The "RF" chat thread - Page 162 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #2416
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thanks for a wondeRFul season" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Nice work Karin I hate scammers too .They rob the people for their own greed
- yeah - and it always disgusts me how they abuse desperate people, especially in cases of job scams, as it mostly concerns victims who only recieve rejections on 12384712304712's of applications.

This one was a particularly sneaky one, I nearly fell for it myself. All internet-savvy folks know you shouldn't fall for a regular scam bait, but 'job scamming' is directed at truly desperate folks on the hunt of a job, on the verge of seeing their social welfare end soon, and as such, I think it's even worse.
So I just wonder how many folks have become victims of these crooks... damn I hate that sort of things so much!
I sent the scammers a mail that I would really like to sign their contract/offer, but only if they'd send me a picture of themselves with a dead tuna on their heads...

Fortunately, there's always "scam the scammers" - http://www.419eater.com/
Serves them well.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #2417
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Fortunately, there's always "scam the scammers" - http://www.419eater.com/
Serves them well.
wow! that's cool... I always thought it'd be fun to troll some of those guys!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #2418
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
No I'm not a fan of Novak.

This is an avatar forfeit because I lost a bet with another poster on MTF.
Upps

I should have had a look at your list in the favorite active players thread

I know why I don't bet

Quote:
I've had quite a bunch of friends having encountered accidents this year, as such I'm thinking of 2012 having been 'The Year of the Cast'

You were the first one. A month later, a good old friend of mine broke her leg in a nasty skiing accident, and then this summer, it was my BF's turn... even though he didn't get a cast himself, I think an operation and getting two 10 cm screws inserted in his hip counts for a 'cast' as well.
Quite enough horror to my friends to endure in one year's time I think!
I didn't knew about the ski accident of your friend. Hope she has recovered.

Quote:
Sounds great! No matter that you didn't get the box seats, it would have been awesome, but I realize that as Roger's retirement may well be getting closer (however much we don't like to think about it ), the request for even better tickets will only get bigger as long as he keeps on playing!
I try every year since 2008 to get the box seats again but unfortunately it's never meant to be

I would probably also never give up such a great seat like that so it's not a surprise that they aren't available.

Just proves again how lucky we were in 2008

Quote:
Well the tickets I scored for Rotterdam are pretty good as you know - about five rows down closer to the court from where we were sitting last year. Now let's just hope for him to indeed show up over there again. I think he will, lest something horrible happens (injuries, sickness), as tournament director Mr. Krajicek showed himself pretty happy with the ticket sales due to Mr. Federer's appearance this year - which broke all previous records.
I guess Roger isn't so-called 'old news' in Mr. K's opinion anymore, and won't be until he indeed retires.
Can't wait for Rotterdam and to meet everyone again

Do you remember the Canadian lady who was with Margo and Carol? She was also in Basel this year, adressed me but I didn't recognized her until she said that we got to meet in Rotterdam.
She won't be going to Rotterdam next year though.

It will be great to be nearer to the court even though our seats this year weren't bad at all. And we had great company around.

Quote:
Hope you'll have a great time over there Doris!
I think I will

Doris is currently trying to get us a hotel but she got a good offer from 2 other Swiss members who have a hotel in Geneve.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #2419
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I just want to tell everyone that I met a new friend at Roger's pre-match practice session on Monday. I asked this random person to help me take a photo with Roger and we started talking and it turned out we are both attending the same school now. I had lunch with her today and we spent the whole lunch talking about Roger. I've never had real-life friends who love him as much as me before so this is really awesome.
That's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
awww, that's nice. I don't have any real-life friends who are big Fed fans.
Same here Kat

I have friends though who follow now a bit the sports news.

When I came back from Basel I met a friend a few days later and she asked me about my days there and mentioned then that she knew that Roger lost in the final.

My parents followed tennis in the 80ies due to Boris Becker and Steffi Graf but not that much actually.

This year they watched the final from Halle because they wanted to see me in the crowd

My mother tells everyone how friendly Roger is and that he is always smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
can you believe most of my close friends right now are all Fed fans .We watch his important matches together Its really a lot of fun
Some of the Swiss fans I know also meet to watch important matches of Roger together but it would be a bit crazy for me to travel to Switzerland only to watch one match on TV with them

Quote:
Yeah, my dad played tennis when he was young, in some amateur league in Belgrade, before the ATP was even formed. He always watched tennis on TV so I watched with him as a little kid. That's why I've been watching even since the days of wooden racquets!
When did your parents went away from Belgrade Kat?

Quote:
My dad is a big hater ; he enjoys cheering against someone more than cheering for a favourite.
What's his username here on MTF?

A lot of people come to mind who would fit into the description

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Roger's hair. For real:

PeRFection

Quote:
BTW, is anyone planning on going to any tournaments next year?
I already have tickets for Rotterdam and Halle - well Karin has our tickets for Rotterdam and I have the ones for Halle - and I'm attending the DC 1st round. I still hope that Roger is going to play.

Then I'm planning to go to Basel again.

Quote:
I really am shooting for Wimbledon b/c it's always been a dream of mine to see Rog play there. And now we know he'll be first up on CC on Monday .
I would really like to attend a GS tournament but I'm not someone who wants to stay one week in a tent and line up for tickets so Wimbledon isn't really an option.

I have heard so many great things about the WTF but the tickets are really expensive and also the stay in London.

During a year I already pay quite some money for travelling, hotels and tickets and I don't want to exaggerate even though it's tempting.

You really become addictive once you went to a tournament

Quote:
I've got great tickets for Rotterdam 2013, and be sure I'll be meeting some fantastic fans over there - Doris, Margo , among some of them.
And of course, Halle!
Even if Roger doesn't show up over there - mostly because of him having done well at RG - it's such a great, friendly tournament, with lots of folks I know showing up over there.
Halle is so cheap compared to any of the tournaments I go to. The tickets for the whole week only cost 320 € and we pay 25 € for our sleeping place.
That's really nothing compared to Basel.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #2420
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I would really like to attend a GS tournament but I'm not someone who wants to stay one week in a tent and line up for tickets so Wimbledon isn't really an option.

I have heard so many great things about the WTF but the tickets are really expensive and also the stay in London.
You can get tickets to Wimby (or at least ground entry) simply by turning up on the day. I usually get there by 8.30 and have never had any trouble getting in yet. If you want, you can spend all day in the returned-tickets queue to get a ticket for Centre Court or Court No. 1 - you'd be surprised how early some people leave :-). The bottom-price WTF tickets are the same price as Wimbledon ground entry - I know which I'd rather have.

As for staying in London, if you go somewhere outside central London (say Croydon, because it's right on the tram link to Wimby) you should be able to get somewhere cheap like a Travelodge for £19 and upwards per night ... Not that you'd want to spend any more time than you have to in a Travelodge, but at least they're cheap - my family have done it in the past when visiting me.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #2421
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When did your parents went away from Belgrade Kat?
78 initially for a few years; and then 1983 for good.
Quote:
What's his username here on MTF?
A lot of people come to mind who would fit into the description
I know, he'd be an epic GM troll poster. Hope he never gets the idea to make an account here. It'd be so embarrassing; but at least it'd be brief -- the permaban would be swift!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #2422
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, guys, just a few hours left! Vote for Roger the Dodger at the ACC.

Not everybody's as lucky as Looner and Goat=Fed to not be bothered about rd 1.

Trippy and I could use help.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #2423
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Come on, guys, just a few hours left! Vote for Roger the Dodger at the ACC.

Not everybody's as lucky as Looner and Goat=Fed to not be bothered about rd 1.

Trippy and I could use help.
sorry, RtD but you don't stand a chance against safin-rules anyways. The contest is fun but you're taking it way too seriously. Just have fun laughing at others in the chat thread; you don't belong in the draw anyways (that's a good thing )
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #2424
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to make it past the first round.

Fed_Ds, I intend to go to Wimbledon next year. How do we get CC tickets for the first day though? I'm thinking of buying it (probably at an inflated price ) from those sports travel agencies things.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #2425
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't want to make it past the first round.

Fed_Ds, I intend to go to Wimbledon next year. How do we get CC tickets for the first day though? I'm thinking of buying it (probably at an inflated price ) from those sports travel agencies things.
Why don't you camp overnight in the queue? That's meant to be one of the legendary things to do at Wimbledon!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #2426
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

And have no access to a clean toilet and shower? And no bed?!?!?! I am too much of a princess for that.

...then again, it is for Roger...

Hmm...
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #2427
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well if you ever catch me carrying an avvy of Almagro, you'll know what happened.
Haha, well this is the last day of this avatar. I'm going to change it tomorrow.

Quote:
Upps

I should have had a look at your list in the favorite active players thread

I know why I don't bet
You needn't have. My responsibility as it's my mistake!

Fun bets are well… fun, but yeah, I try not to go further than that.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #2428
country flag The Prince

Quote:
And have no access to a clean toilet and shower? And no bed?!?!?! I am too much of a princess for that.

Hmm...
You have to go through the farm to see the goat…

But there are all sorts of ballots you can enter for Wimbledon tickets. Just don't trust online resale agencies for Wimbledon. First of all, it's illegal, secondly, it's way overpriced.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #2429
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

^^ yes I was planning to queue.
I'm going to enter the ballot too...need to look into that
Quote:

Hmm...
the girl I met at Bercy says she rents a hotel room for showers and stuff but for me that seems like a waste, unless you split it with a group.
I noticed some people on RF.com who went this year just paid to use a gym/rec center to shower like every other day.

I've only been camping twice in my whole life and it was okay. I don't own a tent but will ask one of my friends to borrow one. I think it would be worth it for sure and so much fun .

Does anyone know when ppl start camping out for Wimbledon? Since Rog is opening monday I was thinking at least be there by Thursday to be guaranteed a ticket?
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #2430
country flag The Prince

I wouldn't have thought people would be that keen! I usually hear of people queuing on Saturday and getting in just fine, but don't hold me to that, and this is Federer, so things are likely to be different.

Never really fancied camping to queue, to be honest.