Richard Gasquet in the top 10 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #61
country flag guy in sf

guy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond reputeguy in sf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Gasquet in the top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Now that I look at it, yes, that's correct. Gasquet only got into the top 10 due to them not defending points and falling below him. They fell, he didn't climb.
That is the most stupid statement I've ever heard, do you really follow tennis dude?
You made it sound like Gasquet got in the top 10 SIMPLY by having others close to his ranking fail, like he had nothing to do with his ranking. The ranking system doesn't work like that. Everyone has to defend the points they won in the previous year and if Gasquet didn't win enough in 2012 it wouldn't matter if those other guys defended their points or not he would not be in the top 10 if he didn't win as much as he had this season to remain close enough to take advantage of those around him not able to defend their points. If they didn't defend their points then Gasquet must have defended enough points on his own to make it matter.

Just give it up dude!
guy in sf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #62
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Sapeod, Gasquet's Top 10 spot was obvious before Paris. He was Top 10 in the Race for a while, and it was obvious he was gonna be Top 10 in the Rankings after last year's point would have dropped out. Almagro needed a good Paris to change this possibility, but since you didn't follow Paris, the fact that Gasquet was Top 10 potential then should have remained imprinted into your mind.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #63
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now that I look at it, yes, that's correct. Gasquet only got into the top 10 due to them not defending points and falling below him. They fell, he didn't climb.
Peaking for the ACC, go for it
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #64
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Peaking for the ACC, go for it
yup, he has no clue but he has to talk about Mandy, it's called OCD

anyway, expected so much more from Richie. I really like him so much. I thought, back in 2006 that he was going to be a big deal. After Nole, my fav. player. but I gave up on Gasquet. you just never know what to expect from him. my biggest problem is that he just doesn't care . sure he'll stay around for a while but he'll achieve nothing I'm afraid
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #65
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
my biggest problem is that he just doesn't care . sure he'll stay around for a while but he'll achieve nothing I'm afraid
I don't think so, he is what he is. If somebody expected he's the next Federer, that was completely unrealistic in the first place
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #66
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Paying out the 'inflated' ranking of back end top 10 players is becoming a strong MTF tradition. Cilic, Fish, Tipsarevic, Almagro, Monaco and now Gasquet have all fallen victim. Wawrinka and Verdasco also got some flak.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #67
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Paying out the 'inflated' ranking of back end top 10 players is becoming a strong MTF tradition. Cilic, Fish, Tipsarevic, Almagro, Monaco and now Gasquet have all fallen victim. Wawrinka and Verdasco also got some flak.
Ferrer probably did also, back in 2006 whn he first entered top-10. Not that he's not getting it now....
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #68
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hopefully, Almagro wins his next match in the Spain/Czech tie and boots him out of there.
NO
Quote:
Almagro is the better player and deserves a top 10 spot more. Hopefully, he'll get it after his next match. Since they've both got the same amount of points, all he needs to do is beat Stepanek to get back in there.
NO
Quote:
Hopefully, Spain wins their tie tomorrow and Almagro leapfrogs Gasquet, pushing him out of the top 10. Hopefully, after the tie, Almagro will end up in the top 10.
NO

Gasquet is year-end top 10!!!!!!!

Radek

Sapeod

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #69
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Actually Sapeod, Gasquet's Top 10 spot was obvious before Paris. He was Top 10 in the Race for a while, and it was obvious he was gonna be Top 10 in the Rankings after last year's point would have dropped out. Almagro needed a good Paris to change this possibility, but since you didn't follow Paris, the fact that Gasquet was Top 10 potential then should have remained imprinted into your mind.
It's not a question of Sapeod not following Paris. It should be clear to everyone on here, he doesn't follow tennis at all.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #70
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Richard Gasquet in the top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy in sf View Post
That is the most stupid statement I've ever heard, do you really follow tennis dude?
Yes, I do. A lot.
Quote:
You made it sound like Gasquet got in the top 10 SIMPLY by having others close to his ranking fail, like he had nothing to do with his ranking. The ranking system doesn't work like that. Everyone has to defend the points they won in the previous year and if Gasquet didn't win enough in 2012 it wouldn't matter if those other guys defended their points or not he would not be in the top 10 if he didn't win as much as he had this season to remain close enough to take advantage of those around him not able to defend their points. If they didn't defend their points then Gasquet must have defended enough points on his own to make it matter.
Gasquet lost early in Paris and so did Isner and Monaco who lost a lot of points. He leapfrogged them because they lost early. Simple as that.
Quote:
Just give it up dude!
Because people don't agree with me, I should give up? Don't make me laugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
If Monaco and Isner did well in Paris again, they wouldn't have lost their points and would've stayed above him, since he lost early and didn't gain many points. As far as I can see, Gasquet got into the top 10 because they lost points, not because he gained any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post
NO

NO

NO
Yes, yes and yes.
Quote:
Gasquet is year-end top 10!!!!!!!

Radek

Sapeod
As I said, it's a shame to an otherwise good top 10 (not including Nadal and Djokovic who are awful for tennis but are obviously the big guns because hardly anyone can beat them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
It's not a question of Sapeod not following Paris. It should be clear to everyone on here, he doesn't follow tennis at all.
You're implying I don't follow tennis at all? That's ridiculous. I obviously follow tennis

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #71
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If Monaco and Isner did well in Paris again, they wouldn't have lost their points and would've stayed above him,
If statements are very useful for manipulating arugments. If Gasquet had won every match he played this year he would've finished as world number one. If Gasquet had played Nice he wouldn't have dropped points. If.... You can't start an argument off with If, its stupid. "If Gasquet had made that shot he would've won the match" well he didn't.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #72
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
If statements are very useful for manipulating arugments. If Gasquet had won every match he played this year he would've finished as world number one. If Gasquet had played Nice he wouldn't have dropped points. If.... You can't start an argument off with If, its stupid. "If Gasquet had made that shot he would've won the match" well he didn't.
I don't care. Fact is, they lost early and so did Gasquet. Gasquet lost points while Isner and Monaco lost even more because they did well last year. He leapfrogged them because they lost early. Simple as that.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #73
Slacker

Quote:
I don't care. Fact is, they lost early and so did Gasquet. Gasquet lost points while Isner and Monaco lost even more because they did well last year. He leapfrogged them because they lost early. Simple as that.
The worst thing is you're not even kidding, you're genuinely clueless

These are the year-end rankings, and Gasquet collected more points during 2012 than those bellow him. Doesn't matter who defended what.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #74
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
The worst thing is you're not even kidding, you're genuinely clueless

These are the year-end rankings, and Gasquet collected more points during 2012 than those bellow him. Doesn't matter who defended what.
Well said
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #75
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
for some devious reasons I like reading your posts. Gasquet being a real top 10 is a pain in the ass for many disgruntled MTF lurkers like you and i like it a lot
Almagro losing in ridiculous fashion to a semi-retired 40-somethin guy is a testimony to his utter mugginess. He is 1-19 vs top 4 and there is nothing you can argue against that. 1-19

Gasquet #10
Almagro mug #1

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote