Davis Cup F: Berdych/Stepanek (CZE) def Granollers/Lopez (ESP) 3-6 7-5 7-5 6-3 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup F: Berdych/Stepanek (CZE) def Granollers/Lopez (ESP) 3-6 7-5 7-5 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Berdych and Stepanek have now won 12 doubles matches out of 13 together in the Davis Cup since they first teamed up in 2007, including 4 wins out of 4 this year. Very impressive stuff. Their only defeat together was against Spain on clay in 2009 final.

The Czechs taking a 2-1 lead into the final day was the best possible scenario for me. Hopefully they can get the job done tomorrow and win their first ever Davis Cup title as an independent nation, and seal the Hopman-Fed-Davis Cup hat-trick.

Nothing against the Spanish team, but they have won this competition 3 times in the last 4 years, and 5 times in the last 12. It's time for someone else to win it.
REALLY ? THEY won Fed cup and Hopman cup too this year ?

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup F: Berdych/Stepanek (CZE) def Granollers/Lopez (ESP) 3-6 7-5 7-5 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
REALLY ? THEY won Fed cup and Hopman cup too this year ?
Yes Berdych and Kvitova won the Hopman Cup together in January, and their women won their 2nd straight Fed Cup title two weeks ago. it would be an incredible achievement if they can pull it off, which I hope they do.

Obviously money talks, but it seems crazy that there are currently no ATP or WTA tournaments held in the Czech Republic, which has such a strong tennis history, and is such a strong tennis nation at the moment as well.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Berdych and Stepanek have now won 12 doubles matches out of 13 together in the Davis Cup since they first teamed up in 2007, including 4 wins out of 4 this year. Very impressive stuff. Their only defeat together was against Spain on clay in 2009 final.

The Czechs taking a 2-1 lead into the final day was the best possible scenario for me. Hopefully they can get the job done tomorrow and win their first ever Davis Cup title as an independent nation, and seal the Hopman-Fed-Davis Cup hat-trick.

Nothing against the Spanish team, but they have won this competition 3 times in the last 4 years, and 5 times in the last 12. It's time for someone else to win it.
oh I forgot Big Berd won the Hopman cup with Azarenka. Surprising they didn't play mixed doubles in the Olympics (which the Czech won anyway)

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #19
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
oh I forgot Big Berd won the Hopman cup with Azarenka. Surprising they didn't play mixed doubles in the Olympics (which the Czech won anyway)
You're fucking hilarious, Robert.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Bird/Sexy in 4
This result was NID

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Granollers-Lopez are fun to watch, but the Czechs were very solid, esp. Berdych, who has become so strong mentally for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Berdych 10/0 in Davis Cup matches this year.

Fucking beast!
This has got to some sort of record. 10 DC wins in a year. Anybody has the numbers on this?
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This has got to some sort of record. 10 DC wins in a year. Anybody has the numbers on this?
Ljubicic had 11 wins and 1 loss in 2005, all in live rubbers. He nearly finished the year with a pefect 12-0 record until he lost his second singles match in the final against Hrbaty. He pretty much single handedly helped Croatia beat the USA (with wins against Agassi, the Bryan brothers and Roddick ), Romania and Russia to get to the final against the Slovak Republic that year, where he won his first singles match and the doubles rubber with Ancic.

McEnroe did have a perfect 12-0 record in 1982, although 3 of his wins came in meaningless dead rubbers that year.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ljubicic had 11 wins and 1 loss in 2005, all in live rubbers. He nearly finished the year with a pefect 12-0 record until he lost his second singles match in the final against Hrbaty. He pretty much single handedly helped Croatia beat the USA (with wins against Agassi, the Bryan brothers and Roddick ), Romania and Russia to get to the final that year

McEnroe did have a perfect 12-0 record in 1982, although 3 of his wins came in meaningless dead rubbers that year.
Great information.

If Berdych wins tomorrow he'll be 11-0 this year with all his wins being live rubbers, will surely be the best out of the lot then, no?
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #23
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
Damn it! Now the title is on Almagro's racket
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #24
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In 1982, McEnroe was undefeated : won his 8 singles (including the famous 6-hour match against Wilander which was a decisive rubber) and 4 doubles, but 3 singles were not live rubbers because the USA had a very good team of course.

in 1975, Borg won his 12 singles (all live rubbers), and he also won 3 doubles (he had losses in doubles). But yes they had to play 6 matches rather than 4 in that time to win the Davis cup

In 1989, Becker won 7 singles (defeated Edberg, Wilander and Agassi), and 3 doubles, he would have won 8 singles if he had not been exhausted by his 5-setter match against Agassi and the double against Flach-Seguso. He had only one defeat in doubles against Czechoslovakia.

Becker also was great in Davis cup in 1987 and 1988.

Berdych's run has great numbers but the best opponents he's had to face so far are Almagro and Tipsarevic ...

Last edited by duong : 11-17-2012 at 04:41 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #25
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Great result

Berdych to beat the Vulture and clinch DC for his country tomorrow now
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #26
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych is way too exhausted to be a factor in the Ferrer match. It's all on Sexy's lips now
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #27
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Obviously money talks, but it seems crazy that there are currently no ATP or WTA tournaments held in the Czech Republic, which has such a strong tennis history, and is such a strong tennis nation at the moment as well.
I agree, and Prague deserves at least 250 tourney..
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #28
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

really good win. supporting Czechoslovakia (I can spell, yey)
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #29
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

You support no one then
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #30
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
really good win. supporting Czechoslovakia (I can spell, yey)
Czechoslovakia doesnt exist since 1993...