Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 88 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 103 39.31%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 25 9.54%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 7.25%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 6.87%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 5 1.91%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.38%
Equal 4 1.53%
Federer ahead 47 17.94%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #1306
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
What's up with insults ? Do my words come that close to the truth that you dare not admit?
Being popular? Coca cola and Mcdonalds are popular with the lowest common denominators. It doesn't mean that it is any good, just the poor taste of the brainwashed masses.
All hail, the Serbian version of heya

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #1307
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer just completely copied the game of Sampras which is made to bore people out of their minds among other things. He is also massively backed up by tennis establishment and corporations. Players like Djokovic and Nadal play a totally unique game and they have totally trasformed it for the future. In the future players will copy Djokovic and Nadal but not Federer if anything.
Obviously what bores you the most is that old Federer is the only one who can beat peak Djokovic and it hurtssssssss sooooooo much! (I feel your pain)

Joking aside... What's better 30 strokes between 2 physical beasts or a short rally ending with a beautiful winner executed by a tactical genius. Both for me, but if I have to choose I rather watch #2. Those long rallies become quite boring after a while. Watching 6 hours of tennis on a row.. if that's not boring I don't know what is.
TennisPhan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #1308
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer just completely copied the game of Sampras which is made to bore people out of their minds among other things. He is also massively backed up by tennis establishment and corporations. Players like Djokovic and Nadal play a totally unique game and they have totally trasformed it for the future. In the future players will copy Djokovic and Nadal but not Federer if anything.
This post is bannable offence. The most tragic part is that it didn't mean to be trolling post

you don't need to read about all tragedies which are happening to world to be depressed, after few mtf's post everything other looks pinky
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #1309
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
really dude?Fed and Sampras are almost nothing alike style wise also Djokovic and Nadal's style was seen before and I agree that players will copy Novak more than Fed but not for your reasons.Playing like Novak is much easier than playing like Fed if you are a 8 year old kid trying to copy someone's style of play.And to say Fed bores people is a disgrace....never been his fan but I can watch him play all day long.......
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #1310
country flag dazed1

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
really dude?Fed and Sampras are almost nothing alike style wise also Djokovic and Nadal's style was seen before and I agree that players will copy Novak more than Fed but not for your reasons.Playing like Novak is much easier than playing like Fed if you are a 8 year old kid trying to copy someone's style of play.And to say Fed bores people is a disgrace....never been his fan but I can watch him play all day long.......

Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #1311
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's up with insults ? Do my words come that close to the truth that you dare not admit?
Being popular? Coca cola and Mcdonalds are popular with the lowest common denominators. It doesn't mean that it is any good, just the poor taste of the brainwashed masses.
Quote:
I'm angry.

To be honest, I can take your facile and highly inaccurate reduction of Federer's game as a copy of Sampras', and that it would bore people out of their minds. I can also take the laughable claim that Djokovic's and Nadal's games are "totally unique".

But what I simply can't take is your assertion that coca cola isn't any good. Blasphemy.
Han Solo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #1312
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Coca Cola and barbadosan are superior to other antique goods.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #1313
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
This is proof that pusher-tards don't know any tennis.
Roddick was a mindless servebot. A slow, fat, sycophantic pushertard. He pushed himself to fatal anonymity.

If Fed hadn't pushed vs. Roddick, he would've shanked his backhand & lost 4 times to the mug.
Is Fed complaining about Roddick?

Fed lost to pusher losers, including Gaudio, Volandri, Mantilla, Davydenko, Nalbandian, Hewitt. Too bad.
If they weren't so gutless, Federer wouldn't be bragging about his "dominant tennis in an exhaustingly long schedule".
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #1314
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
come back to me when DjokerNole has won A)career GS

b)Olympic gold medal
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #1315
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
come back to me when DjokerNole has won A)career GS

b)Olympic gold medal
cant take credit for both man
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #1316
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

FFS, why did they close or move the Federer threads about the Basel/Abu Dhabi app fee's

issue really annoyed me

first the behaviour of those rat bastards in Basel to do that to Fed, even if it had grains of truth, how quick they forget how Fed has supported that tournament for 15 years, been in 9 finals and they turn round and stab him like that, tbh Fed should never play there again after that episode

Abu Dhabi can FO, they couldnt hide the bitterness that Fed didnt want to play this year (yeah, we believe you would rather see 'young talent' like Almagro )

truth is these tournament would break the bank to get Fed alone - over Nole, Nadal and Murray combined - same with that Moscow tournament, altho i think that story was a load of hot air from Nadal uber fanboy Kafelnikov

the issue of Fed's 2013 schedule alarmed me as well, no Miami, no DC, no Monte Carlo again, no playing before AO (altho i dont think thats a bad thing, anyone can see he's been burnt out since Olympic sf match v Del Potro)

he will gift that #2 ranking to 'dull

have always known he hated playing in Miami, all those latin Nadal fanboys annoying him, they should move the tournament away from there.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #1317
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

the issue of Fed's 2013 schedule alarmed me as well, no Miami, no DC, no Monte Carlo again, no playing before AO (altho i dont think thats a bad thing, anyone can see he's been burnt out since Olympic sf match v Del Potro)

he will gift that #2 ranking to 'dull

have always known he hated playing in Miami, all those latin Nadal fanboys annoying him, they should move the tournament away from there.
#2 ranking to Nadal? If he gifts his ranking to anyone, it will be Murray. Nadal is also due to play less and will not be in a position to advance anytime soon. However, considering Fed only got 390 points this year for the tournaments he's not entered into next year (except Olympics, but there we have Toronto instead), and has the addition of Paris where he got 1000 points last time he played, he really shouldn't gift anything. Anyone wants his ranking, they'll more likely have to step up and take it.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #1318
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
#2 ranking to Nadal? If he gifts his ranking to anyone, it will be Murray. Nadal is also due to play less and will not be in a position to advance anytime soon. However, considering Fed only got 390 points this year for the tournaments he's not entered into next year (except Olympics, but there we have Toronto instead), and has the addition of Paris where he got 1000 points last time he played, he really shouldn't gift anything. Anyone wants his ranking, they'll more likely have to step up and take it.
I agree that the schedule change is not a concern : in last years (not only last year) Miami and Monte-Carlo hardly provided any points (and Doha is a small tournament which was not even countable last year), and he can replace a Basel final by a Paris semifinal which is not harder to do imo.

But his ranking can of course decrease because he had a great beginning of the year last year and it's unlikely that he will do the same again.

But yes rather likely losing his ranking to Murray than to Nadal in the short term, and it's not that a bad opportunity for Federer to be seeded 3, esp. on clay, if Nadal manages to keep his number 4-ranking in the first part of the year (which is far from done).
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #1319
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I agree that the schedule change is not a concern : in last years (not only last year) Miami and Monte-Carlo hardly provided any points (and Doha is a small tournament which was not even countable last year), and he can replace a Basel final by a Paris semifinal which is not harder to do imo.

But his ranking can of course decrease because he had a great beginning of the year last year and it's unlikely that he will do the same again.

But yes rather likely losing his ranking to Murray than to Nadal in the short term, and it's not that a bad opportunity for Federer to be seeded 3, esp. on clay, if Nadal manages to keep his number 4-ranking in the first part of the year (which is far from done).
Well, Murray has 1880 points to defend prior to the clay season and Fed 2765 points. He's 2265 points ahead currently. If Murray passes him it will be because he plays well, not because Fed skips two tournaments.

I agree that a #3 seed with Nadal #4 is not without it's advantages, though a Fed - Murray projected SF in RG could happen regardless of who's #2 and #3. As for drawing Djokovic instead of Nadal, the advantage might not be relevant anymore - either will be very difficult to beat on clay.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #1320
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post

Hadn't thought of that yet. Totally agree. If this were to happen and Roger got murray in his half he could reach some clay tournaments finals more easily.