Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF" - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #91
country flag JurajCrane

JurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
I mean most of its dumb, yeah, but Toni does have a point about the possibility of rotating the surfaces every season at the WTF.

the World Tour Finals are supposed to be a representation of the best of the best playing in rather fair terms. there are not many indoor court tournament anymore, so it's a bit strange that they would have the culmination of the season played on a surface that barely exists

if I were them I would switch it on and off something like this in a 4 year cycle ::

hard ----- clay ----- hard ---- grass

and sure it would be a pain in the ass changing the surface depending on venue or whatever but at least it would make the World Tour Finals more realistic as a meeting of the best players on varying surfaces. having it only on indoor is strange, regular outdoor hard MAYBE I would get, but indoor!? anyway
Maybe because it is indoor season ? I don´t want to watch tennis where YEC will be held somewhere in Acapulco on clay. It is fall and it should stay indoor.

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #92
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean most of its dumb, yeah, but Toni does have a point about the possibility of rotating the surfaces every season at the WTF.

the World Tour Finals are supposed to be a representation of the best of the best playing in rather fair terms. there are not many indoor court tournament anymore, so it's a bit strange that they would have the culmination of the season played on a surface that barely exists

if I were them I would switch it on and off something like this in a 4 year cycle ::

and sure it would be a pain in the ass changing the surface depending on venue or whatever but at least it would make the World Tour Finals more realistic as a meeting of the best players on varying surfaces. having it only on indoor is strange, regular outdoor hard MAYBE I would get, but indoor!? anyway
Clay, grass and hard courts side by side. Play a set on each
Ben. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #93
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyGotRoasted View Post
To the people that bad repped me, this post is 100% true and you know it

It is and you know it.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #94
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You live in a dream if you think that is logical or realisitc. The best way is to use a surface that is medium speed and is indoors. You can't tell me that some players benefit less from playing indoors, you have less variable factors and conditions to deal with, you can concentrate more on your tennis. Unless you're going to tell me some players run faster outdoors or something then this conversation is meaningless to continue.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #95
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
Maybe because it is indoor season ? I don´t want to watch tennis where YEC will be held somewhere in Acapulco on clay. It is fall and it should stay indoor.
"INDOOR SEASON". as though you need a season for INDOORS? the fact that it's indoor means weather affects it not at all so you can have indoor tournaments whenever

just because there is like Shanghai and Paris does not mean it should affect the WTF's surface

you're mistake is you include the Tour Finals WITH a particular branch of tournaments. the World Tour finals are literally the season finale on their own, it's not automatically connected to Paris and such stuff because the dates are closeby

should Australian Open be clay too then since there are only South American clay tournaments in the month following? bad logic. indoor hard is one of the least common surfaces now, so it is strange that there has not been much consideration on rotating the world tour finals surface. even outdoor hard would make more sense. it also skews the significance of the WTF because there are particular players, ala Federer, with a perfect game for indoors. a tournament that is summing up the season should not be slanted every single season

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #96
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
You live in a dream if you think that is logical or realisitc. The best way is to use a surface that is medium speed and is indoors. You can't tell me that some players benefit less from playing indoors, you have less variable factors and conditions to deal with, you can concentrate more on your tennis. Unless you're going to tell me some players run faster outdoors or something then this conversation is meaningless to continue.

As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #97
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"INDOOR SEASON". as though you need a season for INDOORS? the fact that it's indoor means weather affects it not at all so you can have indoor tournaments whenever

just because there is like Shanghai and Paris does not mean it should affect the WTF's surface

you're mistake is you include the Tour Finals WITH a particular branch of tournaments. the World Tour finals are literally the season finale on their own, it's not automatically connected to Paris and such stuff because the dates are closeby

should Australian Open be clay too then since there are only South American clay tournaments in the month following? bad logic. indoor hard is one of the least common surfaces now, so it is strange that there has not been much consideration on rotating the world tour finals surface. even outdoor hard would make more sense. it also skews the significance of the WTF because there are particular players, ala Federer, with a perfect game for indoors. a tournament that is summing up the season should not be slanted every single season
Ugh, I absolutely do not get this notion of indoors....how just because it is indoors it suits some players and apparently hurts others. How does removing things like wind and temperature exactly hurt a player? If you claim it does, then the opposite must be true, and you are basically saying that particular player wins more because of factors other his own tennis. By having it indoors, you remove the factors for everyone, level playing field right there. Unless you think that if Rafa were to play on indoor clay he would get rocked left and right? I think Rafa would play even better on indoor clay. No sun would be beating down on him, temperature would be perefct, no wind to fuck with his spins, etc.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #98
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

old news, not the brightest people these nadals
Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #99
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
So Rafa has bad eyes and ears? I wonder why Toni isn't saying this. Different sounds, you have got to be shitting me. Have you fucking played on a tennis court in your life? Rafa is the one making the sounds regardless, so what the fuck do different sounds have to do with this? His grunt is too loud for himself? Artificial lighting can be a problem, but unless Rafa had implanted robotic eyes only for the last few games of Wimbledon 2008, then your argument makes zero sense. What a fucking joke..

So I'm guessing Cincinnati has bad lights and bad sounds, right? He has never made a final there. Miami must have bad lighting and sounds as well, he has yet to win there. In fact, most non-clay events must have bad lighting and sounds, only Indian Wells, Wimbledon and Canada must have good lights and sounds, those are the only events he has won more than once.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #100
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Why do I have this niggling suspicion that there would be no talk of "unfairness" of surface if Nadal had already won 2 or 3 YEC/WTF titles? Even Wimbledon has a lead-up grass season, short though it may be, but the same posters who would cry foul if Roland Garros were to be played with no lead-up clay tournaments, are now advocating that the WTF is played on clay or grass or outdoor hard with no lead-up tournaments. Passingly odd

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #101
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Good god man.
niff is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #102
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
So Rafa has bad eyes and ears? I wonder why Toni isn't saying this. Different sounds, you have got to be shitting me. Have you fucking played on a tennis court in your life? Rafa is the one making the sounds regardless, so what the fuck do different sounds have to do with this? His grunt is too loud for himself? Artificial lighting can be a problem, but unless Rafa had implanted robotic eyes only for the last few games of Wimbledon 2008, then your argument makes zero sense. What a fucking joke..

So I'm guessing Cincinnati has bad lights and bad sounds, right? He has never made a final there. Miami must have bad lighting and sounds as well, he has yet to win there. In fact, most non-clay events must have bad lighting and sounds, only Indian Wells, Wimbledon and Canada must have good lights and sounds, those are the only events he has won more than once.

OMG

I'm not going to answer all your useless questions. Just read my post again and try to use your brain. Answers are all in it.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #103
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Don Matquijote entering the 12th round
Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #104
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares what tio Toni says?

HIST9RY
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #105
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair too all players, each player can choose the kind of surface on his side of court.

Nadal, clay
Federer, grass
Djokovic, AO Plexicushion
Murray, Cincy fast hard or Dubai

No need to change side
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread