Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 59 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #871
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Trips, you know me, most of the players I support have three digit rankings, so I'm always happy with a ground pass to the slams, or even to go to qualies, absolutely free.

Glad you enjoyed the tennis, I sympathise with the men, though. It's always difficult playing with a lady.

I've finished up tennis for the season, more-or-less (might play a couple more times just sicially), and I'm pretty pleased with how much I've improved in the last year. Definitely the most noticeable yearly change I've ever made. Funny you should say your serve really sucks, because I've finally cracked mine. Just practice, practice and practice more.

You should come to Kew Gardens with me!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #872
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Trips, you know me, most of the players I support have three digit rankings, so I'm always happy with a ground pass to the slams, or even to go to qualies, absolutely free.
Yes I know. WTF isn't your cup of tea then.

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed the tennis, I sympathise with the men, though. It's always difficult playing with a lady.
Really? I felt a bit like a burden. They didn't really serve significantly less hard to me or anything though. Thankfully their first serves were out half the time.

Quote:
I've finished up tennis for the season, more-or-less (might play a couple more times just sicially), and I'm pretty pleased with how much I've improved in the last year. Definitely the most noticeable yearly change I've ever made. Funny you should say your serve really sucks, because I've finally cracked mine. Just practice, practice and practice more.
I've kinda given up on getting the serve right and when I'm forced to serve, I focus only on getting it in. I'm glad you've improved. Why do you have an end of season though? Don't you train regularly?

Quote:
You should come to Kew Gardens with me!
Did you really just say that?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #873
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Yes I know. WTF isn't your cup of tea then.
It would be foolish not to go even once while it's in London, though.

Quote:
Really? I felt a bit like a burden. They didn't really serve significantly less hard to me or anything though. Thankfully their first serves were out half the time.
Too many social players just whack their first serves and it seldom goes in. I rarely hit it as hard as I can, because I know my percentage would just drop too low.

Quote:
I've kinda given up on getting the serve right and when I'm forced to serve, I focus only on getting it in. I'm glad you've improved. Why do you have an end of season though? Don't you train regularly?
I wouldn't give up on the serve. There isn't a more crucial shot in the whole sport, so it's not ideal that you choose to give up on it.

I will still play through the winter, just nowhere near as much. When I say I have stopped, I have stopped competing.

Quote:
Did you really just say that?
Yes.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #874
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It would be foolish not to go even once while it's in London, though.
We can go together. Already planning to get first row seats for next year.

Quote:
Too many social players just whack their first serves and it seldom goes in. I rarely hit it as hard as I can, because I know my percentage would just drop too low.
Yeah, that's true. It either goes out or goes into the net. Good for me though - a guy's first serve is really scary to return.

Quote:
I wouldn't give up on the serve. There isn't a more crucial shot in the whole sport, so it's not ideal that you choose to give up on it.
It's just too hard. My problem is still the ball toss. I can't toss it consistently in the correct position. And I'm too lazy to practise haha. Not to mention it's so hard to play tennis here - cold, no access to courts, etc. I'm gonna play SO much tennis when I go back to Singapore. I have missed perspiring like crazy under the sun and in the humidity.

Quote:
I will still play through the winter, just nowhere near as much. When I say I have stopped, I have stopped competing.
Do you play for your school or something?

Quote:
Yes.
When is the best time to go?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #875
country flag The Prince

Quote:
We can go together. Already planning to get first row seats for next year.
As long as it's for the GOAT, or any bearable player for that matter.

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. It either goes out or goes into the net. Good for me though - a guy's first serve is really scary to return.
Yeah, indeed. It's always a joy to play against someone who can't make their first serve.

I find returning really tricky, though, but it's the variation in serve that does it. One point the opponent is bombing it down the tee, the next point he's kicking it up high to the backhand.

Quote:
It's just too hard. My problem is still the ball toss. I can't toss it consistently in the correct position. And I'm too lazy to practise haha. Not to mention it's so hard to play tennis here - cold, no access to courts, etc. I'm gonna play SO much tennis when I go back to Singapore. I have missed perspiring like crazy under the sun and in the humidity.
Bah, the toss is not easy, especially as its easy to get into a habit of throwing it into the wrong place or too low, but if you aren't willing to practice, nothing will ever get better.

Central London is a nightmare for tennis, I have to admit.

Quote:
Do you play for your school or something?
Yes, but I also play for a club and individually, too.

Quote:
When is the best time to go?
I am particularly fond of it in March, right at the beginning of spring when everything is starting to flower. So beautiful.

Leave a March day free in your schedule, then.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #876
country flag tripwires

Quote:
As long as it's for the GOAT, or any bearable player for that matter.
Only the GOAT is worth it.

Quote:
Yeah, indeed. It's always a joy to play against someone who can't make their first serve.
Yeah that was exactly why I always played sets with this guy who couldn't serve that well back home. Otherwise I'd be severely disadvantaged which means I'd lose which means there's no point in playing.

Quote:
I find returning really tricky, though, but it's the variation in serve that does it. One point the opponent is bombing it down the tee, the next point he's kicking it up high to the backhand.
This reminds me that I got aced. I was expecting a wide serve but the guy hit a bomb down the T. How do you anticipate where the guy will serve to? Is it just a guessing game? Or do some players have a certain pattern that you figure out after a few points?
Quote:
Bah, the toss is not easy, especially as its easy to get into a habit of throwing it into the wrong place or too low, but if you aren't willing to practice, nothing will ever get better.
You are right. Practice makes close-to-perfect.

Quote:
Central London is a nightmare for tennis, I have to admit.
Nightmare is an understatement. It's expensive as well.

Quote:
I am particularly fond of it in March, right at the beginning of spring when everything is starting to flower. So beautiful.

Leave a March day free in your schedule, then.
No problem. What do you know, my schedule is wide open in March. I can't wait to experience the four seasons for the first time ever!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #877
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Rog would come to India I cant afford to go to Dubai this year
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #878
country flag tripwires

If I waited for him to go to Asia, I would never see him live or in person. Coming to London is one of the best decisions I've ever ever EVER made in my life.

Winnie, I just realised you removed Nole from your sig.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #879
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Only the GOAT is worth it.
I've only ever seen Federer live, once, so it would be great to do it ant least once more.

Quote:
Yeah that was exactly why I always played sets with this guy who couldn't serve that well back home. Otherwise I'd be severely disadvantaged which means I'd lose which means there's no point in playing.
That's a poor attitude. Losing is part of the game.

Quote:
This reminds me that I got aced. I was expecting a wide serve but the guy hit a bomb down the T. How do you anticipate where the guy will serve to? Is it just a guessing game? Or do some players have a certain pattern that you figure out after a few points?
The ball toss reveals what spin they are going to put on the ball, and how closed (or open) their racquet face is on contact reveals what direction they will serve in. The rest is up to your reactions, but it's by no means as easy as I make it sound.

Quote:
You are right. Practice makes close-to-perfect.
Not always true, but what's the harm in trying?

Quote:
Nightmare is an understatement. It's expensive as well.
At least it will give you something extra to look forward to upon returning home!

Quote:
No problem. What do you know, my schedule is wide open in March. I can't wait to experience the four seasons for the first time ever!
We should seriously do it. It's beautiful, especially when the weather is nice, and definitely my favourite place in London.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #880
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If I waited for him to go to Asia, I would never see him live or in person. Coming to London is one of the best decisions I've ever ever EVER made in my life.

Winnie, I just realised you removed Nole from your sig.
I just found the perfect place to do further studies then .Too bad he would have retired by then since its at least 2014

he is still me number 2 , just wanted to give space to my other favourites I wishhe would come to India though since I am pretty sure WTF tickets would cost a fortune .
Why don't you visit Wimbledon next year ,that place is heaven on earth for a tennis fan

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #881
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

George I have seen Fed about 4 times but I always prefer to watch him as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #882
country flag The Prince

Winnie, Fed is definitely the best player to see live.

I've seen the Tsongas and Cilics of this world so many times, but it just doesn't compare to seeing what Roger does live. It's so difficult to appreciate his footwork on the TV and also the spin he puts on the ball.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #883
country flag tripwires

Quote:
I've only ever seen Federer live, once, so it would be great to do it ant least once more.
I wish I could do it all the time.

Quote:
That's a poor attitude. Losing is part of the game.
I know, but I hate to lose - in anything.

Quote:
The ball toss reveals what spin they are going to put on the ball, and how closed (or open) their racquet face is on contact reveals what direction they will serve in. The rest is up to your reactions, but it's by no means as easy as I make it sound.
It all looks the same to me. GB needs more tennis talents on the global stage - you could be the next Murray.

Quote:
At least it will give you something extra to look forward to upon returning home!
I'm already looking forward to it.

Quote:
We should seriously do it. It's beautiful, especially when the weather is nice, and definitely my favourite place in London.
I will bookmark this post and quote it when March comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I just found the perfect place to do further studies then .Too bad he would have retired by then since its at least 2014
He's gonna play until he's 50.

Seriously though, I hope we'll have at least 4 more years of him. 35 isn't too old to be still competing, right?
Quote:
he is still me number 2 , just wanted to give space to my other favourites I wishhe would come to India though since I am pretty sure WTF tickets would cost a fortune .
It looks like you bumped him for good. Why can't you add your other favourites and still keep his name there? I doubt Roger would go to anywhere in Asia (except Shanghai) unless he's invited to play an exho. Actually, there are so many tennis players in India, so that could really happen. It would give me an added incentive to go to India too.

Quote:
Why don't you visit Wimbledon next year ,that place is heaven on earth for a tennis fan
I plan on doing that but CC tickets are expensive and so hard to get.

Quote:
Winnie, Fed is definitely the best player to see live.

I've seen the Tsongas and Cilics of this world so many times, but it just doesn't compare to seeing what Roger does live. It's so difficult to appreciate his footwork on the TV and also the spin he puts on the ball.
Yeah I totally agree. I'm not being biased at all when I say that watching Roger live is so different from watching the other top players. I miss watching him already.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #884
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

'sup gimps
White knight Mark Lenders crew
Lifts at 1:00 am so I don't have to interact with anyone crew
Get nervous as fuk when I have to say hi to the gym receptionist crew
Too many clowns, not enough time to own them crew
Anti PopCon crew
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #885
country flag The Prince

Quote:
I wish I could do it all the time.
I know what you mean, watching him draws you into a state of day-dreaming, and before you realise it, the match is over and he's sent the mug on the other side if the net packing, 3&2.

Quote:
I know, but I hate to lose - in anything.
I used to be such a sore loser and a little shit, to be honest. These days I'm much better, accept losing as part of the game and moving on.

Quote:
It all looks the same to me. GB needs more tennis talents on the global stage - you could be the next Murray.
If I was a) good enough and b) wanted to be a pro tennis player, I would not be the next Murray. As much as I like Andy, he's not somebody I'd appreciate being compared to. I'm far more charming, eloquent and handsome than he is, for a start, and my tennis is much prettier, too.

Quote:
I'm already looking forward to it.
Do you think about home that much?

Quote:
I will bookmark this post and quote it when March comes around.
Fine, do it. March is a long time away, and it might get lost in your bookmarks. But I'm deadly serious about it…

Quote:
Yeah I totally agree. I'm not being biased at all when I say that watching Roger live is so different from watching the other top players. I miss watching him already.
Definitely. People always talk about 'variety' especially with Roger, but you can't truly appreciate the variation in his game until you watch him live at a different angle to the TV camera.