Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #106
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

Rafter is right and it's obivous that Tomic isn't simply getting the message about his game. He even said after his 1st round match, he really should be more aggressive especially with the backhand and try harder on court. yeah, lulz.

He did the same thing against Cilic last year and it didn't get as much publicity as this (although I guess everybody was still happy with the Wimby performance)

He is playing DC though.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #107
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

Tomic will get the message about his game.

Besides it's Tomic and his teams problem, they will figure things out in time or get the results they've been getting.
There's no advice that works better.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #108
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Tomug needs to learn life lessons, perhaps a year spent crocodile wrestling with bare hands near Darwin would do him good for example.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #109
country flag Zelyony

Zelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond reputeZelyony has a reputation beyond repute

Be a better person, Tomic.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #110
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/t...205-2avsq.html

Quote:
Tomic dropped from Davis Cup tie after slack attitude
Dec 6 2012

BERNARD TOMIC has been suspended from Australia's opening Davis Cup tie in Taiwan next season as the estrangement between the country's most talented young player and the tennis establishment spills over into what, for Tomic, threatens not to be such a happy new year.
It is believed Tennis Australia will also cut Tomic's support funding for the start of next year, amid growing exasperation over the 20-year-old's effort, attitude and commitment, if not his wayward off-court behaviour.

It continues the statement made by Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter by not selecting Australia's new No.1, Marinko Matosevic, for the previous tie for disciplinary reasons.
''Pat has made the decision early that for the first tie next year Bernard will not be selected,'' TA's director of tennis, Craig Tiley, confirmed. ''As a team, we just felt that part of the commitment that we make to athletes and athletes make to the sport is they always put 100 per cent commitment and effort in competing for their country …

''I think you can draw a few parallels with Marinko. It's very much along those lines. It's not one specific incident, just an aggregation of his approach to the game … We just felt that this decision should provide additional motivation every time he walks on the court to be a total professional in his approach to not only his preparation but competing in the match and post-match.

''And it would be no different if he was the No.1 player in Australia, or the No.100 player, or a junior.''

Tomic was Australia's top-ranked man until late October and a much-heralded Wimbledon quarter-finalist last year. From being world No.27 in June, he has slipped to 52. At the US Open, Tomic was accused of tanking in a third set against Andy Roddick in an effort Rafter branded ''disgraceful''.

Tiley refused to comment on the financial ramifications of the suspension, but the precedent was set by Matosevic, whose substandard effort in the dead rubber against South Korea in April cost him a place in the doomed world group play-off against Germany in September, and an estimated $100,000 in travel grants and coaching support.

In Matosevic's absence, Tomic's attitude was questioned during a difficult week for the team that failed to win either of the final-day matches that would have delivered an overdue return to the world group. But Tomic told Fairfax Media in October that, although he and Rafter had words in Hamburg, there was no rift. ''Me and Pat have been [getting along] really well … we haven't had any issues, and he said what he needed to say,'' Tomic said.

News of the suspension was applauded by several past players. ''He's 20, he's a kid compared to a lot of the guys that are out there and, like us all, you've got to learn some lessons the hard way, and hopefully he does because he's a good guy and he's the sort of bloke you want to see do well,'' Jason Stoltenberg, formerly a top-20 singles player and coach of Lleyton Hewitt.

''Hopefully he trusts that there are some people in his corner that have experience and knowledge who want the best for him, like Pat … Sometimes some tough love … is not a bad thing. I definitely support Pat … I think he's been doing a pretty good job.''

World No.9 Sam Stosur also labelled Tomic's recent behaviour as ''disappointing''. ''He's young but he seems to be making a lot of poor decisions at the moment,'' Stosur told Melbourne radio. ''I hope for his sake he grows up pretty quick.''
niff is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #111
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

good news for Tomic not to have to play in Taiwan after the Australian open.

And as for money I guess he depends much more on sponsors than on the federation's help.

I think all that is not important (except that the Australian federation and old stars think they have too much influence ) : Tomic has many more important concerns at the moment than this "suspension".

Maybe going away from Australia and practising and living elsewhere would be the best for him (including probably that it would cut him from some local "pleasure temptations").

As for Australian Federation staff, if their two best players at the moment (the first one having just had his best year and reached top-50) are considered as "unprofessional" and then are not selected in Davis cup, that's their problem for their Davis cup team. They'd better wish Hewitt will be fit and Lu Yen Hsun will not take part in Taiwan, fortunately for them I think Lu has not taken part in previous DC ties, that's also probably a reason why the Australian staff takes such decisions.

Last edited by duong : 12-05-2012 at 02:05 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #112
country flag Juz78

Juz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally some repercussions Tomic might actually sit up and take notice of. Not just a little slap on the wrist for driving like a twat. If this doesn't wake him up, he could be lost forever.
Juz78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #113
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Maybe going away from Australia and practising and living elsewhere would be the best for him (including probably that it would cut him from some local "pleasure temptations").
Even if he moves to Antarctica but doesn't improve his attitude, his results would remain sucking.

Dokic moved back to (Serbia?Croatia?) and she actually got worse.

Tomic has attitude problem and obviously his father does not raise him well.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #114
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Matosevic's fault would be losing a set in a dead rubber (winning the third 6-0)?
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #115
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Australia should changed the DC captain. The sooner the better.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #116
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Temptations are everywhere, unless they send him on some isolated mountain Still it's weird that he doesn't push himself harder, never mind the others, is he really satisfied being out of top 50 and Australia's 3rd best player?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #117
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, this Tomic drama is too old and too boring already. Same old song.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #118
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic doesn't need financial support.I mean this punk is wasting $ on a Ferrari so TA is right to take drastic measures with him and I applaud them

Insolites > Une Ferrari pour Tomic

lundi 03 décembre 2012 à 09:46

http://www.welovetennis.fr/insolites...ari-pour-tomic

Christie, Perry, Walker, all corrupted politicians. No wonder conservatives project so much on Obama.

Weird. The "partisan witch hunt" against Rick Perry is being led by Republican-appointees.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...complete.html/
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #119
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic the tank engine "i'll remember YA"

what a flash Harry he is

does he still have the same burd, that blonde thing
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #120
country flag r2473

r2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if he will try to get citizenship in a different country (or if that would be possible).

And I'm sure he give f*ck-all for Davis Cup (like everyone else).
r2473 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote