"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 307 80.37%
Leave them as they are 75 19.63%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #931
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
That was not the point of the comment about whether Federer would do better in a different era considering he started before homogenisation.

The point is very clear and simple, that apart from movement there is so little difference between the surface speeds therefore it much easier for them to be breaking the records they did which is exactly what Federer was saying.
Yeah it's a joke era. They may as well play everything on exactly the same surface that suits pushing grinders and hand them all career slams. Tennis has been dead post 90's.
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #932
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Federer actually has the game to win slams on all different surfaces.

Nadull on the other hand was lucky that he played in this era. If the courts were fast, he would have 0 slams off clay.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #933
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
Federer actually has the game to win slams on all different surfaces.

Nadull on the other hand was lucky that he played in this era. If the courts were fast, he would have 0 slams off clay.
frauderer wouldn't be sniffing the french open in the 90s

he might have a better head to head with nadal though; he wouldn't get far enough in clay tournaments to meet him
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #934
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the USA players, Federer had easy draws everywhere, and Agassi was a bigger threat to him at age 35. cake walk = ass kiss Federer
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #935
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Thanks to the USA players, Federer had easy draws everywhere, and Agassi was a bigger threat to him at age 35. cake walk = ass kiss Federer
agassi it`s more dangerous in very fast courts than today`s murray.

anyway , action jackson I said that federer won in rg because the weather conditions made more faster rg that year , and federer in peak mode without nadal would be capable to win roland garros.

I don`t consider that roger was beneficited by homogenization on clay , he played several final facing very slow courts in roland garros beetwen 2005-2007
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 AM   #936
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
frauderer wouldn't be sniffing the french open in the 90s

he might have a better head to head with nadal though; he wouldn't get far enough in clay tournaments to meet him
if andres gomez or agassi won roland garros , federer why not?????

federer only problem on clay was and is nadal`s left forehand with high bouncing to his backhand , but in the 90s nobody was similar to nadal or have his physicall condition
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #937
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

35 year old Agassi gave a tough 3 set fight vs. Nadal on hardcourt. Federer needed a bad umpire to win Miami 2005.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #938
country flag juan27

bla bla , guys like you that not write nothing interesant and never talk about tennis are boring.

agassi and federer played amazing matches especially beetwen the years 2002-2005 , that agassi was a much hard than all this tour with the exceptio of the big-3 and close with murray
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #939
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi was much more a player than Djokovic and Murray.Now what you can see one dimensional playing style from everyone the difference is that some of them can run faster and do not get tired and others are not so fast and get tired. The old Fed had the most aces at WTF and most hot shots.
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #940
country flag juan27

agassi was a genius too , a guy without big serve and playing from the baseline was capable of winning all in an era of very fast courts and great servers.

I miss that kind of tennis , but we need fast courts again
Old 11-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #941
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
agassi it`s more dangerous in very fast courts than today`s murray.

anyway , action jackson I said that federer won in rg because the weather conditions made more faster rg that year , and federer in peak mode without nadal would be capable to win roland garros.

I don`t consider that roger was beneficited by homogenization on clay , he played several final facing very slow courts in roland garros beetwen 2005-2007
You are as bad as the people you are complaining against. The fact the surfaces and games have homogenised benefited Federer as well, it's your too biased to see this. Nadal is the only player on clay in this generation who plays like an old school clay court player albeit adapted to modern times with a lot of ability on the surface. He toys with Fed on clay by breaking down the backhand, this is not a new tactic and so damn simple.

Which leads to the next point Fed struggled with the old school guys when they were past their past on the surface or do you need plenty of examples. As the surfaces have become closer that style of game on clay apart from Nadal and to a very poor version Andreev has become obsolete, unlike when Fed started guys like that were still playing. Therefore he gained the benefit on clay because of this.

You can't bitch about Nadal getting benefits from a slower and high bouncing grass or hardcourts getting slower or Djokovic on grass without looking Fed.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #942
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

so much talking about so simple thing. Federer won RG because he wanted to win it. the end...
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #943
country flag Benny_Maths

Benny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond repute

You know that Fed struggled against Nadal on clay because Nadal was still winning slams regularly when he was beating Fed. However, when Fed loses against someone who at the time of the loss is a non-factor (nevermind a consistent genuine slam contender) the story is completely different. It would then not make any sense to draw any conclusions from such losses other than it was one of those losses that just happen from time to time; like Sampras losing to Yzaga/Kucera (or Federer).
Benny_Maths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #944
country flag juan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
You are as bad as the people you are complaining against. The fact the surfaces and games have homogenised benefited Federer as well, it's your too biased to see this. Nadal is the only player on clay in this generation who plays like an old school clay court player albeit adapted to modern times with a lot of ability on the surface. He toys with Fed on clay by breaking down the backhand, this is not a new tactic and so damn simple.

Which leads to the next point Fed struggled with the old school guys when they were past their past on the surface or do you need plenty of examples. As the surfaces have become closer that style of game on clay apart from Nadal and to a very poor version Andreev has become obsolete, unlike when Fed started guys like that were still playing. Therefore he gained the benefit on clay because of this.

You can't bitch about Nadal getting benefits from a slower and high bouncing grass or hardcourts getting slower or Djokovic on grass without looking Fed.
Maybe you are rigth and it`s a good post.

but I think that nadal it`s a different kind of beast over clay like borg , but in not all the eras exist a nadal or borg , many players playing high against fed`s backhand but nobody could did the same damage than nadal with his forehand , I mean nadal has the perfect forehand for a clay court player.

I see all the players in the 90s , specially muster and kuerten and of course than they would be much more capable to defeat federer many times over clay , homever I think that federer maybe would can win more matches againts them than against nadal.

but if players like agassi could won roland garros and sampras that had a very bad game and physicall condition played semis on clay (winning rome) , why federer can`t do it too?????

You are right maybe like I said before , but if the court not be so similars , federer maybe never won in RG but he still has many many grand slams/titles in hardcourts , indoors and grass , but other players has in his favour now more surfaces more slows like hard , indoor and grass.

maybe nadal only would win in roland garros and nothing more if the courts were like before , maybe australia too but in rebound ace nadal never played very good.

other players are much more beneficit than federer with the homogenization , not???

federer would be like sampras but nobody of this player would be like agassi , maybe djokovic but I don`t know
Old 11-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #945
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
so much talking about so simple thing. Federer won RG because he wanted to win it. the end...
No, it's actually people who are confused from a very clear and obvious quote from Federer about the surfaces being so similar these days, which he agrees with and these guys have benefited.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote