USA politics thread. - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #316
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barack Obama has won reelection in the 2012 United States election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
The Christmas tree story is nonsense. It's stuff like this that makes Islam look like a religion of war, you have some sections who openly say that everyone must become Muslim or perish. See Nigeria or what Albania did in Serbia (Kosovo)

I insist for the third time on the fact that the removal of the Christmas tree in Brussels has NOTHING to do with Islam. No Muslims here in Belgium wish to remove it. It's never been mentioned in the local news, here. It's all got to do with a Freemasonic anti-Christian, atheist moronic Mayor.

Even the Christmas market has been re-labelled "Winter Pleasure". It's crazy.

In Serbia, the Salafists also had strong support from the atheistic West, which should not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
I recently read a good article that differentiated between ''offensive'' and ''being offended.'' It said that there will always be potentially offensive things in a free society, but people that are offended by them have chosen to be offended. If everyone simply chose not to be offended, then the world would be a better place.
I don't know what to make of this because the argument clearly supports my claims. Perhaps it was your intention. In any case, I sure agree. That's what I've said multiple times to friends for years ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
I wont accept demographic shifts that will radically change what my country and Europe as a whole always has been. Ofcourse, I am all for muslims to wear their veils as long as they stop complaining about christian and european pagan traditions (like christmas trees), if I move to Dubai which is the most free country in Middle east I would never get citizenship and neither would my children because you need to be ethnically arab to get citizenship.
I had no time to discuss that yesterday so I continue now.

There's a lot of confusion here. First, between a migrating population and religion. In my former posts on this thread I clearly stated that I was talking about Arab migrants who ARE on our soil (perhaps it's not the case in Denmark yet but here it definitely is and I deal with it) and that we can no longer expel. I am in favour of tighter control of migration flows and I said it clearly in the US Elections thread. You can't get the Dubai citizenship? Normal.

Many of those Arabs living on our soil, who never asked and expected anything (they've been drawn here by big capitalists who found a good way to put pressure on wages) are not Muslims, but atheists who are decerebrated by the liberal/capitalist culture of Progress/Entertainment/Money/Frivolousness. They're completely lost. Those who turn to Islam are simply discovering again some good old conservative values of share, gifts, family and social belonging, which I sort of share even though I am not Muslim and never will be but I realize that they have nothing else. I realize that Muslims's fate is to vote conservative (in the sense of Tory vs Whig), just like me and that's why those so-called Christians who want to separate from Muslims are doing a dirty job because our destiny is to get together.

The Muslims have always seen Christians as their allies. That should not be forgotten.

Oh yeah, for the 4th and I hope last time, Muslims are NOT complaining about Christian traditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Tolerance shouldnt be a one way street, so please spare me this lecture about europeans beeing intolerant. Capitalism and western civilisation has caused alot of evil and good things like most other kind of power structure that ever existed. All civilizations had slavery (I think except Persia), all civilizations were uphelt by the power of the sword (or gunpowder).
I did not say the Capitalist tradition was more intolerant than the previous traditional Christian one but it caused greater destruction/violence and ugliness than the previous one.

All were upheld by the power of the Sword but it overall used to be soldiers against soldiers, while in the Modern world, you had the French Republic destroying the Vendée (Civilians were the target), two Atomic bombs dropped on Japan (Civilians were the target), spreading of Agent Orange across Vietnam and Laos (Farmers were the target), concentration camps (invented by the Brits against the Dutch in South Africa, the Nazis just copied), the horrors of child labour throughout the 19th century and already in the 18th, we may add the failure and horrors of the Bolshevik regime, etc etc.

The great authors from the Inter-War years already reflected on that point. You talked about Progress, and what did it lead to? The biggest destruction the World has ever known, WWI. Guys like Huxley, Chesterton, Orwell, Bernanos, Tzara, Mumford, etc. They could not have known that 20 years after that you had a second WW. Both mainly between European White nations, right? And another 20 years later you had an even more destructive war, which really outclasses those two in terms of bomb tonnage dropped and technological advancement in the weapons used, and the subsequent monstrosity: The Vietnam War.

So I do repeat, how legit are we to preach Human Rights across the Globe? What is our record?
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #317
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

Are you saying that if someone tells me that it was too bad that women were ever given the vote because women aren't capable of applying reason to their political choices, and the white women who voted for Obama were by and large sluts whose only desire is to have alpha sex,* I should just choose not to be offended? That it's my fault if I find such language and "reasoning" offensive?

Obviously being offended is a choice, but being offensive is also a choice. For myself, I think the would would be a much better place if people simply chose not to be offensive.

*This is actually an opinion but forth by the Christian Men's Defense (whatever that is).
Since you say that being offended is obviously a choice, then why choose to be offended by idiots?
Yes of course such language and reasoning is offensive, but they are idiots. Idiots should be ignored, because they will never choose not to be offensive. It is not your ''fault'' that you find something offensive, but you can ignore it. Now, if your vote is ever taken away, then you can be really offended.

Ever since a company accountant in New York lost his job for saying that the upcoming annual budget would be niggardly and was found to have ''offended'' the black employees by using that word, I have been convinced that the PC idiot police are winning.

The point is that no matter what is said, someone will choose to be offended. And more and more, political correctness is trending to the opinion that people have a right not to be offended. Soon any kind of speech will be impossible.

The same thing is happening in universites apparently, where professors have to water down their lectures and avoid saying anything controversial.

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-13-2012 at 10:45 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #318
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA politics thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #319
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Diversity will lose....

Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #320
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I see a couple women in that picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #321
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see a couple women in that picture!
Yep, they even got their special place in the sidelines. Probably so they faster can go bring tea and lunch for the men in power.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #322
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
America is finally progressing
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #323
country flag sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
America is finally progressing
It is indeed, just needs one more step to reach final destination...

Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #324
country flag sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Since you say that being offended is obviously a choice, then why choose to be offended by idiots?
Yes of course such language and reasoning is offensive, but they are idiots. Idiots should be ignored, because they will never choose not to be offensive. It is not your ''fault'' that you find something offensive, but you can ignore it. Now, if your vote is ever taken away, then you can be really offended.

Ever since a company accountant in New York lost his job for saying that the upcoming annual budget would be niggardly and was found to have ''offended'' the black employees by using that word, I have been convinced that the PC idiot police are winning.

The point is that no matter what is said, someone will choose to be offended. And more and more, political correctness is trending to the opinion that people have a right not to be offended. Soon any kind of speech will be impossible.

The same thing is happening in universites apparently, where professors have to water down their lectures and avoid saying anything controversial.
Yep, agree on all accounts. Anti-intellectual tiptoe walking around big elephants in the room is the result of all this PC coming from oversensitive people. There is an actual competition out there who can better play the victim of society, what is wrong with a culture were weakness and victimisation is hailed as a virtue?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #325
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now all we need is the first non-human representative
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #326
country flag sexybeast

Congress is missing a pedophile since Mark Foley resigned, or is it?

Also: I dont see any native americans in that congress. True diversity without any people of native origin in congress? Probably Denmark anno 2200.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #327
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Kyrsten Sinema does not identify herself as a non-theist.

Now that old Pete Stark is out, there are no non-religious people in congress.

Diversity my ass.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #328
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

True story.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #329
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
More of your epic assumptions, Action Jackson, I've always disliked Romney. You have always been really bigoted and judgmental, as well as weak-minded, so it doesn't surprise me.

But tell me this anyone. How does a man get elected to Congress that doesn't campaign, has mental problems, and has admitted to corruption and is in the middle of a plea bargain with police? Hard one.

In other news, if Obama nominates Susan Rice, he can totally forget about any bipartisanship, I hope he's not that stupid.

And people who post those huge pictures that screw up the page are complete pricks. Link or small pic.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #330
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more interested in the appointments Obama will have to make to the US Supreme Court. Justice Ruth Ginsburg is 79 and has sadly been reported to be suffering from a terminal illness. But she is a liberal, so her replacement will not cause any net change in the ideological balance of the court, now on paper 5-4 for republican-appointed justices.

Justice Scalia, appointed by Reagan and one of the hardline conservatives, is 76. Justice Kennedy, also appointed by Reagan but considered a moderate and very often the swing vote in tight decisions, is just months younger than Scalia.

Then you have Stephen Breyer, a progressive appointed by Clinton, who is 74 himself.

Considering US Supreme Court justices are appointed for life and seeing the decision power the court has, I'd say their appointments are of crucial importance.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote