Do you believe in Asexuality? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 12,100
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
they are on a break, i think at the weekend they will meet and she will end it.

i must say i dont think i could sleep next to my boyfriend for so long and u know...
Yea, that's for the best I think. If they are together for over a year, and he doesn't feel any physical attraction to her, then that's not something to "fix" just by talking it over. And why bother anyway, he seems fine the way he is.
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 25
Posts: 36,614
Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

It is possible he is asexual, but a better chance is that he is gay

I believe in whatever makes people happy. Gay, straight, asexual, does not matter.
__________________
Respect the Laws of MTF
Brush up on your tennis history, people- Top 101 Tennis Players of all Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,979
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
It is possible he is asexual, but a better chance is that he is gay

I believe in whatever makes people happy. Gay, straight, asexual, does not matter.
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
country flag orangehat
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,756
orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
no mate. again stop putting words in my mouth. As I said, the problem is not in having or not having sex, but in having a relationship.
But as Taejin said, that can be resolved by dating another asexual person.

as for the bolded part, this won't work with a person who has sexual needs, unless they come to some kind of agreement about stepping out.
You didn't understand my point, and I wasn't attacking you.

Your point was that you feel sorry for them because they (in your mind) can't be in a relationship with a lot of people because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex whereas others do)

My point is, well going by your logic, would you feel sorry for gay people, since they, by that logic, could not be in a relationship with a lot of people (straight people), because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex with the opposite gender whereas others do)

I then go on to say that like gay people, who form relationships with other gay people since they have the same likings, so do asexual people (i.e. form relationships with other asexual people)

And I have to clear up a very commonly misunderstood point. Being asexual doesn't mean you HATE having sex, or that you don't have sex ever. It just means you're not actively looking for sex. So it is possible for 1 person in a relationship to be asexual, and have sex sparingly whenever the partner wants to have sex to fulfill the relationship.
__________________
Tennis Tipping

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #20
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,979
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Yea, that's for the best I think. If they are together for over a year, and he doesn't feel any physical attraction to her, then that's not something to "fix" just by talking it over. And why bother anyway, he seems fine the way he is.
i dont think he is 100% fine with it b/c if he was, he would have talk to her about it more, tell her more, she loves him, very much but even love has its limits.

if this is how he is, theres nothing to fix.

like many ppl in here said, i hope he will find a giel like him, it will be best for everyone.
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
country flag Jverweij
Registered User
 
Jverweij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 32
Posts: 4,265
Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
You didn't understand my point, and I wasn't attacking you.

Your point was that you feel sorry for them because they (in your mind) can't be in a relationship with a lot of people because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex whereas others do)

My point is, well going by your logic, would you feel sorry for gay people, since they, by that logic, could not be in a relationship with a lot of people (straight people), because they don't match (they don't feel a natural inclination to have sex with the opposite gender whereas others do)

I then go on to say that like gay people, who form relationships with other gay people since they have the same likings, so do asexual people (i.e. form relationships with other asexual people)

And I have to clear up a very commonly misunderstood point. Being asexual doesn't mean you HATE having sex, or that you don't have sex ever. It just means you're not actively looking for sex. So it is possible for 1 person in a relationship to be asexual, and have sex sparingly whenever the partner wants to have sex to fulfill the relationship.
that definition looks more like my definition of being married :P

Seriously though, I get your point, and as I clarified before, I would only feel sorry (maybe sympathize with is a better form?) for an asexual person when it will result in him/her not being able to maintain relationships. Again, if someone is happy, that is great. I just thought from the story that was told that the guy's asexuality now caused him to lose his relationship, which I would say is sad.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #22
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 12,100
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i dont think he is 100% fine with it b/c if he was, he would have talk to her about it more, tell her more, she loves him, very much but even love has its limits.
Well, love or no love, you can't command your body.
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #23
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,401
Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Well, I am not sure if he is really asexual, or he is just not have sexual feelings for your friend.

Scientifically speaking, he is a sexual creature because he is an animal and animals reproduce sexually But if he does not have sexual feelings, that is different. Humans were built to have sexual feelings, so maybe something was wired a little differently in his brain. I don't think you can choose to be asexual. Obviously some people have a stronger sex drive than others, but normally everyone has some sexual feelings. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing. If he is happy with not having sexual feelings, that's fine
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #24
country flag Ben.
Registered User
 
Ben.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 12,897
Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Is this the old "I've got a friend who...." trick?
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,979
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Well, love or no love, you can't command your body.
true..
We do not have a choice.
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,979
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Is this the old "I've got a friend who...." trick?
not this time little benny.
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"

Last edited by Punky : 12-02-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #27
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 12,100
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
or he is just not have sexual feelings for your friend.
Sounds highly unlikely
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
country flag Ben.
Registered User
 
Ben.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 12,897
Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
not think time little benny.
It's okay Amber, we are all friends here, you can tell us the truth. No one was buying this thinly veiled "friend" pretense. It must be hard for you
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #29
country flag Garson007
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 27
Posts: 3,887
Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

I've broken so many hearts in my life because I'm incapable of falling in love or being intimate. It's just not my thing.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #30
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,979
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in Asexuality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
It's okay Amber, we are all friends here, you can tell us the truth. No one was buying this thinly veiled "friend" pretense. It must be hard for you
its very hard, but you know what makes me feel better.
be a friend and help me
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios