feds off season.. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute
Default feds off season..

I feel this offseason will be rejuvenating most for federer. He has gotten his game back to where he needs to beat the djokovic and murrays again. Lets remember he won't play qatar like he did last year and fucked up his back in that cold weather. Rather he'll get to australia early and prep which is all he needs to do.

Though he lost at the WTF to djoker I was impressed by fed's movement against murray and djoker and playing them back to back with no rest days and he nearly beat djoker had he had his pre uso open serve working for him. I feel roger resting his back he'll have the game to make the semis provided he can avoid berdych and del potro in the quarters. WTF was super slow and australia at least watching the video of earlier this year is definetely faster than WTF and with that roof closing is almost like an indoor court at times.

Fed must:

1. Rest and get his serve back to where it has been which he will since it
s sharp always for the first 6-7 months of the year to start with.

2. work on that movement which will get him in position to hit the running forehands that he keeps netting.

3. Draw nadal and hope he gets beaten before the semis and have murray and djoker have a 5 hour match.

3a: he's gotten better at that chip and charge and should do that more on break points and put the pressure of the opponents to hit a shot. He'd win more break points this way then he normally does in my opinion especially seeing what he did against murray.

4. He'll still be the underdog against djoker in the final but thats a final I actually want to see as we know nadal will be no compeition for djoker and no one wants to see a boring murray and djoker grindfest final. Plus nole and federer have onlly met in 1 grand slam final in the past.

Lets hope they meet again even though nole is likely to win I'd love to see an exciting match of theirs hopefully go 4 sets or something this time. But then roger can always rise and anythign is possible thats why we'll watch.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feds off season..

I do not think Fed is afraid of Del Potro or Berdych. Federer had just some problems with his body and said that twice.After US Open he did not have a proper rest.If it was Fed of last year the final would been 62 63 for Fed. But it does not matter Fed was in the final and it was extremely close one or two points he could won .I hope he is well and come back stronger for AO 13. Who knows he maybe lucky this time
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think Roger's off-season will be shit because he will play in a couple of exhibitions in South America and so can't take a break early in December.

These exhibitions are probably the reason why he'll not play in doha or some exhibition before the AO.

The AO starts in the 3rd week of January and Roger's last exho finishes in the 15th December so Roger was something like 4 weeks which is not a lot.

I know Roger hasn't been to South America yet but he could've waited a couple more years imo.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Novak had 18 winner and 23 UE but Federer had 30W/42UE more aces,47% returning points won the same as Novak. If you take two or three UE at the right time and you can get the win. This stats just show how aggressive Federer is and how passive Djokovic is. But it depends on your day form,mood and so on. At 31 Federer played toe to toe with Novak without day off and less 24 hours rest. So why not ? Novak was on the floor so many times and i love his expression on Fed hot point, It was just awesome.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

well I hope he works on hitting his forehand inside the service box which will get him short replies which he can exploit like ND does so well against RN so that he can finish at the net more often against the likes of Berdych,Tsonga,Murray and Djoker,Isner,Raonic

and I hope he stops going for those loopy backhands that floats right in the middle of the court begging for punishment and a backhand down the line more often would be welcome and training on the clay yes clay during the off season to challenge his footwork and return of serve will serve him well imho

oh and work on adding more body serves and slice serves to his game more often

Christie, Perry, Walker, all corrupted politicians. No wonder conservatives project so much on Obama.

Weird. The "partisan witch hunt" against Rick Perry is being led by Republican-appointees.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...complete.html/

Last edited by timafi : 11-20-2012 at 10:37 PM.
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
what a stupid thread. Fed lost fair and square to both Nole and Mandy. his serve will be back, right. oh, he should have won, oh he didn't. but, but he'll win the AO. yeah, and my mom will win lottery too. let's hope she'll share it with me.

really, get real before you post something so stupid. . Fed forum, as they said. nothing to talk here.

Look no one put a gun to your head. Don't post if you find this thread unbearable. Your in my cross hairs now. Why dont you go share something else with your mom now..
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
I

I know Roger hasn't been to South America yet but he could've waited a couple more years imo.
So you don't think people in this part of the world would like the opportunity to see arguably the best tennis player of all time at a point when he's not miles off being his best.

WE ARE PEOPLE TOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
Olympics SIngles GOLD is the most important criteria for this.
If one doesnt have it - He aint elite - pure and simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
So, Miloslav Mecir and Marc Rosset are elite, John McEnroe and Ival Lendl are not. Got you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
So Massu > Djokovic, Federer, Lendl, McEnroe, and Sampras
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote