*********** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - ROG is the Runner-Up *********** - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #736
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *********** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - ROG is the Runner-Up ***********

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #737
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *************** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - F vs Djokovic *************

Quote:
Originally Posted by niff View Post
Great year everyone.
your avatar is very distracting. pls don't change it.
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #738
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *************** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - F vs Djokovic *************

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogieva View Post
He didn't seem to upset, just thanked the fans, congratulated Novak...said he was 'the best' , thanked the sponsers, said their are no wild cards in this tournament so you have to earn it and will see you all again next year.

BTW

For anyone who missed it
haha Fed gets the crowd on their feet, Djoker's reaction, looks around, "why won't you love ME!!!!!"
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #739
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *********** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - ROG is the Runner-Up ***********

^^Amazing point, that. The crowded chanted Roger's name after that.

And then Roger went on to send a backhand long/wide and gave Novak set point.

Still can't get over it.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #740
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

This

After such an epic shot, the backhand about 4 foot out on the next point cost him the set
Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #741
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogieva View Post
After such an epic shot, the backhand about 4 foot out on the next point cost him the set
Or maybe it was that netcord earlier: I was looking at it and wondering what would have happened if the ball had been in - thought Novak might not have got to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
If Murray wants to become #1, he has to do it soon. Historical trends suggest that if he doesn't become #1 very soon, he may never get to it.
I've said it before (over the decades) and will say it again: British tennis players seem to have a habit of peaking late. I think the same may still be true of Murray to some extent, even though he did start doing well at a younger age than most. Oh well, we'll see.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #742
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Or maybe it was that netcord earlier: I was looking at it and wondering what would have happened if the ball had been in - thought Novak might not have got to it.
He was SO unlucky with the netcord. I don't think a single one went his way.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #743
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the year has ended but it has on a hopeful note.

Though he lost to Novak, it wasn't like he was totally poor. There were more than flashes of brilliance; in fact he was up 3-0 and 6-5 in the first, and then 40-15, 5-4 in the second shows he's got some problem between the ears closing matches vs Novak because he's been losing them from winning positions too often. Yet, it also shows (as do the match stats), he was the far better player. Also, his win over Murray would have lend him some confidence for 2013. So, yes - I do expect him to hang around for more titles next year.

As for 2012, 6 titles, 1 slam, 1 Olympic medal and number 1 ranking for a 31 year old 'Olderer' is not something that happens often. So Trippy, stop crying, and lets all be happy and hopeful!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #744
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Though he lost to Novak, it wasn't like he was totally poor. There were more than flashes of brilliance; in fact he was up 3-0 and 6-5 in the first, and then 40-15, 5-4 in the second shows he's got some problem between the ears closing matches vs Novak because he's been losing them from winning positions too often. Yet, it also shows (as do the match stats), he was the far better player.
no it show that he starts better but Djokovic finishes better

and that against a player like Djokovic or Murray, breaking and losing one's serve is much more usual than against other player.

imo Djokovic was the better player when he went for it, had the best highest level, but Fed kept his focus much more than him in this match. If anyone had problems between the ears in this match, imo it's Djokovic, I rather admired Fed's focus and effort.

That said, yes, as Djokovic let him go away like that, Fed could have clinched it : in second set on the first set point his forehand was very near, and he also had breakpoints for a second break early in that set ; and the tiebreak was very tight.

But anyway Fed needed to win in 2 to clinch it, as physically Djokovic was much better, then too many good circumstances were needed imo. Djokovic is no Murray who let Fed go after losing the first set tie-break.

I still think Fed's potential is better on this surface than Djokovic's, but when he's in a better form than this one.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #745
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
no it show that he starts better but Djokovic finishes better

and that against a player like Djokovic or Murray, breaking and losing one's serve is much more usual than against other player.

imo Djokovic was the better player when he went for it, had the best highest level, but Fed kept his focus much more than him in this match. If anyone had problems between the ears in this match, imo it's Djokovic, I rather admired Fed's focus and effort.
Focus is at clutch. Where it matters. That's when he goofs it up against Novak - or rather has been consistently, since 2010 USO. He should be winning against Novak on surfaces like Cinci, USO and WTF. This loss sits like a big blot on a flourishing resume. Roger broke him thrice (thrice!) and still blundered. I can't hand it out entirely to Djokovic, though there's no taking away credit from him.

Still, I believe, the H2H will end in Roger's favour. Ever so slightly.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #746
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Focus is at clutch. Where it matters. That's when he goofs it up against Novak - or rather has been consistently, since 2010 USO. He should be winning against Novak on surfaces like Cinci, USO and WTF. This loss sits like a big blot on a flourishing resume. Roger broke him thrice (thrice!) and still blundered. I can't hand it out entirely to Djokovic, though there's no taking away credit from him.

Still, I believe, the H2H will end in Roger's favour. Ever so slightly.
let me say it differently : if Djokovic had been as much focused as Fed in this match, he would have defeated him easily. Didn't you see that Djokovic completely wasted the beginning of both sets rather than Fed played especially well ?

The same as Djokovic awfully lost his serve in the 5th set of the USO 2011 semifinal with multiple errors.

The beginning of a match is important in the result, it's not as if they start a match at 5-5 and it's only what you call "clutch moments" which count.

Fed was not in good form here, Djokovic was clearly better

But Fed put up a great fight and a great focus imo.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #747
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, the year has ended but it has on a hopeful note.

Though he lost to Novak, it wasn't like he was totally poor. There were more than flashes of brilliance; in fact he was up 3-0 and 6-5 in the first, and then 40-15, 5-4 in the second shows he's got some problem between the ears closing matches vs Novak because he's been losing them from winning positions too often. Yet, it also shows (as do the match stats), he was the far better player. Also, his win over Murray would have lend him some confidence for 2013. So, yes - I do expect him to hang around for more titles next year.

As for 2012, 6 titles, 1 slam, 1 Olympic medal and number 1 ranking for a 31 year old 'Olderer' is not something that happens often. So Trippy, stop crying, and lets all be happy and hopeful!
^^ This x1000 !
Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #748
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Hope you won the auction. Let us know!
I got the results today. Turned out I was the second highest bidder. Kind of poetic, in a way.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote