TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Congrats to 156mphserve and Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #151
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Day 2 questions - Post 119 - Deadline Monday 6pm CET

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I agree with Bruno here. You essentially he's only playing against 1 player, but that will be the better player of the 2, so his score would have to be better than both of the other 2, so he has to beat 2 players while other people only has to beat 1 which I don't think is fair to Bruno.

Maybe you could have a tiebreaker question for the other 2. First person to answer correctly advances. If both are around at the time of posting of that question anyway
I think that's unfair to 2 people who got 14/15 questions correct in favor of the one who got 5 over walkover... considering that I'm pretty sure that I just sent 15 correct answers for day 2.
Nixer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #152
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Day 2 questions - Post 119 - Deadline Monday 6pm CET

Quote:
I agree with Bruno here. You essentially he's only playing against 1 player, but that will be the better player of the 2, so his score would have to be better than both of the other 2, so he has to beat 2 players while other people only has to beat 1 which I don't think is fair to Bruno.

Maybe you could have a tiebreaker question for the other 2. First person to answer correctly advances. If both are around at the time of posting of that question anyway
Well played 156mphserve! I have no regret.. 15 good answer, I am impressed.

Considering the fact, I agree with Nixer, I think that it is more interesting if you take into account the results of the two players.. because in other case, it is not a double but a single (I mean, you can win alone against 2 players)..

Last edited by supertom : 11-18-2012 at 09:14 PM.
supertom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #153
country flag BrunoBeidacki

BrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it is singles... I never said I would have to beat two guys together, I just said I would have to score more than two other people and that's just not the way it works.

Besides that, Nixer, the question is not how many points you scored more than me, after all, you were playing against Cheeky Chick, not me. I won my match, it doesn't matter how and you didn't win yours.

The fair thing to do would be have a tiebreak separated than tomorrow's picks, but I'm not going to keep arguing about that because this is only a tournament which is suppose to be fun.

Tennis Tipping Results:
Win: BEIJING (Singles)
PARIS (Doubles w/AdeyC), 4 CHALLENGERS in Doubles
RUNNER-UP: ROLAND GARROS 2012 (Doubles w/AdeyC)
-
CLEZAR
JANOWICZ
BrunoBeidacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #154
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Bruno is completely correct here in that he was playing a first round match against ESimp - and he won against ESimp, there is no doubt whatsoever on that.

The first round scores of Nixer/Cheeky Chick only apply to each other in their first round match, and have nothing to do with the second round. If Nixer lost the 1R his 2R picks will not apply for singles because he will be out of the singles event.

It is now early morning in Leo's timezone - so when he's next online, it will be up to him to decide how to sort out how to proceed with the winner of Nixer/Cheeky Chick.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #155
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Plus what happened if Cheeky and Nixer both score the same tomorrow, you gonna advance both to the next round depending on whoever scores the most that round getting there?

The essence of TT is that you have to be better than 1 player, and you win. Here Bruno has to beat 2 people, if he's worse than 1, and better than the other he will lose which is not really the way TT is made to work.

I understand that's there's not really a good way to break the tie, but imo you should come up with something independant of tomorrow's questions to determine the winner of Nixer/Cheeky because if tomorrow's questions are used that's not fair to Bruno

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #156
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

These questions are easier than yesterdays. Easier to find the answers anyway. I'm expecting more people to get all 15 this time.

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 11-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #157
country flag BrunoBeidacki

BrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the support 156mphserve!

Tennis Tipping Results:
Win: BEIJING (Singles)
PARIS (Doubles w/AdeyC), 4 CHALLENGERS in Doubles
RUNNER-UP: ROLAND GARROS 2012 (Doubles w/AdeyC)
-
CLEZAR
JANOWICZ
BrunoBeidacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #158
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

At least I didn't totally embarass myself lol..especially since I gave up and started just pulling names from thin air lol

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #159
country flag Cheeky Chick

Cheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm.... it's not easy for anyone, especially when you've spent hours searching for the answers!!

And when some matches were decided by missing picks

Anyway, isn't Nixer vs CC to be decided by using the round 2 questions as a tie break.

Then whoever wins plays round 2 against Bruno.

I agree there could be more problems....

Nixer says he has 15 correct already, and I could have too......

TT-Doubles 134th 2013 Won Sao Paulo R/Up Poznan, '12 Won-Delray Beach, AO-3R, R/up Kazan, Bucharest, Busan, Tampere 2011 Winston-Salem,Tampere,RU Costa do Sauipe
DTT-Singles 15th,Doubles 1st 2014 AO,RG, Wimbledon '10 Cherbourg,Meknes,Tanger, RU Palermo,Bergamo,Burnie,SaoPaulo

Suicide Tennis 31st, '13 Washington, Stockholm, , 2011 Sydney (2010 Dubai & Doha)
FITD 4th, 2014 RG, 2013 Washington 2011 Belgrade......PAW 47th 2012 Chennai, Beijing 2011 Munich, R/up Bangkok(2010 Toronto)
Cheeky Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #160
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question: For those of you who got the question from yesterday about the player who played 3 matches in 1 day, where/how did you find that?! I searched forever and couldn't get it!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #161
country flag 156mphserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Just a question: For those of you who got the question from yesterday about the player who played 3 matches in 1 day, where/how did you find that?! I searched forever and couldn't get it!
MTF is your friend(I used MTF to find 3 answers). For that one I went to the challenger forum, and used the search function and searched "3 matches in 1 day" and found the Nottingham thread as the 5th or 6th thread returned. It took some time having to go through the first few and realize they were not right, but when I got to Nottingham I saw a post about people talking about 3 matches in 1 day by Matosevic. Took maybe 20 minutes.

I remembered that happening this year but couldn't remember the player but remembered it was talked about on MTF so that's why I searched here

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #162
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MTF is your friend(I used MTF to find 3 answers). For that one I went to the challenger forum, and used the search function and searched "3 matches in 1 day" and found the Nottingham thread as the 5th or 6th thread returned. It took some time having to go through the first few and realize they were not right, but when I got to Nottingham I saw a post about people talking about 3 matches in 1 day by Matosevic. Took maybe 20 minutes.

I remembered that happening this year but couldn't remember the player but remembered it was talked about on MTF so that's why I searched here
I did that exact same thing and got nothing!

However, great job!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #163
country flag Cheeky Chick

Cheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCheeky Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
I did that exact same thing and got nothing!

However, great job!
And so did I

TT-Doubles 134th 2013 Won Sao Paulo R/Up Poznan, '12 Won-Delray Beach, AO-3R, R/up Kazan, Bucharest, Busan, Tampere 2011 Winston-Salem,Tampere,RU Costa do Sauipe
DTT-Singles 15th,Doubles 1st 2014 AO,RG, Wimbledon '10 Cherbourg,Meknes,Tanger, RU Palermo,Bergamo,Burnie,SaoPaulo

Suicide Tennis 31st, '13 Washington, Stockholm, , 2011 Sydney (2010 Dubai & Doha)
FITD 4th, 2014 RG, 2013 Washington 2011 Belgrade......PAW 47th 2012 Chennai, Beijing 2011 Munich, R/up Bangkok(2010 Toronto)
Cheeky Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #164
country flag Hidalgo

Hidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond reputeHidalgo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys. Question №14 has 2 answers. i have corrected, but both answers should accepted, of course
DTT(S/D): Titles (1/1)
SUICIDE: Titles (3)
PAW: Titles (3)

Last edited by Hidalgo : 11-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Hidalgo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #165
country flag Eddy DoubleD

Eddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalgo View Post
Sorry guys. Question №14 has 2 answers. i has corrected, but both answers should accepted, of course
That's funny because I couldn't find for sure the answer so I picked some random name I'm too tired to think at this hour.

Grigor Dimitrov | Bernard Tomic | Kei Nishikori | Ernests Gulbis
Jiri Vesely | Nick Kirgyos | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Alexander Zverev

[TT]: Singles - Entry #79 Doubles - Entry #177 Partner: ?
[DTT]: Singles - Entry #24 Doubles - Entry #17 Partner: lucian_iasi
[FITD]: Entry #40 Race #39
[PAW]: Entry #32
[Suicide Tennis]: Entry #26 Race #37
[Challenger Challenge]: #10
Eddy DoubleD is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote