Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 2 (!!) Billion views! - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this song?

I love it! The song, dance and the video are all awesome 39 41.94%
I only like the lyrics 3 3.23%
It's okay, but I don't understand the fuss about it 23 24.73%
What the.. I don't even.. Huh? 12 12.90%
It's awful and I hate it! 10 10.75%
Other 6 6.45%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #211
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

This is good...

The floor is yours, George.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Only PSY can pull it off. This is pretty laughable
Is that chick even Korean? If it were a Mandarin rap and some non-Chinese person were rapping it I'd be facepalming all over the place.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #212
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You said the following: "It's Glee, some of the most artificial television ever created." This obviously has a pejorative tone.
You took fifteen minutes, and that was the best you could come up with? Yes, it has a negative tone, but towards Glee. I thought that was the basis of this debate?

Quote:
So you think. Did you dare consider the possibility other people may disagree with you? Clearly a lot of people do. So why should your opinion be the one that stands?
Don't give me that 'my opinion matters just as much as yours' nonsense. If someone says to me Djokovic is a terrible tennis player, does their opinion on the matter have as much bearing as my own? No. Same applies here. It doesn't take a wise man to realise that this is some of the most superficial, silly and downright stupid television to have graced our screens.

Quote:
In my opinion, acting isn't awful. Some actors are better than others, some are actually pretty great while others are borderline terrible. I have a similar opinion about the covers.
Go and watch some proper television, with proper actors and actresses who act properly. Then come back and tell me that the acting isn't awful.

Quote:
So a show is successful but it's unworthy of it? How does that even happen?
So do you think Justin Bieber is worthy of having that huge success? Once again, the same applies here.

Quote:
Why should anyone decide what people should or shouldn't watch/listen to/read?
It's a matter of help and education. It's why we have critics, advisors. They recommend the best books, films and TV. Oh, I can assure you that Glee doesn't feature on their list.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #213
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with George here, Glee is generally a horrendous show and their song covers
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #214
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I have to agree with George here, Glee is generally a horrendous show and their song covers
It's worse than horrendous, and that isn't even hyperbole.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #215
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

People, please, keep your fights out of the PSY worshiping threads. Especially fights about something as meaningless as Glee.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #216
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry I posted it.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #217
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing that's saving that show is Lea Michele
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #218
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I'm sorry I posted it.
You're forgiven.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #219
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
You took fifteen minutes, and that was the best you could come up with? Yes, it has a negative tone, but towards Glee. I thought that was the basis of this debate?
Calm down, young boy. I did not take 15 minutes to write that. I wasn't refreshing this page waiting for your reply. And this not a competition, it's hardly a debate.

Quote:
Don't give me that 'my opinion matters just as much as yours' nonsense. If someone says to me Djokovic is a terrible tennis player, does their opinion on the matter have as much bearing as my own? No. Same applies here.
Terrible analogy. There is evidence that Nole is NOT a "terrible player" after all that he has achieved. Saying that Nole is NOT terrible is a pretty objective assessment. Now not being terrible doesn't necessarily mean he is great and awesome... Some people don't think he is that great and I disagree, but it's their opinion.

Now tell me about Glee. What evidence do you have that it is such a terrible show? Give me a thousand reasons,and I bet 90% of them are relative.

Quote:
It doesn't take a wise man to realise that this is some of the most superficial, silly and downright stupid television to have graced our screens.
Superficial? I have the same opinion. Silly? I agree too! Stupid? I probably agree too.And guess what, I still like it most of the times. I must be an alien with terrible taste.

Quote:

Go and watch some proper television, with proper actors and actresses who act properly. Then come back and tell me that the acting isn't awful.
Having such a limited view on things is not good. Obviously I don't like Glee for the same reasons I like game of Thrones. And I still like both shows. Maybe one day you will come to the conclusions that it is possible to like opposite things for different reasons.

Quote:
So do you think Justin Bieber is worthy of having that huge success? Once again, the same applies here.
He sure is. He has a crowd target that admires him immensely, I fail to understand what is wrong about being a kid or a teenager...

Quote:
It's a matter of help and education. It's why we have critics, advisors. They recommend the best books, films and TV. Oh, I can assure you that Glee doesn't feature on their list.
Obviously you had come up with that argument. Let's all base our opinion on what critics say. Great idea!

And just so you know, that isn't necessarily right. Glee has 78% on metacritic, which is not abad score at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
That is your opinion and you're allowed to it.And there is nothing wrong in the way you shared it.

But you don't get to decide what'sgood or bad, what people should or shouldn't listen to and you most certainly do not get to say whether a show or anyone is worthy of the success they legally and fairly got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
People, please, keep your fights out of the PSY worshiping threads. Especially fights about something as meaningless as Glee.
So sorry. I won't mention it again.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #220
♤23♤

Quote:
So sorry. I won't mention it again.
Oh okay, I forgive you too.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #221
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're forgiven.
I hope I am forgiven too.

Also, on your goodrep, it's one of my very common typos. But thanks

EDIT:

Quote:
Oh okay, I forgive you too.
I am
Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #222
♤23♤

Quote:
I hope I am forgiven too.

Also, on your goodrep, it's one of my very common typos. But thanks

EDIT:

I am
It's important you've both learned your lesson and that's that it's unacceptable to trivialize this holy thread by mentioning Glee and, even worse, discussing it.

About your typo, I know it's not often, otherwise I wouldn't even have bothered to correct you.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #223
country flag arm

But it is often I have terrible typing skills... Not because I can't write, but because I type too fast and rarely read a post before submitting it. The fact that I often post from my phone also helps.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #224
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Calm down, young boy. I did not take 15 minutes to write that. I wasn't refreshing this page waiting for your reply. And this not a competition, it's hardly a debate.
If this isn't a debate, then I don't know what is.

Terrible analogy.

Woah, you've just upped the stakes with that one.

There is evidence that Nole is NOT a "terrible player" after all that he has achieved. Saying that Nole is NOT terrible is a pretty objective assessment. Now not being terrible doesn't necessarily mean he is great and awesome... Some people don't think he is that great and I disagree, but it's their opinion.

Oh, you really do get stuck behind this 'it's their opinion' nonsense. Yes people can have their opinion but it doesn't mean it's always valid. Opinions can be wrong!

Now tell me about Glee. What evidence do you have that it is such a terrible show? Give me a thousand reasons,and I bet 90% of them are relative.

I've given you plenty already. The script is useless, gives the actors and actresses no help whatsoever and causes them to give dreadful performances. The sings are insulting, yes they are insulting. Insulting to the original versions.

Superficial? I have the same opinion. Silly? I agree too! Stupid? I probably agree too.And guess what, I still like it most of the times. I must be an alien with terrible taste.

So you've all but admitted its perpetually shit (superficial, silly & stupid), yet you still like it? That is not a pleasant reflection on yourself, young lady.

Having such a limited view on things is not good. Obviously I don't like Glee for the same reasons I like game of Thrones. And I still like both shows. Maybe one day you will come to the conclusions that it is possible to like opposite things for different reasons.

When I say proper television, I don't mean that it all has to be the same. They can be of different genres and styles. However, none if them are likely to be as lacking in quality as Glee.

Now you are trying to compare apples and oranges. When did I ever say one couldn't like things for different reasons? Never. I love different genres of novels and television fir different reasons, different styles of food for different reasons. Got the picture yet?

He sure is. He has a crowd target that admires him immensely, I fail to understand what is wrong about being a kid or a teenager...

There's nothing wrong with being a teenager. I am one myself. However there is a lot wrong with being an annoying, self-promotional, talentless swine.

Obviously you had come up with that argument. Let's all base our opinion on what critics say. Great idea!

I've got a better idea! Let's all base our opinion on what arm says! :clap:

And just so you know, that isn't necessarily right. Glee has 78% on metacritic, which is not abad score at all.

Woah, meta critic is really going to make me think differently.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #225
♤23♤

Quote:
But it is often I have terrible typing skills... Not because I can't write, but because I type too fast and rarely read a post before submitting it. The fact that I often post from my phone also helps.
Well then I'll have to read your posts more carefully.
Anyway, typos are tolerable, bad grammar on the other hand is not.