Told a group of people to shut up today... - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #31
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Told a group of people to shut up today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
You da man!

I got threatend with acid in the face after I politely asked a group of emos to quieten down in my first year. They all committed suicide by the second year, but at the time I was scared.
WTF??

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #32
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

I think post-grad students are more mature in general and so they don't talk as much during lectures. It's a good thing. No one talks in this really really really boring lecture that I have too (I'm doing a post-grad course).
exact

but it does happen, not always or like my first degree but it does.

i guess ppl are older and work while they study so they dont have time for b/s and stuff.

only one course?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #33
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i guess ppl are older and work while they study so they dont have time for b/s and stuff.
I assume an even bigger reason is that post-grad students are even more motivated to their studies. Some of the students who don't have a gruduate may study only because they feel they have to study, e.g. to get a job. (Sounds too familiar to me.) But I assume post-grad students study more because they want to, not that much because they'd feel they have to.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #34
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I assume an even bigger reason is that post-grad students are even more motivated to their studies. Some of the students who don't have a gruduate may study only because they feel they have to study, e.g. to get a job. (Sounds too familiar to me.) But I assume post-grad students study more because they want to, not that much because they'd feel they have to.

This is exactly my situation.
i study b/c i wanna study, i already have a job (who i hate (i said i want use that word but i must, sorry)) and im studing for my own, cuz i enjoy it and want to do PhD. i dont need to for any other reason thats why it bugs me when ppl dont let me listen.

go outside talk to ur friends and enter to classes u want just dont interrupt
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
You da man!

I got threatend with acid in the face after I politely asked a group of emos to quieten down in my first year. They all committed suicide by the second year, but at the time I was scared.
Something similar to this actually happened. A woman told some teenagers to shut up in the cinema and they followed her and her family into a restaurant and threw bleach in her face.......
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #36
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
We don't pay for classes here
Yeah, well, this attitude is one of the main problems in France, too. Students pay very little, and therefore, they have no respect for education (they also have crappy conditions to study in, to be honest, but if you want to study, you can - I did).

Sometimes that makes me really angry, and I just feel like lecturing them, and saying to them: "do you realize that higher education is a f***ing privilege? Are you not ashamed that French taxpayers are paying for your education, while you just sit there and do nothing, or just disrupt the class?"

And also, I keep thinking that one day, people will realize that students don't care because they don't pay, and when they decide to change the system and make them pay thousands of euros for their education, then they will start crying and getting angry, saying that it's a scandal and education is a right and so on.

More or less as they do with tests: they don't give a shit during the whole semester, they don't study, but then when they fail they start crying or getting mad at you ("the test is too difficult it's a scandal the teacher's a bitch" and so on), and suddenly it looks as if their whole world is about to crumble. And in a way you feel sorry for them, because they're young and don't know better, but sometimes you're just fed up and you feel like saying: "Well, you see that ridiculous overreaction of yours right now? You should have put that energy into sudying about 6 weeks ago. Now it's too late. Sorry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

I think post-grad students are more mature in general and so they don't talk as much during lectures. It's a good thing. No one talks in this really really really boring lecture that I have too (I'm doing a post-grad course).
Yes, for one, they're more mature, and also (at least in France), none of the "tourists" reach post-grad level. Students who don't give a damn usually don't make it through beyond the 3rd year.
Anyway, even in first year, you have plenty of really great students, but to disrupt a class it only takes a few idiots or even a few selfish good students (the kind who listen to the teacher and contribute when they feel like it, and chat with their friends the rest of the time).
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #37
country flag Absolute Anthropoid
Skyward!

Absolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond repute

For the 3 years that I was in university I always sat near the front so I didn't have to deal with that.

But yes I know there are peasants who don't shut up in the back. Sometimes they have to be put in their place

Slade approves.

Simple as that. Everything else comes second.

The Official "Is Nadal Balding?" Thread
Absolute Anthropoid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #38
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

people who talk during class in college are just huge mugs
Old 12-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #39
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Alpha as fuk.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #40
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I always sit in the back to minimize the amount of distractions while I'm playing or surfing on my laptop.
This. It's annoying when you are playing games, chatting with people on MSN/Facebook, watching sports on live stream, spreading vulturing theories on MTF, etc... and you can't fully focus because the professor just can't stop yapping about random stuff

I always sit at the back too
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #41
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post

You don't say!
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #42
country flag Noserer
Banned!

Noserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This. It's annoying when you are playing games, chatting with people on MSN/Facebook, watching sports on live stream, spreading vulturing theories on MTF, etc... and you can't fully focus because the professor just can't stop yapping about random stuff

I'd die of boredom without my laptop
Noserer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #43
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Same here. Still though, I do wonder why I even bother turning up for the lectures in the first place
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #44
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
You don't say!
Funny thing is teachers actually think I'm taking notes just because I'm typing on my laptop all the time, even got passed in a final oral exam because the teacher found me an 'interested student, always taking notes'

Quote:
I'd die of boredom without my laptop
Same here, I'd not be able to get through uni without my laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Same here. Still though, I do wonder why I even bother turning up for the lectures in the first place

In my case, it's because my parents are paying, so it'd not be very nice to just stay in bed every morning
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #45
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always part of that group of people. The thing is i do shut my mouth if a teacher tells me twice but i don't give a shit if a classmate tells me to do so no matter how many times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Had a father come up to me and try to make me feel bad about losing. He said it must be rough on the ego to lose to a 10 yo girl to which I did my best to answer politically.

Then some mother came by and did the same, laughing at me. I told her Coco will be great and so will I, to which she did her best to contain her laughter
TF proving their knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
No such thing on MTF. If they were knowledgeable, they wouldn't be wasting their time with those pushing mugathions of men's tennis and would be watching the WTA like we do.
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote