer flips a switch in his head, and goes in to bullet-time. With matrix type capabilities. There's not a player on tour who can compete with that, and Murray and his poor mother gazing on in desperation are going to find out the hard way when Federer pops open the cork and let's loose.
RinkaWaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote