Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #826
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
This makes perfect sense. DC final points should count, and since it is after the WTF, they are included for next year. I guess it is too much to ask them to include the points in the next year for the Race, but the same year for determining commitment players.
they also count for next year for commitment players

Quote:
Talking about the DC final points, I just realised that I do not know when the bonus points of DC are dropped(don't know why I did not think of this before, and am too lazy right now to look it up). The most obvious answer would seem that they would drop when the final points are dropped the next year. But, consider this scenario: Player X gets both the team bonus and the performance bonus in a particular year. The next year the does not play any DC match. Now at year end(after WTF) he would still have 350 DC points in his rankings, 200 of which are as a result of matches he played in the previous year, some over 18 months ago.
Both bonuses can't be cumulated (at most you can have 625 points in a year from the rulebook).

Yes I think they drop 52 weeks after the final.

Only one player was ever concerned by the bonus : it was Djokovic after DC 2010, and I think his 75 "team bonus" points were deleted only 52 weeks later, although I'm not sure of that, as it seems to me that in the end of 2011, his 225 Davis cup points left had become non-countable anyway.

Berdych is the only player whou could get that team bonus this year if he wins two live rubbers and his team wins the title.
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #827
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Berdych is the only player whou could get that team bonus this year if he wins two live rubbers and his team wins the title.
Making his maximum possible 4830 points, 535 points being from the Davis Cup. The live rankings system can't wait to apply the Team Bonus rule.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #828
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

if Lacko wins Helsinki final tomorrow, he will reach the top-50 for the first time (he was already one match away from that last week before Bratislava semifinal but lost to Rosol)
Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #829
country flag duong

Quote:
if Lacko wins Helsinki final tomorrow, he will reach the top-50 for the first time (he was already one match away from that last week before Bratislava semifinal but lost to Rosol)
Lukas Lacko defeats Nieminen in Helsinki final 6-3 6-4 and reaches the top-50 for the first time of his carreer : his previous carreer best was 51 ... which he will be back next week as he will lose 10 points next week
Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #830
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DC scenarios:

1)In the unlikely event that Stepanek wins both his singles DC matches(both live), he will jump 8 spots to #29, and become a commitment player for next year.
2)If he wins one live rubber, he will become #31
3)If Almagro wins a live rubber, he will become #10 and Gasquet will be pushed to #11

No possible changes in doubles rankings
Stepanek #31
With a win or two in AO, he will enter the top 30 again.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #831
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lukas Lacko defeats Nieminen in Helsinki final 6-3 6-4 and reaches the top-50 for the first time of his carreer : his previous carreer best was 51 ... which he will be back next week as he will lose 10 points next week
Let's see if he can get past 50 next year.

Quote:
Stepanek #31
With a win or two in AO, he will enter the top 30 again.
He may be seeded, and that is a great advantage for him. He also needs to defend a few year-start points as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #832
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

I have modified the current update schedule, to include an 8th update. The schedule will now feature regular updates once every 3 hours. I'm considering making it 2 hours (12 updates daily) starting this January.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #833
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

A question:

This is on the FAQ on ATP site:
Q. What is the ranking structure and formula in 2012?

A. In November 2011, the ATP Board passed a rule to allow more flexibility in which tournaments count toward the ranking of a commitment player in 2012.

Commitment players (top 30 in 2011 year-end ranking) can count their best six (6) results from ATP World Tour 500, ATP World Tour 250 and other events (Challengers, Futures, Davis Cup, Olympics) toward their ranking. To count their best six (6), players must have fulfilled their commitment to 500 events - 4 total per year (at least 1 after the US Open).

So is this structure a permanent change or just a change for 2012 to accommodate the Olympics? Anyone knows?
lalaland is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #834
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
So is this structure a permanent change or just a change for 2012 to accommodate the Olympics? Anyone knows?
It is permanent, as in valid until the next change.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #835
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
A question:

This is on the FAQ on ATP site:
Q. What is the ranking structure and formula in 2012?

A. In November 2011, the ATP Board passed a rule to allow more flexibility in which tournaments count toward the ranking of a commitment player in 2012.

Commitment players (top 30 in 2011 year-end ranking) can count their best six (6) results from ATP World Tour 500, ATP World Tour 250 and other events (Challengers, Futures, Davis Cup, Olympics) toward their ranking. To count their best six (6), players must have fulfilled their commitment to 500 events - 4 total per year (at least 1 after the US Open).

I think it's permanent but your question is valid as the Olympics may well have been the main reason for that change (although not the only one : probably players were annoyed by the complex previous rule) : it's better checking at the new rulebook (not having access to the ATP website at my work, I can't check it at the moment)
Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #836
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
I think it's permanent but your question is valid as the Olympics may well have been the main reason for that change (although not the only one : probably players were annoyed by the complex previous rule) : it's better checking at the new rulebook (not having access to the ATP website at my work, I can't check it at the moment)
There are very few changes to the rulebook this year. None regarding rankings rules.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #837
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
There are very few changes to the rulebook this year. None regarding rankings rules.
it's already out ?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #838
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I have modified the current update schedule, to include an 8th update. The schedule will now feature regular updates once every 3 hours. I'm considering making it 2 hours (12 updates daily) starting this January.
That's great, just don't kill yourself doing it.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #839
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah they didn't like that 12 weeks entry deadline rule among other thing.
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #840
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
it's already out ?
Well, the in-2012 modifications are out (February and September after USO). The part discussed after USO is the last of the modifications made. The 2013 rulebook will most-likely not contain any new modifications to those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
That's great, just don't kill yourself doing it.
Not a chance. This thing is doing all the work by itself.
Closed Thread