Is Murray better liked in America than Britain? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think, especially at the O2 Final?

It's normal for Fed to be cheered/Murray jeered, same would happen to Nadal/Djoko at home 8 25.00%
The English still don't give Murray credit, and might never do, even to the point of booing him 18 56.25%
Americans and Aussies are just generally more friendly, fair people 1 3.13%
I didn't watch the match/don't know/don't care 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Murray better liked in America than Britain?

Robert reaching levels of stupidity with his trolling now.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Annie Mugray is not liked anywhere, full stop.

He is yet another overrated run of the mill hooligan with a huge mouth and little talent.

By now most people have realized it and rightfully boo him off court. Commentators make fun of him as well. His only supporters are nationalistic fangirls like Sapeod and Corey Failman.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #18
country flag Xenosys

Xenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Lest we forget that the current Scottish First Minister, whom the Scottish people voted in, is currently seeking to break away from the UK if he gets his way in the referendum. If anything Scottish people are determined to have nothing to do with the English, not vice versa so I'm sure you can understand why we don't exactly embrace them.
Don't tar us all with the same brush. I'm Scottish, and the idea of a breakaway does not interest me in the slightest and I suspect a lot of other Scots feel the same way. If recent polls are to give us some sort of understanding of how we feel about the idea of independence, then it's split down the middle at the moment. No doubt the night before the referendum, they'll be airing Braveheart on Scottish TV just to drum up a bit of nationalism.

Back on topic, I was fairly scathing of the British public a few days ago in their lack of support for Murray during the Federer match, but then you've got to remember who was on the other side of the net. Federer is loved by people all over the world, and especially in the UK where the GS that has received the most television and media coverage just happens to be the one which Federer has won 7 times in his career, more than any other. Clearly evident at the Wimbledon final this year, which was about 50/50 in terms of fan support. Putting my own feelings towards Federer aside, he's a difficult player to hate when he's in full flow on court.

The pay their money, they are entitled to support who they want and when they want to, and to be honest, they have been fairly vocal in their support for Murray in every other match at the o2 this year, including his match against Novak. Aside from Murrays' on court rants, he's nothing but humble towards opponents and he's got a very dry sense of humour, one which not everyone will take to.

He's not universally loved nor loathed, as seen by his support in Australia or the US this year, and I'd be interested to see some of this overwhelming proof that Murray is not liked anywhere at all. We all know MTF and it's fairly vehement subscribers and opinions are not exactly a solid basis for this.
Xenosys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
country flag Gris

Gris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond repute

What really matters is that Murray's opponent is Federer,who is so popular around the world.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #20
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

I live in London and Murray is generally well supported here.

As for the O2 crowd, I doubt the people loudly cheering for Federer and booing Murray were English. Let's assume 25% of the crowd was not British, that is more than enough to make it sound like the crowd is anti Murray if those 25% are louder than the remaining 75%.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine anyone liking him really. Not even Word Life.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #22
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lest we forget that the current Scottish First Minister, whom the Scottish people voted in, is currently seeking to break away from the UK if he gets his way in the referendum. If anything Scottish people are determined to have nothing to do with the English, not vice versa so I'm sure you can understand why we don't exactly embrace them.
That's as stupid and ill-informed a comment as I've seen on here. The SNP came to power because Scotland was sick of the ruling Labour Party. Ever current poll for independence however has support at around 30% so having a nationalist party in power hardly means we want to separate from the UK. They were merely the better option. Your ignorant post does however illustrate why English people are not very popular in Scotland (or most other countries in the world).

I was at Wimbledon and the Olympics and Andy was treated like a God at both events. I've never been a Murray fan but it was still enjoyable getting caught up in the crowd support when I was at his matches. His problem at the O2 was that after winning Olympic gold and the US Open, fans expected a newer, better Murray. I'm not in favour of booing anyone but I can understand why he lost fan support when he reverted to his old ways in the Federer match. I've never liked his attitude but he is long past the time when the public will put up with him behaving like a stroppy teenager on court especially as it seems to lose him matches.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #23
country flag JanKowalski

JanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond repute

MuzzahLovah still butthurt Murray isn't as loved as Fed.
JanKowalski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #24
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
That's as stupid and ill-informed a comment as I've seen on here. The SNP came to power because Scotland was sick of the ruling Labour Party. Ever current poll for independence however has support at around 30% so having a nationalist party in power hardly means we want to separate from the UK. They were merely the better option. Your ignorant post does however illustrate why English people are not very popular in Scotland (or most other countries in the world).

I was at Wimbledon and the Olympics and Andy was treated like a God at both events. I've never been a Murray fan but it was still enjoyable getting caught up in the crowd support when I was at his matches. His problem at the O2 was that after winning Olympic gold and the US Open, fans expected a newer, better Murray. I'm not in favour of booing anyone but I can understand why he lost fan support when he reverted to his old ways in the Federer match. I've never liked his attitude but he is long past the time when the public will put up with him behaving like a stroppy teenager on court especially as it seems to lose him matches.
Keep reading his comments then. This dude is something else, just when you think the quality of his posts can't possibly get worse he finds new depths to sink to
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

SNP had it in their manifesto. You voted them in. Ergo it’s something you agreed with.

FACT.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #26
country flag Gullyfoyle

Gullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SNP had it in their manifesto. You voted them in. Ergo it’s something you agreed with.

FACT.

You don't quite get politics do you.
Gullyfoyle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #27
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullyfoyle View Post
You don't quite get politics do you.
Tell me where I'm wrong? Good luck.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
country flag Gullyfoyle

Gullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond reputeGullyfoyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tell me where I'm wrong? Good luck.
I couldn't, you are obviously as thick as two short planks
Gullyfoyle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There are some cockney rentboys who are a little bitter that a working class Scot ended the UK slam drought and not some upper class Eton schoolboy with rich parents.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #30
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Don't care.

Doesn't deserve any respect anyway.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote