Football Zone - Page 234 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #3496
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Love how when Chelsea finally put in a good performance, it's completely irrelevant.

Just sums them up.
sometimes it's relevant to get the right scores with BAD performances. And that's what they unfortunately did in last May.

favourites in other sports: Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille and Tiago Camilo

A link to positive and encouraging music: K-Love My blog in German
Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #3497
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

When Roman gets bored with Chelski and leave, it'll take them another 50 years to win the the league title.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #3498
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

A very good achievement by Celtic to come second in a difficult group and reach the knockout stages. Nice for the Scottish UEFA coefficient as well. This is the 3rd time in 7 years that Celtic have beaten Benfica to 2nd place in a Champions League group, as they also did it in 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 as well.

Funny to see to Chelsea becoming the first defending champions to fail to reach the knockout stages since the group stage was introduced in 1992/1993. Still much better to win the tournament one year and crash out early the next, than to go close but narrowly miss out on the title 2 or more years in a row.

Hopefully Valencia get as generous a draw as possible in the next round. The only time that a La Liga team outside the twin forces of evil reached the last 8 of this competition in the last 5 seasons was Villarreal in 2008/2009.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #3499
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
This is the 3rd time in 7 years that Celtic have beaten Benfica to 2nd place in a Champions League group, as they also did it in 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 as well.
amazing stat

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #3500
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
sometimes it's relevant to get the right scores with BAD performances. And that's what they unfortunately did in last May.
Wouldn't say they were bad performances, sure they were dominated by Barca and Bayern but their catenaccio was done to complete perfection against two technically superior sides (with a bit of luck from the missed Messi and Robben penalty kicks) and it won them the cup the same way Liverpool did.

Gotta say both competitions have a tasty 2nd round line up especially with RM the second placed wildcard. I hope Celtic or Dortmund go all the way- Celtic cause of the fans and Dortmund for the club, fans and the dynamic brand of footy. Basically though anyone not RM, Barca, Mancs or Bayern for the novelty effect.

Europa looks good too- Chelsea, Atletico, Ajax, Inter, Lyon, Lazio, Tottenham, Zenit, Anzhi, Leverkusen, Fenerbahce and Monchengladbach- plenty of European history and pedigree amongst those clubs. It'll be fun.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #3501
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad that Leo's injury doesn't seem serious.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #3502
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
even better then

i dedicate a Scottish win over Portugal to Machado & Gil aka the villas Boas fanboy and PedroMarquez
Thank you. But it's Benfica, I don't really care about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Wouldn't say they were bad performances, sure they were dominated by Barca and Bayern but their catenaccio was done to complete perfection against two technically superior sides (with a bit of luck from the missed Messi and Robben penalty kicks) and it won them the cup the same way Liverpool did.

Gotta say both competitions have a tasty 2nd round line up especially with RM the second placed wildcard. I hope Celtic or Dortmund go all the way- Celtic cause of the fans and Dortmund for the club, fans and the dynamic brand of footy. Basically though anyone not RM, Barca, Mancs or Bayern for the novelty effect.

Europa looks good too- Chelsea, Atletico, Ajax, Inter, Lyon, Lazio, Tottenham, Zenit, Anzhi, Leverkusen, Fenerbahce and Monchengladbach- plenty of European history and pedigree amongst those clubs. It'll be fun.
Europa league does look good but most of those teams will see it more like a burden. I don't really like to give them credit but you're talking about European history and Benfica probably has more then all those clubs you just mentioned.
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #3503
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Justice done, Chelsea eliminated. Two years in a row that England has lost two teams in group stages.

Would've preferred to see Benfica and Cluj go through over Celtic and Galatasary but in the end they are all irrelevant.

Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Real Madrid and Juve are the 5 teams capable of winning it in my opinion. Maybe Man U or PSG with a ton of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #3504
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
Justice done, Chelsea eliminated. Two years in a row that England has lost two teams in group stages.

Would've preferred to see Benfica and Cluj go through over Celtic and Galatasary but in the end they are all irrelevant.

Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Real Madrid and Juve are the 5 teams capable of winning it in my opinion. Maybe Man U or PSG with a ton of luck.
Can't be bothered to dig out the quotation from about thirty pages back, but selyoink, I definitely recall you predicting Shakhtar and Juventus would go through, and I think you made it after Matchday one. Kudos. You were absolutely right.

I agree about your top five. Can't see PSG winning it, even with a ton of luck, the Mancs could, given the experience a lot of the squad has of winning trophies, but the five you mentioned first are the main contenders.

Hoping Dortmund or Juve win, just for something different to what we've been exposed to in the last few years.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #3505
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe away goals trump goal difference. Complete joke.

Anywho, bring on the Europa League. Back-to-back Euro titles coming up.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #3506
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Would Juve finally not choke in the European Cup after going in to the 97, 98 and 03 finals as favourites. They've got a great side in a similar mould to Dortmund and topping the group will have made life a bit easier for them.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #3507
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMarquess View Post
Europa league does look good but most of those teams will see it more like a burden. I don't really like to give them credit but you're talking about European history and Benfica probably has more then all those clubs you just mentioned.
I forgot them but yeah they're definitely one of the clubs with pedigree in that competition. Should have won tonight but couldn't finish.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #3508
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Can't believe away goals trump goal difference. Complete joke.
Both are faulty to be honest. Goal difference favors the side playing the weak team in the group on the last match day giving them a chance to just hammer the team as Chelsea did today. Plus presumably Shakhtar would've played with a different urgency today had their qualification not been assurred.

Quote:
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #3509
country flag selyoink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Can't be bothered to dig out the quotation from about thirty pages back, but selyoink, I definitely recall you predicting Shakhtar and Juventus would go through, and I think you made it after Matchday one. Kudos. You were absolutely right.
I also remember this, I think I said don't be surprised to see them go through over Chelsea. Shakhtar were always going to be underrated just because they play in Ukraine.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #3510
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Would Juve finally not choke in the European Cup after going in to the 97, 98 and 03 finals as favourites. They've got a great side in a similar mould to Dortmund and topping the group will have made life a bit easier for them.
2003 final was a joke. Dida was saving penalties 3 meters away from the goal. And with Nedved available it would have been a walk in the park.

In 98' Madrid won because of a goal in off-side (it was a bad match anyway).

97' was a bad choke. Juve played horrible that final. I don't know why but Del Piero didn't start that match. He came in with Juve losing and scored but it was already too late.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread