Bogota to replace the Los Angeles tournament - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Farmers Classic: L.A. To Lose Its Big Tennis Tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
It will horrendous.

It's near impossible to get insurance as a UK citizen to go to Colombia, it is considered that bad.

Do you know Bogota at least?
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviopr View Post

Do you know Bogota at least?
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...erica/colombia

Quote:
There is a high threat of terrorism in Colombia. This includes indiscriminate attacks targeting government buildings, public transport, public spaces and other areas frequented by foreigners.
Attacks are not limited to Bogotá and although the terrorist threat in most urban areas is not as high as it once was, it is still very real and could occur at any time.
Other major attacks have included:
On 15 May 2012, an explosive device was attached to a vehicle in northen Bogota. There were some fatalities and many people were injured.
On 2 February 2012, an attack on a police station in Villa Rica in western Colombia killed six and injured approximately twelve more.
On 1 February 2012, a vehicle bomb attack on a police station in the southern city of Tumaco killed seven and injured approximately 70 more.
On 5 October 2011 a grenade was thrown into a restaurant in Bogota. Four people were injured.
On 15 August 2011, two people were killed and another six were injured when an unidentified object exploded on a bus travelling on the outskirts of the Colombian capital, en route to Villavicencio.
On 16 June 2011, a satchel bomb exploded in Bogotá damaging nearby buildings.
On 30 November 2010 there was a car bomb attack in Colombia’s Huila province. Three police officers and a civilian were killed and 16 other people wounded. Authorities attribute the attack to guerrillas of the FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia).
On 21 Oct 2010 the Colombian authorities foiled a car bomb attack directed at the National Administrative Centre in Bogota.
On 12 August 2010, a car bomb exploded near the studios of Caracol Radio Station in northern Bogotá injuring nine.

Quote:
There has been an increase in criminal activity in urban areas since 2010, including in Bogotá. In particular there have been a number of armed and violent robberies in the Candelaria area of Bogotá where British nationals have been robbed at gun point.
Want me to go on?
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
country flag MattATP
Banned!

MattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond reputeMattATP has a reputation beyond repute

The decline of US tennis is really affecting the west coast tournaments. After L.A. and San Jose are gone, Indians Wells will be the only main ATP tournament in the US west of Houston! The rest of the events are solidly east coast: Newport, US Open (NYC), D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Delray Beach. Is Memphis going to be a 250 after the 500 moves to Rio?
MattATP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattATP View Post
Is Memphis going to be a 250 after the 500 moves to Rio?
yes, that's the plan iirc
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

San Jose is also going? That is unfortunate as it is one of the few places that still rewards attacking tennis
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...erica/colombia

Attacks are not limited to Bogotá and although the terrorist threat in most urban areas is not as high as it once was, it is still very real and could occur at any time.
Other major attacks have included:
On 15 May 2012, an explosive device was attached to a vehicle in northen Bogota. There were some fatalities and many people were injured.
On 2 February 2012, an attack on a police station in Villa Rica in western Colombia killed six and injured approximately twelve more.
On 1 February 2012, a vehicle bomb attack on a police station in the southern city of Tumaco killed seven and injured approximately 70 more.
On 5 October 2011 a grenade was thrown into a restaurant in Bogota. Four people were injured.
On 15 August 2011, two people were killed and another six were injured when an unidentified object exploded on a bus travelling on the outskirts of the Colombian capital, en route to Villavicencio.
On 16 June 2011, a satchel bomb exploded in Bogotá damaging nearby buildings.
On 30 November 2010 there was a car bomb attack in Colombia’s Huila province. Three police officers and a civilian were killed and 16 other people wounded. Authorities attribute the attack to guerrillas of the FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia).
On 21 Oct 2010 the Colombian authorities foiled a car bomb attack directed at the National Administrative Centre in Bogota.
On 12 August 2010, a car bomb exploded near the studios of Caracol Radio Station in northern Bogotá injuring nine.

Want me to go on?
Terrorism could occur in any city at any time. London and Madrid are proof. Bogota has 10 million inhabitants and has many problems of course, but this fear of terrorism is just an exaggeration.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Who is going to want to play Bogota in the last week of the summer clay season? You're competing with Kitzbuhel that week for the dirtballers, most of whom have come from Hamburg or Gstaad the week before. Meanwhile, the hardcourters are heading to Washington the week after, which is an impractical transition from Bogota altitude.
Won't necessarily be at the same point in the year according to what I read
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #23
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Terrorism could occur in any city at any time. London and Madrid are proof. Bogota has 10 million inhabitants and has many problems of course, but this fear of terrorism is just an exaggeration.
You are clueless. Comparing London and Madrid to Bogota is stupidity and ignorance of the highest order.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #24
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

This tournament should move to Vancouver.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are clueless. Comparing London and Madrid to Bogota is stupidity and ignorance of the highest order.
Agreed. Who the hell would want to go to London or Madrid when you could see Colombian women
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Agreed. Who the hell would want to go to London or Madrid when you could see Colombian women
Wouldn't argue on that front!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #27
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sad news. I have been attending the L.A. tournament the last 5 years, they had some great exhibition matches including Mac, Sampras, Edberg and Courier. But they were never able to lure the top guys - Murray once, Delpo once, Roddick and that was pretty much it.

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #28
country flag saviopr

Quote:
Brilliant argument.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
Banned!

Quote:
Brilliant argument.
Tell you what, show me a countries foreign office that says London is a dangerous place to travel too.

Good luck.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #30
country flag saviopr

Quote:
Tell you what, show me a countries foreign office that says London is a dangerous place to travel too.

Good luck.
If you know to read, you would see that I didnt' say that. I just say that terrorism could occur in any place, and Bogota is not a too more dangerous place than others. If you think that, so you must never travel to any place in latin america.