Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 324 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #4846
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I am making a movie in my mind with all this info about what's happening in HK. I even have an apartment pictured. Please tell me there is a lot of glass and windows...
No! There are windows but mostly are covered by draperies. As I said, otherwise your neighbours will see everything And honestly, nothing to see outside the windows unless you live in the very expensive ones on water front. Outside my window, I see the parking lot underneath and the street. And some shops on the other side of the street. Also, it's scary plus not practical with huge windows because of typhoon here.
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #4847
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
It's not a diet I don't need to lose weigh. But it comes naturally with exam period, I always lose atleast 3kgs.
Oh, my apologies. So what causes you to lose weight naturally?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #4848
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
No! There are windows but mostly are covered by draperies. As I said, otherwise your neighbours will see everything And honestly, nothing to see outside the windows unless you live in the very expensive ones on water front. Outside my window, I see the parking lot underneath and the street. And some shops on the other side of the street. Also, it's scary plus not practical with huge windows because of typhoon here.
Could we get a photowhen it's day and everyone is awake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Oh, my apologies. So what causes you to lose weight naturally?
I stop eating because I lose appetite because I am nervous and I start lacking time to eat.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #4849
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do they do when they stop being young? They change jobs?
Go home when they saved enough money. Low pay for a domestic servant but it's much more compare to their home. Employers must provide accomodation/food and they only have Sunday off. Hardly has any chance to spend the money they earned.

In the beginning, most of the filippinos were registered nurse in their country but the paid is better than being a nurse at home. Most even left their children and husband to work here.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #4850
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I stop eating because I lose appetite because I am nervous and I start lacking time to eat.
Exams are never nice, but I don't know what they're like at university. I imagine a lot more intense.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #4851
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Go home when they saved enough money. Low pay for a domestic servant but it's much more compare to their home. Employers must provide accomodation/food and they only have Sunday off. Hardly has any chance to spend the money they earned.

In the beginning, most of the filippinos were registered nurse in their country but the paid is better than being a nurse at home. Most even left their children and husband to work here.
It takes courage and motivation. I big hug for all the women in similar circumstances.

WillI get my photo later?

Quote:
Exams are never nice, but I don't know what they're like at university. I imagine a lot more intense.
It's incomparable. In high school you feel pressure because how well you do will influence the what you will end up studying in uni, which will literally shape your life. Once you're in, you're in, but exams are 3643645times harder, the material for each exam is bigger than the material for all the subjects during one year of high school and all the exams are packed up in the same week.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #4852
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Could we get a photowhen it's day and everyone is awake?
I took some photos thru the window but I can't upload them until I'm home And my ipad is the first gen with no camera
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #4853
country flag arm

I can wait aslong as you promise to show us later
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #4854
country flag The Prince

Quote:
It takes courage and It's incomparable. In high school you feel pressure because how well you do will influence the what you will end up studying in uni, which will literally shape your life. Once you're in, you're in, but exams are 3643645times harder, the material for each exam is bigger than the material for all the subjects during one year of high school and all the exams are packed up in the same week.
I feared as much. I'd better enjoy the last 18 months of being in school, then. Things won't be the same afterwards, that's for sure.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #4855
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

At first it bothered me in law school to have only one exam for the whole course because of the pressure, but then I started to like it because it was only one exam.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #4856
country flag arm

Quote:
I feared as much. I'd better enjoy the last 18 months of being in school, then. Things won't be the same afterwards, that's for sure.
That's for me, at least. Depends on which course you're taking, on theFaculty, even on the country.

Either way, life changes a lot, but it's a good change inmany ways. It's mostly an awesome change.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #4857
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
At first it bothered me in law school to have only one exam for the whole course because of the pressure, but then I started to like it because it was only one exam.
I only have TWOmore exam periods with exams all packed up. January and June. After that, it's only going to be ONE exam at a time. I can't wait!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #4858
country flag The Prince

Quote:
That's for me, at least. Depends on which course you're taking, on theFaculty, even on the country.

Either way, life changes a lot, but it's a good change inmany ways. It's mostly an awesome change.
I certainly don't want to pick an easy option just for the sake of having a good time. I would view that as a waste of my work in the last few years. Still, I have no idea what I want to do, but hopefully one of these days, a lightbulb will spark into life inside of my head, and I'll know exactly what I want for myself.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #4859
country flag arm

star,how did Inot start this thread before? http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213680

Quote:
I certainly don't want to pick an easy option just for the sake of having a good time. I would view that as a waste of my work in the last few years. Still, I have no idea what I want to do, but hopefully one of these days, a lightbulb will spark into life inside of my head, and I'll know exactly what I want for myself.
trust me, it's really cool to think like that, and it's impressive, I have the same thoughts when I was your age. But right now I really wish i had chosen an easier path. But I am a special case, andthis as lot to do with this whole crisis and how the government is messing with my future as a doctor in this country after I spent 6 freakin years studying harder than 95% of the people in this country ever have or ever will.

Make me shut up.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #4860
country flag The Prince

Quote:
trust me, it's really cool to think like that, and it's impressive, I have the same thoughts when I was your age. But right now I really wish i had chosen an easier path. But I am a special case, andthis as lot to do with this whole crisis and how the government is messing with my future as a doctor in this country after I spent 6 freakin years studying harder than 95% of the people in this country ever have or ever will.
Well, I don't want to think to myself in a few years' time, 'why didn't I try harder at school, and do a better degree at a better university.' Yes, it might be tough, but it's the destination that matters. And your case is different, as you point out. There's uncertainty surrounding doctors, so maybe it makes studying medicine a little less appealing in hindsight? I know generally what I want to do, but not specifically. None of it will be easy, but what's the point in not testing oneself?

Quote:
Make me shut up.
Why would I ever want to do that?
Closed Thread