The "RF" chat thread - Page 163 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #2431
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thanks for a wondeRFul season" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Well, not entirely my classmate: he *was* a couple of years ahead of me, so we didn't overlap much - if it is him. I'm not sure my local libraries stock QfP, but even Chris recommends it (but in the original German for preference! Not totally sure I'm up to that without reading some more general tennis stuff in the language first ).
You know German? I love Roger, but not to the extent that I'd learn German just to read QfT.

Quote:
I always *hated* that ponytail, BTW. Was *so* glad when he got rid of it
Me too, otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought he was gorgeous and therefore wouldn't have became a fan.

Quote:
Anyway, I just popped in because I didn't think it was worth putting in the articles thread, but Fed gets a mention in this article about coffee/beer/curry-splattering moments in sport : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-the-sofa.html
That point at 5-6 down or whatever it was in the first set tie break on Monday would probably have done it for me!
if I were to make a list of such moments, it would probably never end. But that hot dog was incredible, as was the point that you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Yeah, my dad played tennis when he was young, in some amateur league in Belgrade, before the ATP was even formed. He always watched tennis on TV so I watched with him as a little kid. That's why I've been watching even since the days of wooden racquets!

My dad is a big hater ; he enjoys cheering against someone more than cheering for a favourite. He liked Borg and he was a big Sampras fan. He was mad at Fed for ending Sampras's career. But then Rafa came along. He really hated Rafa so he cheered for Fed for a while. Also he liked Roger's graceful playing style. Then Djokovic came along and he decided to support him because we're also Serbian (he's not sure if he would like Djokovic at all otherwise). He also likes Ferrer.
Like Doris said, what's his MTF username? This means that your tennis knowledge is deeper than I'd thought. Time to school some of those clowns in GM, especially the ones that claim that the current crop of players would beat players from previous eras easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Roger's hair. For real:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
That's how I have always considered the law to be used - helpful to the people. Unfortunately, a lot of folks have no knowledge of how to achieve - and fight for! - their rights, and that's exactly what I do as a freelance-lawyer - HELP people.
This case was a rather nasty one though, I fear many folks fell for it, as they looked pretty decent... it was only after I started adding 1 + 1 = 2 and not 3 myself, when I discovered I was actually dealing with scammers.
What's a freelance lawyer? Do you work pro bono? Or do you not belong to any law firm in particular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

Can't wait for Rotterdam and to meet everyone again
Omg I think there's a chance I could go to Rotterdam. Need to skip some classes though...but I have a 4 day weekend so it could be doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
You have to go through the farm to see the goat…
Brilliant, George. Just brilliant.

Quote:
But there are all sorts of ballots you can enter for Wimbledon tickets. Just don't trust online resale agencies for Wimbledon. First of all, it's illegal, secondly, it's way overpriced.
Do you mean the official one? The ticket allocation is random, no? I was referring to those travel agencies that sell sports travel packages. I used this company called Keith Prowse when I went to Melbourne - got good seats + hotel, that sort of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
the girl I met at Bercy says she rents a hotel room for showers and stuff but for me that seems like a waste, unless you split it with a group.
I noticed some people on RF.com who went this year just paid to use a gym/rec center to shower like every other day.
Seriously? They don't have anywhere to sleep? I'm living in central London right now so I have a room here but Wimbledon is quite far away.

Omg what if I meet Roger again and I'm all smelly and gross?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #2432
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sorry, RtD but you don't stand a chance against safin-rules anyways. The contest is fun but you're taking it way too seriously. Just have fun laughing at others in the chat thread; you don't belong in the draw anyways (that's a good thing )
I lost by a margin, after all my efforts!

And a loss hurts, even at the ACC!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #2433
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Omg I think there's a chance I could go to Rotterdam. Need to skip some classes though...but I have a 4 day weekend so it could be doable.
this Masters degree is a sham! you moved to Europe to stalk Roger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I lost by a margin, after all my efforts!

And a loss hurts, even at the ACC!
I had no idea you were so competitive.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #2434
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I had no idea you were so competitive.
Seasonal thing. Now, a long cold winter till AO.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #2435
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know German? I love Roger, but not to the extent that I'd learn German just to read QfT.
Well, hand on heart, I'd have to say my learning it had nothing to do with him
(for a start, he hadn't quite been born ...)
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #2436
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this Masters degree is a sham! you moved to Europe to stalk Roger!
Yes, you blew my cover. Brilliant detective work.

I REALLY want to go though, after considering it. Probably can only go Friday - Sunday, assuming he makes it that far. He should, right?

Doris, what sessions did you buy?

Quote:
Well, hand on heart, I'd have to say my learning it had nothing to do with him
(for a start, he hadn't quite been born ...)
Did you find it difficult to learn? It sounds and looks so difficult.

The only German words I know are 'danke', 'auf wiedersehen', and 'Federer'.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #2437
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

German is a tricky language to learn. I gave up after a few years of trying.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #2438
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I have to share what a dream I had some nights ago.
I'm still involved in it and ho nice it was

I was playing the doubles in a tournament in the tennis-club.
So I had to change my partner - I don't remember the reason.
So I had that new one and I wasn't yet concious of who he was but we were in the court and we had to decide who where receives and who serves as 1st. So I turn back and I see Roger but in my dream or he wasn't the GOAT or I wasn't concious of it. But he seemed to be more a my level player that I as good as he is He wasn't able to decide who to serve and I remember I was telling him that we have to serve one time he and one time me and that it was better him to start because as a man he had few possibilities to be broken even he played not so bad tennis as his tactical ideas
Of all this I have only a flash and not a clear image. Just the idea of what happened

After I remember I was at the net and he at the baseline.

In that part of the dream he seemed so real as he all was reality When sometimes I turned back to see what was he doing (all about the game) I noticed (I didn't know it yet in the dream ) how handsome he was and all his charm was amazing me. So I knew I had to focus more on the match and not on him but his presence was instigating and terminating me

Unfortunately than I woke up and all finished but whit this nice sensation. I still continue thinking of it smiling

BTW. Today I played a nice double match with another partner but anyway I had a lot of fun.
We played a great shots and I could sign some of them.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #2439
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #2440
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
Hi all. I have to share what a dream I had some nights ago.
I'm still involved in it and ho nice it was

I was playing the doubles in a tournament in the tennis-club.
So I had to change my partner - I don't remember the reason.
So I had that new one and I wasn't yet concious of who he was but we were in the court and we had to decide who where receives and who serves as 1st. So I turn back and I see Roger but in my dream or he wasn't the GOAT or I wasn't concious of it. But he seemed to be more a my level player that I as good as he is He wasn't able to decide who to serve and I remember I was telling him that we have to serve one time he and one time me and that it was better him to start because as a man he had few possibilities to be broken even he played not so bad tennis as his tactical ideas
Of all this I have only a flash and not a clear image. Just the idea of what happened

After I remember I was at the net and he at the baseline.

In that part of the dream he seemed so real as he all was reality When sometimes I turned back to see what was he doing (all about the game) I noticed (I didn't know it yet in the dream ) how handsome he was and all his charm was amazing me. So I knew I had to focus more on the match and not on him but his presence was instigating and terminating me

Unfortunately than I woke up and all finished but whit this nice sensation. I still continue thinking of it smiling

BTW. Today I played a nice double match with another partner but anyway I had a lot of fun.
We played a great shots and I could sign some of them.
Thanks for sharing.

I wish I had dreams this vivid. Well I do, but I don't dream about nice things like Roger.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #2441
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^^
Thanks for the support
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Thanks for sharing.

I wish I had dreams this vivid. Well I do, but I don't dream about nice things like Roger.
Actually I have them sometimes. But I've never dreamed Roger so live. To be honest I dreamed him after the WTFs final. I was dreaming that match and he was hitting a killing FH so I was thinking. "Don't wake up.. don't and this time he's going to win the match" But I woke up and I couldn't change the thighs. After I felt as sad as I was after he lost
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #2442
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice dream, I hate when I have dreams like this and have to wake up... Hope you can have more dreams with Roger
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #2443
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you find it difficult to learn? It sounds and looks so difficult.

The only German words I know are 'danke', 'auf wiedersehen', and 'Federer'.
It's not the easiest language to learn, certainly - all those cases, endings, and most of all their habit of sticking the verb at the end of a 200-word sentence (drives me nuts at times) - but I'm told that Russian, Mandarin and Japanese are worse . I had to do a crash-course from zero to "O-Level" standard (the exam you used to do at the age of 16) in 2 years! Yuck.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #2444
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
Thanks for the support

Actually I have them sometimes. But I've never dreamed Roger so live. To be honest I dreamed him after the WTFs final. I was dreaming that match and he was hitting a killing FH so I was thinking. "Don't wake up.. don't and this time he's going to win the match" But I woke up and I couldn't change the thighs. After I felt as sad as I was after he lost
I wish history could re-write itself.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #2445
country flag The Prince

Quote:
It's not the easiest language to learn, certainly - all those cases, endings, and most of all their habit of sticking the verb at the end of a 200-word sentence (drives me nuts at times) - but I'm told that Russian, Mandarin and Japanese are worse . I had to do a crash-course from zero to "O-Level" standard (the exam you used to do at the age of 16) in 2 years! Yuck.
I lived in Russia for a while, but didn't pick up that much of the language at all. It is a rotten language to learn and much worse than German. But the latter is tricky to get the hang of, and you're right, the verb is always at the end, no matter how long the sentence is!