Disappointment of the Year - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Disapointment of the year?

Rafa's loss at the AO extending his losing streak against Novak (5-2 up in 5th set) 3 4.17%
Jo's near miss against Novak in front of the home crowd during Roland Garros 23 31.94%
Murray's emotional loss to Roger at SW19 complete with tear inducing speech 12 16.67%
Novak's loss to Rafa at Roland Garros to deny him one of the most impressive feats of all time 18 25.00%
Novak's loss to Del Potro during the Olympic Bronze medal play-off w/ destruction of tennis raquets 2 2.78%
Other (please state) 14 19.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #46
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disappointment of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Verdasco is not even worth mentioning. His name should become like Voldemort where you are not allowed to utter it on this forum.
Pottertard....

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #47
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Pottertard....
Who's the mug in your avi?
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #48
country flag Lestat

Lestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond repute

where is mugray winning a slam in the poll?
Pusher Nation's Reign of Terror is coming to an end, their borders are conquered and we won't take any prisoners!
Get Ready King Mandy!

everytime Mandy wins, a little ballbasher kitty dies somewhere... Save kitties; support Ballbasher Nation
Lestat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #49
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Golubev disappointed, I thought he would take his bashing to a new level

Do you lot have even the faintest idea of the decline in Nadal's support? Hardly anybody thinks that Nadal will become the greatest, and those that do are deluded beyond belief, ie too far gone. At this point, my personal satisfaction and the fruits of my good deeds aren't even worth the risks of being banned.

To all members of the ADA, the battle has almost been won. We've shattered their spirits and reduced their numbers to a mere handful. As your representative and eternal avatar of luminance, I say keep up the good work.
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #50
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa getting hurt again and being out the second half of the season.
Roger laying a major egg at the WTF championships
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #51
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy winning a slam.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #52
country flag Pipsy

Pipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond repute

This year had so many highlights that it's difficult to pick a disappointment. For me, it was disappointing that Rafa had to sit out the latter part of the season. It's not good to see any player have to take extended time off, so I suppose I was also disappointed not to see Soderling return this year, even though I'm not a particular fan of his. Same goes for Fish, who had to withdraw from good positions in multiple tournaments.

I remain disappointed with some of the scheduling (especially Roland Garros to Queen's/Halle, Paris to London) as I felt it deprived us of big performances in the lesser tournaments. Having said this, every cloud has a silver lining and I was happy to see Pics win his first Masters and Tommy Haas beating a heavily favoured but tired Federer at Halle.

Disappointed in Nalbandian's behaviour at Queen's because sentimentally I wanted him to win that tournament and his play deserved it, but he threw away the title and good ranking points with an act of stupidity.

I suppose I was disappointed in various results at the time they happened but that's tennis! And remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour...

Born to be the fourth best player in the world!

Statistics I maintain on MTF
Bagels Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame (Not up-to-date)
Cumulative Weeks in Top 10 (Updated 20/10/2014)
Grand Slam Wooden Spoon Winners
Pipsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #53
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Who's the mug in your avi?
Amir Blumensauce.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #54
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

That we didn't get to witness Nole tear his shirt off on court after January.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #55
country flag DjokerFan3
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

DjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Djoker losing to Rafa in French Open final (I picked Rafa to win in 4, but what was most disappointing was the fact that Djoker played like complete garbage and didn't start to wake up until the 3rd set when he was down 4-6,3-6,0-2, I'm watching and thinking 'OMG man you left it a bit late to start playing some decent tennis, no?), not to mention the DF on MP (again, just like the Rome final . This was a golden chance to achieve something not achieved in 43 years and Djoker just folded like a cheap tent (If I remember, he DF'ed 3 times to lose serve during that final *sigh*)

2. Delpo losing to Fed at Olympics SF, but I'm glad he won the bronze medal 2 days later (even though he beat Djoker to win it)
Retired Players that I miss: AGASSI, RAFTER, SAFIN, SoderKING, Blake, F.Gonzalez
DISLIKE Nadal, Tomic & Raonic
DjokerFan3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #56
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

The RG final. Ruined by retarded organisers.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #57
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
So he should have beaten Djokovic and Federer ?
Should and would have beaten Djokovic if the match wouldn't have been suspended due to him winning.

And Federer should have beaten Delpo if he gave any shit.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #58
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
Should and would have beaten Djokovic if the match wouldn't have been suspended due to him winning.

And Federer should have beaten Delpo if he gave any shit.
So you think Federer was lying after the match with his speech about how he felt bad for not giving Ferrer a chance to advance? That does not make it seem like he didn't give a shit at all.

And although he could have won the match if it hadn't been interrupted, he never stood a chance in normal/non excessively windy conditions.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #59
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

nadal

for years he has been the staunch guardian of tennis, against the disgrace that is muger frauderer

unfortunately he was not around this year, so frauderer got more undeserved praise and fake love

grand slam winners are supposed to be full of heart, desire and fight

frauderer has none of these

he ran away and cried after nadal beat him time and time again

and insulted murray when he dared to interrupt his 'perfect' 2006 season by beating him

and bitched at djokovic when djokovic beat him and won grand slams

apparently fraud was 'ill' not as ill as his lies made everyone else

disgraceful frauderer was enraged they would not bow down for his self-indulgent wishes like other clowns

nadal must return, for the sake of tennis

frauderer is an infection, and must be stopped
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #60
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Dolgopolov was kinda a dissapointment for me. I though he would have a better year.