Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 283 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #4231
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
That song is difficult to listen to. At least for me. I'd probably do better w/o the visuals. It's very electronic. I was smiling first at how fat the present people look compared to the wraith like figures of the soldiers in photographs and then about wondering how that music would sound to their ears.

I couldn't really tell what the guy was singing about. Give me the name of the song so I can look it up.
Some nights by Fun. sorry it wasn't supposed to be painful for you. don't bother really!

Last edited by arm : 11-23-2012 at 02:54 PM.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #4232
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Some nights by Fun. sorry it wasn't supposed to be painful for you. don't bother really!

It wasn't painful. I am a old person. Sometimes I don't get the cadence or sound of modern pop music. It was like this for my grandparents when I was listening to rock and roll. "What is he saying? I can't understand the words." Now I am in the same boat.

I would get so put out with them sometimes. I thought they were pretending not to understand. Now I know.

Quote:
It topped the US Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks and Alternative Songs for two weeks, with over three million digital downloads.
Clearly I live in an alternate universe.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #4233
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Star, have you listened to this song? The video is the Civil War, obviously, but I am not so sure what the lyrics are about and I have been reading some opinions, there doesn't seem to be a consensus yet

I am thinking it might really be about the Iraq/Afghanistan war. Thoughts, anyone?

The beauty of song lyrics is that they doesn't have to be a consensus!

One of the reasons I'm really fond of Fun. as a band is that their songs are interesting and their lyrics are far from superficial. It's refreshing as most popular artists or bands these days have very limited songs and the lyrics tell similar stories that have been heard thousands of times.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #4234
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It wasn't painful. I am a old person. Sometimes I don't get the cadence or sound of modern pop music. It was like this for my grandparents when I was listening to rock and roll. "What is he saying? I can't understand the words." Now I am in the same boat.

I would get so put out with them sometimes. I thought they were pretending not to understand. Now I know.
Don't get me wrong, the sound of the music is annoying even to me. But the lyrics are pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
The beauty of song lyrics is that they doesn't have to be a consensus!

One of the reasons I'm really fond of Fun. as a band is that their songs are interesting and their lyrics are far from superficial. It's refreshing as most popular artists or bands these days have very limited songs and the lyrics tell similar stories that have been heard thousands of times.
I love them too! Much like star, I find the sound a bit too much, but the lyrics are awesome. I know there doesn't have to be a consensus, I was just asking for opinions.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #4235
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the sound of the music is annoying even to me. But the lyrics are pretty awesome.

I love them too! Much like star, I find the sound a bit too much, but the lyrics are awesome. I know there doesn't have to be a consensus, I was just asking for opinions.
Every popular genre is becoming electronic these days. Pretty much all of my favourite bands have changed their sounds over the course of the last decade into something a bit more electronic. I have grown to love it, though.

They're a decent band, they write imaginative songs with great lyrics. As far as 'pop' bands go, they're very good.

Yeah, it's always good to gather opinions together on something like this, as there's bound to be many different ideas on it. I like your one.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #4236
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I second this Happy birthday!!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Happy birthday lee
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I am a pure veg . I am pretty sure most of the russian food is non veg ,so I haven't tried that .

Vegetarians really struggle in the outside world
Canada has a pretty large Indian population and not many vegetarians. Those I knew while living in Calgary eat meat. so I was very surprised that lots of Indians are vegetarians when I move here. Most of those working in my hubby's office are vegetarians.

Quote:
Clearly I live in an alternate universe.
I was until I have to drive my son to school everyday listening to radio playing more popular songs
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #4237
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

My birthday was OK until the evening I told hubby that the option to "hibernate" was not there. He tinkled it again in the afternoon. At dinner time, he told me he ran virus scan and found a trojan, it's removed but when he open outlook, it collapsed but it rebuilt the database itself. When I open my outlook after dinner, I found all the emails I downloaded into outlook for the last few days were gone plus whatever setup in tasks.
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #4238
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Lee -- this saga of your computer is becoming like a George Martin series.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #4239
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Lee -- this saga of your computer is becoming like a George Martin series.
Indeed, although it's not quite as epic.

Hope things are sorted soon, Lee.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #4240
country flag arm

Lee

I swear I am going to give my first bad rep in over a year, maybe more...
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #4241
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Lee

Just give a good rep instead and feel superior while doing so.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #4242
country flag arm

Quote:

Just give a good rep instead and feel superior while doing so.
This freakysomething supposedly 14 y.o. kid (at least he acts that age) is far more annoying than Sapeod when he was 14.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #4243
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Lee

Just put the kid on ignore. Bad reps are what he wants, so I wouldn't do that.

I don't really think the ignore function is good, but he it's an exception to the rule as he's as close to a spammer as one can get.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #4244
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This freakysomething supposedly 14 y.o. kid (at least he acts that age) is far more annoying than Sapeod when he was 14.
I don't think he is. He's actually pretty nice.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #4245
country flag arm

Very good advice, George. I don't know why I didn't think about that before.
Closed Thread