If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal... - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #91
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
why not ? Even saw Novak in Sofia how drunk whisky whole night with his bodyguard.It was when he took a part in a movie. He is sick but smoke a CIGARETTE maybe because he enjoys himself.Who knows but i do not believe he is smoker
What does this have to do with anything? So he had a little bit of fun while filming a scene in a movie... I would too.

By the way, I thought you had said you took a photo of this night and would share it with us. Still waiting.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #92
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Federer just didn't like young Djokovic. He has never been disparaging towards youngsters in general. He has grown more respectful to Djokovic after he matured.
It was a bad call from Federer, to make comments like that. I'm sure he didn't like Novak, partly because of his retirements and partly because he saw that Nole was not afraid of him, or in awe of him like most players on the tour. But it's true that Novak has earned Roger's respect with time.

I appreciated Roger's comments to Novak after the WTF final very much. He said: "Congratulations, Novak, you're the best...I can't play much better than I did today".

That's amazingly gracious after such a painful defeat, and I know I'm not the only Nole fan who has a new-found respect for Roger after he said those words.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #93
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
partly because he saw that Nole was not afraid of him, or in awe of him like most players on the tour.
that's your way of seeing Roger as the bad guy, but I heard other things from guys working for sponsors : Novak told them "see this guy : I will have kicked him off in one year".

Call it "not being afraid of him" if you want,

but that's more aggressive than "not being in awe of him" as you say with the typical vision some fans of other players have from Fed as full of conceit enjoying others bending

Let's say that their story started in conflict, both with what happened in DC 2006 (I agree that Djokovic's health problems have been underrated by many ones but Djokovic admitted that he faked sometimes in that time, notably against Monfils in the US Open, it's not something which was entirely wrong)

and that way Djokovic put himself in frontal competition with him from the start.

Last edited by duong : 11-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #94
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
if you search older threads you'll find out. young Novak had all kind of health issues. that's why some guys still call him a Faker. first episode happened at DC and Fed said Nole was faking his injuries. As a Nole fan, I know what he had to go trough. allergies, gluten sh!t, breathing problems, you name it. Fed was very insensitive.

e.i. look at Soda being sick for so long, not being able to play at all. Nadal too. Novak has had legit health issues (I read about it a lot) but Fed was making fun of him at that time.
Novak definitely was not at peak athletic level or health at that time but you are partially wrong and partially right. I think there were moments when he genuinely didn't feel well on court BUT BUT that said, since he was having so many health issues, definitely there were moments when he was feeling ok/fine but losing where he tried to use it as an excuse and call the medical trainer. we know this because there are some infamous matches where he would sit down for a minute when in a bad position in the set and magically start running around perfectly a minute later. he definitely faked some but I do agree that there were some times where he really felt sick

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #95
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
It was a bad call from Federer, to make comments like that. I'm sure he didn't like Novak, partly because of his retirements and partly because he saw that Nole was not afraid of him, or in awe of him like most players on the tour. But it's true that Novak has earned Roger's respect with time.

I appreciated Roger's comments to Novak after the WTF final very much. He said: "Congratulations, Novak, you're the best...I can't play much better than I did today".

That's amazingly gracious after such a painful defeat, and I know I'm not the only Nole fan who has a new-found respect for Roger after he said those words.
Fed was very gracious. Kudos to him, but it took him some time to grow up too (referring to Nole here).
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #96
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
that's your way of seeing Roger as the bad guy, but I heard other things from guys working for sponsors : Novak told them "see this guy : I will have kicked him off in one year".
Nice. That just makes me like Novak more. You've gotta be a little cocky when you're vying for the top spot.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #97
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
Nice. That just makes me like Novak more. You've gotta be a little cocky when you're vying for the top spot.
actually I don't know what part was inspired by his family in this initial posture, they maybe thought it would be an effective marketing attitude.

What I admire most from Djokovic is precisely the way he has managed to distance himself from his family and get a really personal and also well-thought attitude. He's a very clever guy imo.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #98
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

That is because Fed never retired during the match and now Djokovic has grown up and he matured.You need to respect your opponent sometimes you win
sometimes you loss but that is the sport.It was good that Djokovic won it he proved that he is a POY .Federer did not need that again and i think he knows that very well. IMO they played good match and i love their rivalry much more than one with Rafa.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #99
country flag Depeche

Quote:
actually I don't know what part was inspired by his family in this initial posture, they maybe thought it would be an effective marketing attitude.

What I admire most from Djokovic is precisely the way he has managed to distance himself from his family and get a really personal and also well-thought attitude. He's a very clever guy imo.
That makes sense. He was what, 18-ish at that time?

Personally, I'd sort of like it if he went back to being a little more brash as he was in his earlier days. It would inject some spice into the game.

You're right that he puts forth a mature attitude and demeanor these days. People who are set on disliking him will still remember and fixate on his behavior (the retirements) and supposed attitude in his earlier days. Oh well.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #100
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
What does this have to do with anything? So he had a little bit of fun while filming a scene in a movie... I would too.

By the way, I thought you had said you took a photo of this night and would share it with us. Still waiting.
I do not think i can do that .The boy is #1 and this photo
on internet is not good for him at all. I can be his mother and would not like someone to do that to my son. So when one gets older maybe gets wiser as well.That is my opinion sorry
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #101
country flag Depeche

Quote:
I do not think i can do that .The boy is #1 and this photo
on internet is not good for him at all. I can be his mother and would not like someone to do that to my son. So when one gets older maybe gets wiser as well.That is my opinion sorry
Aww. I understand. I was just curious.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #102
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why not ? Even saw Novak in Sofia how drunk whisky whole night with his bodyguard.It was when he took a part in a movie. He is sick but smoke a CIGARETTE maybe because he enjoys himself.Who knows but i do not believe he is smoker
there can be only one heya on this forum.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #103
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Novak said that, I like him even more, that's the right attitude to go after the #1.

Quote:
Call it "not being afraid of him" if you want,

but that's more aggressive than "not being in awe of him" as you say with the typical vision some fans of other players have from Fed as full of conceit enjoying others bending
I'm only criticisisng Roger for what he said about Novak in 2006, which I still think was wrong from the #1 player, talking about an 18-year-old. There must be a reason why Novak got under Roger's skin so soon. That's my hypothesis.

I criticise the other players for waving a white flag when entering the court to play Roger. It was happening then. It still happens ... I don't think it's the right attitude for a top athlete. One thing is to be self-aware, another is to enter the court already defeated.

Roger wouldn't be human if he didn't enjoy that state of things. It's not his fault. It's the other players' fault. And they have paid the price, because even now, Roger is winning some matches with his name, not necessarily with his tennis.

Quote:
Let's say that their story started in conflict, both with what happened in DC 2006 (I agree that Djokovic's health problems have been underrated by many ones but Djokovic admitted that he faked sometimes in that time, notably against Monfils in the US Open, it's not something which was entirely wrong)
and that way Djokovic put himself in frontal competition with him from the start.
Of course their story started in conflict: Novak was after the #1, he never tried to hide it (I miss cocky Nole )
I'm sure Novak has faked in the past, same as Murray and others... I'm glad it's not happening so much now. But the way it was written about, you'd think it was the worst crime ever commited. The double standards in the tennis establishment are appalling. Just imagine what would happen if Novak said something similar about Harrison, or Tomic, or Raonic...

But I think Novak has been using the whole situation in his favour. After all, he has backed his former cockiness with his tennis. He's now #1, he's become very savvy, he's a great entertainer, he has a great personality and will be (already is) a huge asset for tennis for many years to come.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #104
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Nole had a mediocre season by his high standards and yet he managed to finish the year ranked number 1. Things can only get better for him in 2013. 2 slams a near certainty. Unless Rafa is fully recovered it's going to phenomenally hard to dislodge Nole from his beloved no.1 ranking in 2013.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #105
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nole had a mediocre season by his high standards and yet he managed to finish the year ranked number 1. Things can only get better for him in 2013. 2 slams a near certainty. Unless Rafa is fully recovered it's going to phenomenally hard to dislodge Nole from his beloved no.1 ranking in 2013.
Keep writing, man.