Which was Roger's best match of the season? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which was Roger's best match of the season?

AO QF against Del Potro 6:4 6:3 6:2 2 6.45%
Rotterdam F against Del Potro 6:1 6:4 1 3.23%
Dubai F against Murray 7:5 6:4 1 3.23%
Indian Wells QF against Del Potro 6:3 6:2 0 0%
Indian Wells SF against Nadal 6:3 6:4 13 41.94%
Wimbledon SF against Djokovic 6:3 3:6 6:4 6:3 5 16.13%
Wimbledon F against Murray 4:6 7:5 6:3 6:4 20 64.52%
Cincinatti F against Djokovic 6:0 7:6 12 38.71%
WTF London SF against Murray 7:6 6:2 2 6.45%
WTF London F against Djokovic 6:7 5:7 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which was Roger's best match of the season?

The tennisseason 2012 didn稚 came to the end we had hoped for Roger but I guess we all look back on the past months with much pleasure about his achievements.

Just like in the last years I would like to know which match you consider the best Roger played during this season.

You can vote for more than one match and also name one of course which I didn't mention.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which was Roger's best match of the season?

AO QF against Del Potro 6:4 6:3 6:2

Rotterdam F against Del Potro 6:1 6:4

Dubai F against Murray 7:5 6:4

Indian Wells QF against Del Potro 6:3 6:2

Indian Wells SF against Nadal 6:3 6:4

Wimbledon SF against Djokovic 6:3 3:6 6:4 6:3

Wimbledon F against Murray 4:6 7:5 6:3 6:4

Cincinatti F against Djokovic 6:0 7:6

WTF London SF against Murray 7:6 6:2

WTF London F against Djokovic 6:7 5:7

Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

My personal favourite isn't even included in the poll - his nailbiting, and absolute tintillating semifinal against Del Potro at the Olympics! 19-17 in the third set!

(that match alone cost me my lungs as I smoked two packs of cigs, haha...)
Awesome match between two great guys. Their lovely interaction at the medal ceremony made it even better. I cannot help but feel like Roger felt very happy for JMDP that he'd been able to snatch that bronze medal over Djoko...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
My personal favourite isn't even included in the poll - his nailbiting, and absolute tintillating semifinal against Del Potro at the Olympics! 19-17 in the third set!
it was a great match but not Fed's best overall.

I think the poll options are good.

As for the answer I hesitate between Wimbledon final and Indian Wells semifinal, but I think I'd say Indian Wells semifinal because managing to play that well in such extreme conditions, and against Nadal, really looked "magic", the kind of "Federer moments" which look like magic
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not ease to make a choice and I didn't chose only one.
The reason it because when I see Roger playing extremely aggressive and dominate against the top 4 I love much as possible that moments.
That's pure tennis that even the tennis Gods didn't plan and imagine such a think is possible.
And those matches were all played with very very aggressive tennis and more powerful shots not only on his serve but starting by the 1st return hit and of course all his variety of the other shots.

Indian Wells SF against Nadal 6:3 6:4
Wimbledon SF against Djokovic 6:3 3:6 6:4 6:3
Wimbledon F against Murray 4:6 7:5 6:3 6:4
Cincinatti F against Djokovic 6:0 7:6
WTF London SF against Murray 7:6 6:2

I'd love to put also the epic SF at the Olympics finished 19-17 against Del Potro.
I know it casted the gold to Roger and maybe up to 6 all in the 3rd set it wasn't his best match but all came after is history.
All his mental strength and capacity to serve 9 times to stay in the match (one time at 8 all if I remember well he served for the match) is a big honor for Roger and even it was killing for us now I'm happy with it if I think that at the final he could anyway lose in 2 or 3 not very nice sets.

It's some consolation for me knowing that Roger lost his last match to the Djoker playing well and there isn't any regret of if he could do more. A the the end maybe he was a little bit tired and not so explosive but at the end of the season with all the matches he played and won it's more than normal. I think in the autumn he was thinner and it's normal step by step losing your muscle mass.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Last edited by mlrf11 : 11-15-2012 at 01:32 PM.
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

I chose the 2 wimbledon matches because that got him to world no 1 and a slam win .Dubai was just chosen because I was in the stadium that day
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
country flag TechnoViking

TechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon final was great. Roger rolled back the years playing his best grasscourt match since at least 2009. Murray also played extremely well and it was a very competitive match that could have gone either way. The best slam final of the year and a fitting way to end the grand slam drought.

The Olympic SF against Del Po and the Cinci final were also most enjoyable. The Cinci match wasn't the best quality, but Roger delivering that bagel was one of the years highlights.
TechnoViking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Wimbledon F, SF and the Indian Wells match against Nadal. I think Roger played his best tennis in the last two matches of Wimbledon, especially the final. It's just amazing how he beat two of the top 3 back to back after going 5 sets against Benneateau and having some back issues in the first week. He played at a very high level in those 2 matches and it was just incredible to watch him win a slam again.

IW match against Nadal - always special when Roger straight sets him. (Not as amazing as in WTF last year though. )
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

IW SF for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
As for the answer I hesitate between Wimbledon final and Indian Wells semifinal, but I think I'd say Indian Wells semifinal because managing to play that well in such extreme conditions, and against Nadal, really looked "magic", the kind of "Federer moments" which look like magic

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

B2B matches in IW. QF and SF ofc . After this two following matches against Delpo at AO, Fish at Cincy and Youzhny at Wimbledon
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Have to go with the wimbledon final. I will always remember being in disbelief for about 10 minutes after those last two points to clinch the second set
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Fish at Cincy and Youzhny at Wimbledon
I also thought those two ones were the missing ones actually
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
country flag Rogieva
Banned!

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

So many

Indian Wells, Cincinnati, WTF SF,
Rogieva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

Fed's best performances of 2012

1. Murray @ Wimby Final - the most important match of his year was also the best match he played. Roof closed also helped him. verge of losing to Benneteau, back injury vs Malisse, beat world #1 then hometown fave/crowd. showed alot of heart to win.

2. Nadal @ IW semi - 2nd most impressive tourney. tough conditions. down with fever and flu. didn't quit vs Milos/Bellucci.

3. Del Potro @ Rotterdam Final - verge of losing to Davy. came out during the 1st set so explosive.

Best match of the year goes to Rosol-Nadal @ Wimby, for amazing power hitting/guts/mental, and mostly the result. (and made Fed laugh for 10 mins )
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote