HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #166
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

I love almost every storyline and character, but Daenarys doesnt do it at all with me, specially in the later books.

I really fucking love the family dynamics in the Boltons, Lannisters and the Greyjoys, I cant help but be attracted to the darker characters.

Cant wait to see how they do the Boltons, they have alot of catching up to do there. Greyjoys must fucking be done right, they nailed the Lannisters nd Tywin is even better in the series than the books. Cant wait for the show to take on the Victarion-Euron sibbling rivalry which really intrigues me, I love how Victarion is so fckng righteous, religious and moral but alltogether evil following the blue-orange warrior morality code of the ironborn, kind of reminds me of Khal Drogo.

10 best characters in the book:

1.Theon Greyjoy aka Reek
2.Jamie Lannister
3.Arya Stark
4.Tyrion Lanniser
5.Stannis Baratheron
6.Roose Bolton
7.Euron Greyjoy
8.Littlefinger
9.The Hound
10.Victarion Greyjoy

In HBO series:

1.Arya (the child actress is just incredible!)
2.Tyrion
3.Tywin (all thanks to the great actor)
4.Jamie
5.Theon
6.The Hound
7.Stannis
8.Ned
9.Melissandre
10.Jon

Last edited by sexybeast : 09-08-2012 at 02:17 AM.
sexybeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #167
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I just marathoned through the first two seasons in 3 days and I am now eagerly awaiting to receive my 7 books, so I can read more about (what I thought was the full but apparently not) this captivating story.

Ever since I read LotR, I never thought something could match it but I somewhat sense this epic without an end looks set to come close if not overtake it.

What are your thoughts on Game of Thrones season 1 and 2? If you haven't seen it yet, DO IT!

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #168
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to seeing the Red Wedding on screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #169
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
What are your thoughts on Game of Thrones season 1 and 2? If you haven't seen it yet, DO IT!
Rented season #1 last week. Watched one episode and returned it. For me it fell into the ever popular cable TV genre of ''throw in some nudity and they'll watch anything''.

Really, I just wanted to see the little cove in columnar basalt that is near my birthplace in Ireland, but even fast-forwarding wasn't going to be worth it.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #170
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Rented season #1 last week. Watched one episode and returned it. For me it fell into the ever popular cable TV genre of ''throw in some nudity and they'll watch anything''.

Really, I just wanted to see the little cove in columnar basalt that is near my birthplace in Ireland, but even fast-forwarding wasn't going to be worth it.
Well, it is not like you think. Books sold 15 millions without any nude pics at all.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #171
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nice of you to withhold judgement until you've seen more of it . It's a pretty realistic depiction me thinks even if the sex scenes at the beginning are a bit excessive.

I am still waiting for the books which is preposterous .

Quote:
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #172
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Well, it is not like you think. Books sold 15 millions without any nude pics at all.
What, you weren't turned on by GRRM's descriptions of Sam's fat pink mast?

Quote:
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #173
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Nice of you to withhold judgement until you've seen more of it . It's a pretty realistic depiction me thinks even if the sex scenes at the beginning are a bit excessive.

I am still waiting for the books which is preposterous .
I have never been able to appreciate the fantasy genre. Star Wars to Lord of the Rings, did nothing for me. I like realism. So really I just rented this hoping the sex scenes would be even more excessive than they were.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #174
country flag Looner

I love Sci-Fi and fantasy . You'd be overjoyed to know Stars Wars Episode VII is coming .

Quote:
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 AM   #175
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Quote:
I have never been able to appreciate the fantasy genre. Star Wars to Lord of the Rings, did nothing for me. I like realism. So really I just rented this hoping the sex scenes would be even more excessive than they were.
The sex scenes get worse (or better, depending on your preferences ) as the series goes along.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #176
country flag sexybeast

Quote:
There is a good dose of realism in Game of thrones, give it a shot beyond the first 2-3 episodes and you will be hooked.¨There are some excessive sex scenes further on if you need them, it really goes beyond most other HBO series.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #177
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
The sex scenes get worse (or better, depending on your preferences ) as the series goes along.
This is definitely true. How true to the story do you think they'll go with that scene?
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #178
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for Season 3 and more of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #179
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

4 months to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #180
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

This season, with the plots they have to work with, should be amazing So excited!

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote