Is an attention seeker automatically an arseclown? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is an attention seeker automatically an arseclown?

Its a technical question, I know. But I could use some enlightenment.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is an attention seeker automatically an arseclown?

An attention seeker on a tennis forum is probably more of a introverted sociopath in real life and fills the void for social interaction by going overboard online. The advantage of anonymity makes people far more courageous and blunt than they would be in person.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

they are in a way but not the type of clowns the ACC deserves.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

No such thing as an attention seeker ffs!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
An attention seeker on a tennis forum is probably more of a introverted sociopath in real life and fills the void for social interaction by going overboard online. The advantage of anonymity makes people far more courageous and blunt than they would be in person.
Great analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Technically probably yes, but depends a lot on his MO. Nothing worse than a boring/repetitive clown.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #6

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
they are in a way but not the type of clowns the ACC deserves.
sapeod and Freakyman made it far in the seeding creating attention hogging threads.

FiloV on the other hand is often accused of attention hogging though he only posts good news from around the world.

In any event, they are all going pretty high this year.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 11-16-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Depends, if person does it to get atention and 'troll' then no. But if person is really convinced in the things they write and that pattern is reapiting from year to year then yes thats arseclowning and sad. You can make difference betwean those 2 types of posters fairly easy after few days.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what type of attention seeker they are. Attention seekers who suddenly act stupid around ACC time and are obviously trying to fish for votes don't deserve to be in the draw, let alone win.

Attention seekers in general who don't change deserve to win a few rounds depending on how bad they are, but like I said, they are not title worthy.
Quote:
sapeod
Bringing me up in a thread about attention seeking. I should have known this would happen sooner or later as soon as I saw the title. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, it's not worthy my time.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Or it could be an extremely extroverted person who feels like they still don't get enough attention in real life, so they feel the need to be even more outrageous.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

I can confirm I am the attention seeker.

not serious.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is no.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Bringing me up in a thread about attention seeking. I should have known this would happen sooner or later as soon as I saw the title. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, it's not worthy my time.
Many believe you are the Attention Seeking Club's mascot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
Or it could be an extremely extroverted person who feels like they still don't get enough attention in real life, so they feel the need to be even more outrageous.
This. Extroverts in life are likely to be even more extrovert on the internet as well.

Introverts are likely to have doubts opening up even on the net. The louder posters on MTF are, I am pretty sure quite open-mouthed (though not astoundingly vulgar) in real life as well.

Posters like GlennM, Corey Feldman, Looner, NTG are extroverts in the real world. An introvert opening up on internet would be something like Commander Data or Clay Death.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
country flag Rafa = Fed Killa
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER

Rafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, you are an arseclown.

End of thread.

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009

Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
Yes, you are an arseclown.

End of thread.
Good on you to crawl out of the woodwork right in time for your ACC Lifetime achievement award.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Posters like GlennM, Corey Feldman, Looner, NTG are extroverts in the real world. An introvert opening up on internet would be something like Commander Data or Clay Death.
Unless you personally know each of them, that's just guessing, you could be completely off the mark
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote