Rank the Classiness of the top 10 from most class to least class - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #106
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rank the Classiness of the top 10 from most class to least class

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
1. Federer
10. All the rest

I can't think of one player in the top 100 whom i would relate with the world "class" or "classy" except from the quintessential class owner - Roger Federer.

The others are "friendly", "shy", "overjoyed", "clownish", "pale", "whatever", but rarely or never - "classy".

Check the WTF speeches at the end and you will see the number 1 in this category speaking and after him one of the pretenders of the trillion miles behind number 2.

Nole's speach was OK for an athlete and much better than probably many others, but class is a qualification that goes with Roger only.

imHo

homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #107
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Horrible rebuttal. This was an iconic moment from Federer.

He even explained what it signified and it was totally benign.
you sure he was honest? when you are pressed with the question, you try to water it down.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #108
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post

1. Claserer
10. Thugdull
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
23 consecutive slam SF
3/4 slams on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #109
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tektonac View Post
you sure he was honest? when you are pressed with the question, you try to water it down.
He was hardly "pressed". The interviewers (perhaps from TC) asked him what it meant, and he gave them a brief, simple explanation. Forget that it matched his gesture. Why would I assume that the guy who once publicly dismissed Djokovic as a joke and classified Nadal as one-dimensional suddenly felt inclined to lie about a winning gesture?
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #110
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
1. Del Potro - there was that incident with Murray & he has dawdled over challenges, but in general his behaviour, demeanour, & comments about opponents are exemplary
2. Ferrer - the only genuinely "humble" player in the Top 10. Apart from the baby incident I can't remember his ever putting a foot wrong
3. Tsonga - infectious joie de vivre; sometimes gets pissed off when umpires do something weird but never degenerates into tantrum-throwing
4. Djokovic - exceptionally gracious in defeat; perhaps a tad triumphalist in victory
5. Federer - probably deserves to be higher for off-court activities but while generally well behaved on court, he does have his moments of peevishness
6. Murray - the antics are ridiculous, but if you cut through all that he's actually a very fair player
7. Gasquet - maybe he deserves to be higher but I can't stand the pathetic way he gives up so easily
8. Nadal - talks a good game but stalls or whines when things aren't going his way and imagines the ATP tour should redesign itself around his needs
9. Tipsarevic - this is for the retirements
10. Berdych - this is for everything.
Best post of the whole thread. I'd put Roger over Novak but I agree with everything else. Bolded part -
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #111
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I'd put Roger over Novak
Holy hell, would you stop Fedtarding? You don't actually think that...

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #112
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Holy hell, would you stop Fedtarding? You don't actually think that...
I do. The fact that I'm not ranking him #1 shows that I'm not "Fedtarding". I can't stand Novak's obnoxious behaviour when he wins - chest thumping and shirt-ripping aren't attractive to me.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #113
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I do. The fact that I'm not ranking him #1 shows that I'm not "Fedtarding". I can't stand Novak's obnoxious behaviour when he wins - chest thumping and shirt-ripping aren't attractive to me.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #114
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say this topic is completely reduntant. I'm all for discussing forehands or serves because they can actually win matches. Class is largely irrelevant.

Class, as well as being not easily tangible, is also not that important when it comes to the tennis. I'm not sticking up for Tipsarevic, here. His actions are appallingv but doesn't everyone know who is a good guy, and who isn't. No player is completely perfect, but the majority are decent.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #115
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hahaha, only a rabid, simple-minded Novak fanatic would call me a "Fed fan". It's sad that more than a year later that simple finger wag still upsets you.

Tell me, where did I rank Djokovic on my "class" meter? Where did I rank Federer?

Who just said that he finds Federer's arrogance obnoxious?

Either get your facts straight or don't bother quoting my posts, fanboy.
be quiet kid
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #116
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
How is that not classy?
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #117
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Also, the fact that Roger can make his big nose look attractive on his face makes him classy too.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #118
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

The GOAT's finger wag was the stuff of legend. Prickovic always celebrating like a cock after winning got force fed the GOAT's wrath that day.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
23 consecutive slam SF
3/4 slams on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #119
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was hardly "pressed". The interviewers (perhaps from TC) asked him what it meant, and he gave them a brief, simple explanation. Forget that it matched his gesture. Why would I assume that the guy who once publicly dismissed Djokovic as a joke and classified Nadal as one-dimensional suddenly felt inclined to lie about a winning gesture?
he may have matured, realized he needed to contain his enormous ego and figured out he shouldn't be so blunt like he used to be?
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #120
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
How is that not classy?
Who cares? It's so hot. Love it when people post that gif - I get to relive that moment every single time.