WTF Final: Djokovic def. Federer again 7-6(6), 7-5 - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #436
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond reputedoomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Final: Djokovic def. Federer again 7-6(6), 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
what an amazing match! well done, Novak, well deserved title. loved the celebration
The celebration was a lil over the top, I know he came back from hell in both sets but still there was no need to be so pumped.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #437
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Roger was completely destroyed after the loss

And Oracle + Heya = a match made in ACC heaven

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #438
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Final: Djokovic trolls Federer again 7-6(6), 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_z View Post
We have to see Federers reign in human proportions. I think we just have to admit that during his reign (2004-2007) the competition on the ATP Tour was clearly not as strong as today. Federer was clearly better than Hewitt, Nalbandian, Safin and Roddick.
But compared to Djokovic, Nadal and Murray he is not clearly better on all surfaces. He is probably still the best on grass. But he certainly is not the best on clay. And he is also not clearly better on hard court than a well playing Djokovic or a well playing Murray.
Federer remains the must succesful tennis player. But success is indeed not only based on the qualities of the player, but also on the qualities of the competition. He is still an amazing player, but not really the king of tennis against the current generation of players.
Dude, you seem to forget he's a few years older than those guys and besides Rafa on clay I don't think neither Djokovic nor Murray are better than he was in HC & grass at his peak.

Roger shouldn't be in the top 2, hell not even in the top 10 at his age, he's played 3 generations already: Sampras/Agassi, his own and Nadal/Djokovic, a testament to his greatness is that he's still in the top of the tennis world at 31 years old while his competitors are 5-6 years younger than he is.

Let's see where will Nole and Andy will be when they are his age, I honestly doubt they would be playing for #1 at 31, their styles of play are far too demanding for that to happen.

Not good enough competition? at least different people were making GS finals then, what was the last final that didn't include top 4 players? SW10? in 2003 four guys who were #1 at one point won GS, in 2004 a limping Guga beat Roger in RG, in 2005 an inspired Safin kicked Roger out of AO...

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #439
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post

Roger was completely destroyed after the loss

And Oracle + Heya = a match made in ACC heaven
Boo Francesco Boo, Forza Lazio.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #440
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Prime Nole at 25 needed two and half hours to defeat 31old Federer . Great this Nole
How many times the Great Nole was on the floor? Federer even did not play his best
could not serve to save his live. I do not know how long Djokovic's legs will last if he plays this way.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #441
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Final: Djokovic trolls Federer again 7-6(6), 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCBH View Post
Utterly disgraceful post-match antics. Screaming into Roger's face twice and then not even waiting to go off-court to join his brethren in wild chest-beating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedal_Fedal View Post

I find it really hard to see Roger lose to ND because I dislike him above all others for his classless baboon-like ravings at the end of hard fought matches and the way he seems to crave attention.
Oh, come on you guys, it's not as if he wagged his finger or something classless like that.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #442
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Prime Nole at 25 needed two and half hours to defeat 31old Federer . Great this Nole
How many times the Great Nole was on the floor? Federer even did not play his best
could not serve to save his live. I do not know how long Djokovic's legs will last if he plays this way.
pepita hun, go watch some ping pong or something else, tennis is too complicated for you . could I ask who won the match and how many sets it took? please enlighten us? sorry babe

Last edited by Alex999 : 11-13-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #443
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesta View Post
I am sick of this debate about age. Actually Federer is not so old for tennis if you know the hystory of the tennis. For instance, Agassi's peak was at age 33. and his winning streak continued to 20 after winning his first two matches at the 2004 edition of that tournament before bowing to Agustín Calleri. Agassi at age 33, was the oldest top-ranked male player since the ATP rankings top 5 since Connors, at age 35, was world no. 4 in 1987. So, players like Novak, Murrey and Nadal can play even after 30. if their health is ok. Also, there is nothing unbelivable that Federer still play tennis. Age is not reason why Federer lose. Simple he is not the best player in the world, because the last two years the better player the most of the time is Novak.
Btw the quality of the tennis was undeniable in this match. But Novak has mental advantage is something that makes him the better player in this match. Also what Federer did to Murray in the first set of their semi-final on Sunday night, Djokovic did to Federer on Monday night, except at a higher level
right...
then why are almost all of Federer's old rivals (Roddick, Safin, Ferrero, Hewitt, Nalbandian, Davydenko etc) either retired or non-factors
70-68 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #444
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, are we bitter much today? Nole won without losing a match, beat all the best hard court/indoor players at the moment, that's as good as it gets
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #445
country flag incognito

incognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond repute

Great match to finish off the season, the only thing it lacked excitement-wise was a 3rd set decider (though as a Novak fan, I don't particularly mind that ). It could otherwise just as easily have gone the other way, the way the momentum kept changing in both sets reminded me of their recent AO encounters. Must be a great confidence-booster for Novak, whose form has wobbled quite a bit throughout the whole year. His two best tournaments were incidentally his first and his last tournament of the year (AO & WTF). Didn't think he would be motivated enough after the USO final loss, but saving 5 match points in Beijing against Murray seems to have done wonders for his confidence and attitude. Also, must feel great for Federer to bounce back after his recent string of losses against other top players, by beating Murray in the semi and pushing Djokovic to the limit in the final. Bodes well for him going into next year. He'll likely remain in the top 3 throughout next year and might even overtake the #1 ranking once again from Novak like he did this year.
incognito is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #446
country flag xelena

xelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, PLEASE leave Roggie Fed alone! He's got better goat stuff to do now )

xelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #447
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Roger
Time to say congratulations on an UNBELIEVABLE 2012 year! Fed has done way beyond almost anybody's expectations. We are all very proud and hope he can keep this up for years to come

Despite losing the final, Roger can take something positive from this WTF. By the end of the tourney he finally managed to shake off the hangover that was holding him back since USO. With less and less things to prove every year, I hope he can play even more freely in 2013. If he does manage to get on court with the right state of mind, he will be a top 2-3 contender for every single tournament, and nearly unbeatable on fast surfaces.

Go rest, Champ! Fill yourself with motivation to remain on top of the 24-25 year old generation even longer, and most importantly be proud of 2012. No one else would have any chance of achieving what you've achieved this year being a 31 years old father, who has already achieved everything.

The main goal of the next month and a half should be to get some fresh energy and cut back on UEs. I think Roger needs to work on that FH, because he seemed to be a little late on it lately. Anyways, the key to his game in recent years is confidence. If he has that, the match is on his racket.

2013 will be very interesting. With Nadal back we finally have a real top 4 in every Slam.

--------------------------------------------------------

Many congrats to Novak Djokovic. Takes a lot of cojones to pull off what he did after that kind of Roger showed up at the start. Good run this week, and some good lookin points yesterday.

Get your ass good and ready for 2013

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #448
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer wagged his finger to his team not to Nole because Pual Annacone wagged his finger to Roger. Someone like Rosol will teach Nole how to celebrate after win. Like an idiot . But i love his expression on this magic point of Federer in TB of 1set.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #449
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He destroyed Fed on his best service.

Cry some more please.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #450
country flag xelena

xelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond repute

pepita, that celebration (match point) was a spontaneous reaction to the fact that he won the point , a very difficult one, that could go either way, and that meant so much . Novak did not celebrate like that , "in your face Roger" , he was looking at his team and the audience and it just showed, how INTENSE it was, how he felt pressure - we all know that tennis is a huge mind game .. In fact, he is very very humble when it comes to his wins , let's say Nadal makes much more warrior pumps, gestures, gimmicks but it's received as natural...
xelena is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread