2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #346
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Oh my god George is going up against Nodz. WTF is this rigged draw?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #347
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
I don't want to know what happens to those poor dogs when the ACC arrives the following year
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #348
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Wow i won by a landslide, i never had that before, last year i had the toughest draw, and i still remember these two huge upsets over Johnny Groove and Voo da Mar, i will never forget that.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #349
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

The less I post here, the more votes I get

Thanks to all those who voted for me
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #350
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazif View Post
man, Echoes did well to turn from LL to UL in four seconds
Why unlucky loser? I had no idea of what the scores looked like at that point or would look like. And in any case, the contest won't change my life in any way, lol. What makes you think I took it seriously?

Yes I was being rude the other day. I regret it and I really I would get banned. I won't find any excuse and I want to apologize if I shocked people.

But I started a debate with my "opponent" on the crisis in Syria. She gave one fallacious argument and then it stopped there. But next I stumbled on her posts on the ACC Thread which I normally never open - which she knows - only to humiliate me on my stance in this conflict while she refused to discuss it on the Syria thread. If I have something to tell people I always say it straight, not behind the back.

Besides I'm convinced that my stance on this conflict is utterly right and that hers is very dangerous and irresponsible. But I'm open to discussion. Not her.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #351
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Why unlucky loser? I had no idea of what the scores looked like at that point or would look like. And in any case, the contest won't change my life in any way, lol. What makes you think I took it seriously?

Yes I was being rude the other day. I regret it and I really I would get banned. I won't find any excuse and I want to apologize if I shocked people.

But I started a debate with my "opponent" on the crisis in Syria. She gave one fallacious argument and then it stopped there. But next I stumbled on her posts on the ACC Thread which I normally never open - which she knows - only to humiliate me on my stance in this conflict while she refused to discuss it on the Syria thread. If I have something to tell people I always say it straight, not behind the back.

Besides I'm convinced that my stance on this conflict is utterly right and that hers is very dangerous and irresponsible. But I'm open to discussion. Not her.
can honestly say I know absolutely nothing about you or about anything you are talking about.

was merely commenting on getting the LL spot, then being drawn against the No. 1 seed (which I've since been told was meant to happen, rendering the UL concept useless anyway).

but, um... yeh.
Henman / Edberg / Becker / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Laver / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #352
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudio Spanlatine View Post
Wow i won by a landslide, i never had that before, last year i had the toughest draw, and i still remember these two huge upsets over Johnny Groove and Voo da Mar, i will never forget that.
I think you'll do very well in the next round also

Unlucky draw for R3, though, getting the 2nd seed. Well, at least it'll stay in the family, won't it?
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #353
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazif View Post
can honestly say I know absolutely nothing about you or about anything you are talking about.

was merely commenting on getting the LL spot, then being drawn against the No. 1 seed (which I've since been told was meant to happen, rendering the UL concept useless anyway).

but, um... yeh.
I understood it wasn't meant to be a perfectly symmetric draw where the ranking sum of every match is 257, it was just that the program Johnny Groove used wasn't a true randomizer. It's not that easy to get a perfectly random draw, while maintaining proper distance between seeds. The way I do it is relatively cumbersome, so I don't blame JG for using a program to do this.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #354
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

Just to make things clear, I hadn't a clue whether you read the ACC thread or not and I don't know why you would assume that I knew that you normally didn't open it. My ACC comments were equally mean towards all the posters that I voted for and they were made in the spirit of the contest, which, as you know, isn't a nice contest to begin with. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings (which you implied by saying I humiliated your stance on the crisis); in my own defence, you called me a salafist lover (the original comment was censored so it might have been something worse was it 'fucker' or something?) in PopCon which isn't the kind of contest where such comments get thrown around. Doesn't that also qualify as 'talking behind my back' under your definition? In any case, I was a little shocked by the comment at first but I laughed it off after a while, so no hard feelings.

As for why I didn't reply in the Syria thread, honestly I don't remember. I don't remember seeing a reply from you but I wasn't looking very hard; I was probably preoccupied with something else at the time. Just to be clear, it wasn't like I refused to debate; I just didn't go back and read the thread, but somehow your post stuck with me. I think my stance on every issue that I take a stance on is utterly right, so of course you would think that yours is utterly right. I'm open to debating this provided you keep it civil.

Again, sorry about my comments. I'll tone it down next year...
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #355
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

just like heaven voting against me, so pressed
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #356
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post

(14) Orka_N vs. (Q) Machiavelli - Why is this an opening round match? Going with orks because he is more active and just got his eyes lasered...
Always a good reason to vote for someone.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #357
country flag tripwires

Oh my god I missed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
Most likely Kevin from Brothers and sisters.

This is one of my all time favorite scenes

"Die, kitty, die?"
"it's a movie about a meddlesome cat who sticks her nose in where it doesn't belong and gets run over by a bus."

and the dinosaur impression *dead*

I LOVED Kevin from B&S!!! Omg he was like the reason I kept watching when the show became really crappy (but even he couldn't keep me watching after the storylines became crap). I HAVE to check out this show then. Thanks, I have something new to watch.

That video: Kevin was definitely my favourite character in the show.

Last edited by tripwires : 12-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #358
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT tactics from general orks.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #359
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Oh my god I missed this.

I LOVED Kevin from B&S!!! Omg he was like the reason I kept watching when the show became really crappy (but even he couldn't keep me watching after the storylines became crap). I HAVE to check out this show then. Thanks, I have something new to watch.

That video: Kevin was definitely my favourite character in the show.
I don't think I even watched the last season of that show, but I loved it when I started! Kevin my favorite too I never responded to you the other day when you asked what else I watch. I was on my phone and typing on my phone is

ANYWAY, I watch Dexter (though I'm behind), Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy I used to watch Boardwalk Empire but I'm pretty much 2 seasons behind, I'm half a season behind on Modern Family, Parks and Recreation. I watch a lot of the performance type reality shows like X-Factor and the Voice too

I fall so behind on my shows because I have to battle my family for the television and my mother watches an endless stream of NCIS/CSI every location/Castle type things
College basketball sucks.
savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #360
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

dexter is currently the best show on television with season 4 still being the greatest season. i would say this season so far has pan out at well. i thought the first season of games of thrones was boring, but season 2 definitely brought the spark the show need. i can't wait until the new season starts.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote