Which conditions do you like to play in the best? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which conditions do you like to play in the best?

On what type of day do you feel you have the best chance of winning.

For me I would say when it is quite cool, so the ball moves a little slower through the air, I also like a moderate breeze to make the match a bit scrappier.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which conditions do you like to play in the best?

Whichever conditions my opponent hates the most.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Fast but not too fast as Nalbandian once said :P no but really, I've played on some hardcourts where the balls just runs through the court making it really tough for my one-hander to set up and go through the ball properly. Wind is OK, I'm not too bad, my slice works wonders in the wind giving the ball an even stranger trajectory. I LOVE the heat. I live in Arizona, where it gets up to 120+ degrees. So literally everywhere I've played, it always feels really nice, and in the past in some USTA tournaments, I'd always ask the guy where they were from, because if they weren't used to the heat, then it was time to run boy.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I asked this because here in England, we often doing get temperatures above 22'C, and the last few days, it's been 30+'C. I've really suffered in the heat and not been able to compete effectively in matchplay.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I asked this because here in England, we often doing get temperatures above 22'C, and the last few days, it's been 30+'C. I've really suffered in the heat and not been able to compete effectively in matchplay.
Oh gosh, that is nothing. It gets up to around 50 C around here easily, sometimes for days on end. It sometimes even feels hotter on some courts since they seem to soak up a lot of the heat.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Oh gosh, that is nothing. It gets up to around 50 C around here easily, sometimes for days on end. It sometimes even feels hotter on some courts since they seem to soak up a lot of the heat.
Of course it's not very high, but the contrast with the constant cool days of 15'C makes it tough to adapt.

I'm sure cool daytimes in Arizona are rare in the tennis season, so you can get used to it.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Of course it's not very high, but the contrast with the constant cool days of 15'C makes it tough to adapt.

I'm sure cool daytimes in Arizona are rare in the tennis season, so you can get used to it.
Of course we get used to it, so anything under 40 C feels like absolute heaven. Maybe come train in Arizona/California for a few months
Old 07-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Outdoors no wind and smoking hot !
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

I like room temp. indoor courts I can't adjust at all outside

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

This one guy I spoke to said his ideal temperature was 0 ! FREAK , lol , he,s a bit of a weirdo thought !
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

I love the heat. 40+ C. Gives the best workout. No wind.
Surface - Slow hard.
Never played on grass or clay, so can't comment on them.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #12
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
I love the heat. 40+ C. Gives the best workout. No wind.
Surface - Slow hard.
Never played on grass or clay, so can't comment on them.
Red clay on the fucking hottest day is great. We have several near where I live in Arizona and temps go up to 50 C easy in the summer
Old 11-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

well prepared clay on a crisp may morning. hit it!
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
country flag The Prince

It feels great to be playing indoors again.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #15
country flag guyha4

guyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond repute

I like to play summer evening, it's really humid and sweaty but I dont like to play in cold weather (cold israeli weather is 15 c lol)

TT Doubles :
winner: Fergana CH 2011(w/ KittyTennis) , Marbella CH(w/Tal20)
guyha4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote