When will Djokovic lose the number 1 position next year (2013)? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Djokovic lose #1 position next year (2013) and when

Right after the AO 4 9.09%
Right after RG 5 11.36%
After wimbledon but before the USO 4 9.09%
After the USO. 0 0%
He will keep it for the entire year 31 70.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #46
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will Djokovic lose the number 1 position next year (2013)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
I think his chances for No.1 for whole year consecutive are bigger than year ago, i mean after 2011 2/3 of the year he had fantastic and was only defending points.

In 2013 i can see him easily hold in 1st half of the year, even if he will be worse than this year, i think he should be consistent enough to make SF,F at most events. Nadal has virtually no chance to get No.1 in 1st half, because he is just defending and is far far behind total points wise.

Roger had great 1st half of 2012 and honestly he did it, was No.1 again, but i don´t see him again to make it

I would say biggest competition for Nole could be Murray, but at the moment he is also ,,far to behind,, point wise and we all know his clay season won´t be nothing special, so his chance can come in 2nd half of the year if he can win more big HC titles than Nole

My bet for whole 2013 is Nole to be No.1 for every week in the calendar year
2nd most likely scenario is Murray having great year and be No.1 at some point in 2nd half of the year
3rd scenario would be Nadal playing out of his mind defending in 1st half everything-or a lot and than have good 2nd part of the year

But 1st scenario is most likely if Nole will be healthy - i mean Murray always will be limited on clay - so will loose some points there and well Nadal is not better on HC than Andy or Nole- Roger won´t go for another No.1 attack for sure

Masterful post. You rarely see logic like this on these boards.

BRAVO MARINE, SAMO NAPRED MAJSTORE !!

Marin Cilic ~The Greatest Ballstriker of All Time
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #47
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
wait... Djokovic won the last 3 tournaments he played....? PARIS BRO

it wasn't that convincing, Bejiing weak field, SHanghai scraped past Murray. the WTF he played a great tournament I would agree, but judging overall by his 2012 we can certainly state that he played worse than in 2011. who expected him to keep playing that well? no one. but he declined a bit or at the very least as hit a middle ground level and has stuck there

his form of late hasn't indicated that he's going to hold onto the #1 ranking long term, if he falls early in Australia, Federer already will be breathing down his neck ranking wise
I said already, completely forgot about Paris (he simply tanked there, everyone knows it, c'mon Sam can't def. Djokovic even if you remove surgically Novaks legs_. still he did win Bejing, Shanghai and WTF. still don't understand your point about his form. sorry. define what 'convincing' is for you? he is the best player in the world. . #1, not good enough
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #48
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
it's annoying to anyone with a brain, only apes thump their chests like that, or are you conceding that Djokovic is just a mindless brute?
rain or no rain, Nadal would have won that match. it's dumb you say that though, if anything it started sprinkling at the end of the second set and the courts began to play much differently with the ball bouncing much lower favoring Djokovic. shouldn't have played at all in wet conditions. coming back the next day with normal conditions just verified that Djokovic can't beat the best of the best on clay when they are in form and the court is playing how it should

it's amusing how confident you are in Djokovic winning it in 2012 when he has reached only 1 final in his career there. he is not even on par with Soderling at that tournament yet
Do me a favour and STFU.It's annoying to hatas, sissies and delusional fangirls.That's how dominant male behave.They say that some apes constantly pick their butts.They also say that mindless brutes try to bump opponents and still lose.No1e would've won RG if it wasn't for the rain, it's dumb to say otherwise.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #49
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how anybody voted for the first option: right after the AO.

The only way Nole could lose the #1 right after the AO is if Roger wins the tournament AND Nole gets knocked out before the semis. How likely is that? Nole has made the semis in the last 10 Grand Slams he's played. It's not reasonable to think he'll lose before the semis in Australia, his favourite Grand Slam. It may happen, but it's unlikely.

If Nole loses in the semis in Australia, Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami, he'll lose 1920 points, even if Andy wins all of those tournaments, or Rafa does, or Roger does, together with Rotterdam (given that he's not playing Miami), they still won't pass him. So I think it's safe to say that Nole will keep the #1 at least until the clay season.

If Nole keeps losing in the semis in Monte Carlo, Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros, he'll lose another 960 points. Then he could be in trouble, but Roger would have to match his beginning of 2012 to pass Nole, and Andy would have to improve his results of 2012 dramatically: like winning Australia, Dubai and Miami and making the semis in Indian Wells, say. Rafa couldn't pass him either, he defends 2000 points and is 6000 points behind Nole.

So even assuming this poor performance by Nole, it doesn't look as if he could lose the #1 before RG.

I think the earliest he could lose it would be after Wimbledon.

But I don't think he will. I think he'll remain #1 all through the year. He's already defended the year-end #1, 2012 was not as good as 2011, so it'll be easier to defend the points, he's learned to deal with the commitments of being #1, there'll be less pressure on him: the pressure will be on Murray, to see whether he can win another grand slam title...All in all, I think 2013 will be an easier year for Nole than 2012.

At least I hope so.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #50
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

When Slamray takes his AO title

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #51
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
OK...So maybe you don't understand how rankings work.

If Murray wins the AO title, he'll add 1280 points to his total, because last year he earned 720 by virtue of his semifinal appearance. So he drops 720, gains 2000 for a net gain of 1280. Let's assume he defends his Brisbane title. So Murray would have, after AO 8000+1280=9280 points.

Now let's assume that Nole loses in the first round, better still, doesn't play the AO for whatever reason. Then he'll lose the 2000 points he won last year. Then he would have 12920-2000=10920 points.

So even in this situation, with Murray winning Brisbane and AO and Nole not playing at all, Murray would have 9280 points and Nole 10920 points at the end.

Not enough for Nole to lose his #1.

The thing is, Nole earned 4920 points more than Andy in 2012. It's a huge lead. Andy could pass Nole in 2013, of course, but it will take time. 4920 points is a lot of points to overcome.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #52
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Novak will be a slamless #1, just like Wozniacki.

Federer will win another grand slam.
Cilic is not a one slam wonder.

Last edited by GOATsol : 11-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #53
country flag MinioNole

MinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond repute

I think he'll retain it.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #54
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post

If Murray wins the AO title, he'll add 1280 points to his total, because last year he earned 720 by virtue of his semifinal appearance. So he drops 720, gains 2000 for a net gain of 1280. Let's assume he defends his Brisbane title. So Murray would have, after AO 8000+1280=9280 points.

Now let's assume that Nole loses in the first round, better still, doesn't play the AO for whatever reason. Then he'll lose the 2000 points he won last year. Then he would have 12920-2000=10920 points.

So even in this situation, with Murray winning Brisbane and AO and Nole not playing at all, Murray would have 9280 points and Nole 10920 points at the end.

The thing is, Nole earned 4920 points more than Andy in 2012. It's a huge lead. Andy could pass Nole in 2013, of course, but it will take time. 4920 points is a lot of points to overcome.
why do you even bother typing all of this Yolita? some people here just can't get it no matter what. .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #55
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Discuss.
Where is the option "he won't"?
Failed poll.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #56
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post

Specially since Nole is not likely to lose before semifinals of any important tournament. His consistency and excellence secure his no1 ranking as he has been making semis or better of almost every tournament he's played in. Talk about an achievement. None of the other 3 are close in that regard so his lead is safe for a long time bar some disaster.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #57
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
poor guy
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #58
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic could lose the AO, be slamless, and still be #1. I think he will defend it, though, and is more likely to lose #1 around RG/Wimbledon/USO.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #59
country flag Vesta

Vesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Djokovic is a horrible #1, is a horrible player and is horrible for the game, just admit it.
Actually, Andy is a horrible #3, he is a horrible player and is horrible for the game, just admit it he don't deserve to be at that place. Nadal is much better then him.
Mandy need Sandy, well you know, the big wind to keep his position . So, you better worry about your a little guy.
Déjà vu, again the same clown poll. You should ask if he is going to lose the number 1. position or not in 2013. instead of that you claim that he will lose it next year. This is precisely why the Federer fanbase is probably the worst arrogant fanbase of the website.
Did I wrote this before... déjà vu.

Last edited by Vesta : 11-22-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Vesta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #60
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
poor guy
Yeah poor Djokovic when he has lost his #1 and only slam to Murray.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote