Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 204 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #3046
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Crystal clear… in this case.
Clearly I wasn't. That was me asking which version is correct.

Quote:
Um, difficult question. Let me get back to you on that one. I need to think about it because it's not a straightforward answer.
I got my answer. For some reason, you and I have trouble communicating. Must be my English.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #3047
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Clearly I wasn't. That was me asking which version is correct.

I got my answer. For some reason, you and I have trouble communicating. Must be my English.
You and I are always so quick to blame ourselves. I wonder why?

It's certainly not your English. I've had no trouble communicating with people with far worse English linguistic skills than you. I think it's your unique humour. I've never come across anything like it.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #3048
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You and I are always so quick to blame ourselves. I wonder why?

It's certainly not your English. I've had no trouble communicating with people with far worse English linguistic skills than you. I think it's your unique humour. I've never come across anything like it.
That's very kind of you but I doubt "unique" is the right word to describe mu humour.

I am going to the cinema tonight want to come? We're watching Argo
Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #3049
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's very kind of you but I doubt "unique" is the right word to describe mu humour.

I am going to the cinema tonight want to come? We're watching Argo
Interesting that you took it as a compliment…

In case you were wondering, it was indeed a compliment. I find you amusing in a nice way, most of the time!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #3050
country flag The Prince

I would have loved to have accompanied you to the cinema this evening, but I have to pass. Too much work to do. And duty forbids.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #3051
country flag arm

Quote:
Interesting that you took it as a compliment…

In case you were wondering, it was indeed a compliment. I find you amusing in a nice way, most of the time!
Mostly you find me silly. Admit it.

Also why didn't you answer my invitation?

Őne more thing. Why "The Bulldog"? Do you have one?

Oh you answered.

Quote:
I would have loved to have accompanied you to the cinema this evening, but I have to pass. Too much work to do. And duty forbids.
Also your girlfriend. Though she probably wouldn't mind, since she would probably look at me as an old lady. (No need to comment, star, I already know what your thought was after reading this. )
Old 11-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #3052
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Mostly you find me silly. Admit it.

Also why didn't you answer my invitation?

Őne more thing. Why "The Bulldog"? Do you have one?
No, no. That's not true. I see you like to self-deprecate, much like myself. I'm not buying it, though.

I initially forgot, but then I answered it.

No, I don't have one, but it's a nickname that I picked up when I was a bit younger. It's stuck and I quite like it to be honest. Maybe you don't, and I wouldn't blame you!

Feel free to ask anything anytime, I really don't mind, so no need to worry if you are asking too much. And likewise, do tell me if I ask too much, it is something that I do, ask a lot of questions.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #3053
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Also your girlfriend. Though she probably wouldn't mind, since she would probably look at me as an old lady. (No need to comment, star, I already know what your thought was after reading this. )
Maybe not anymore.

She might, but I wouldn't think of you like that. I think she'd enjoy Argo way more than me.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #3054
country flag arm

Quote:
No, no. That's not true. I see you like to self-deprecate, much like myself. I'm not buying it, though.
You're a smart boy, indeed.

Quote:
I initially forgot, but then I answered it.

No, I don't have one, but it's a nickname that I picked up when I was a bit younger. It's stuck and I quite like it to be honest. Maybe you don't, and I wouldn't blame you!
I don't dislike it. I just don't really associate one with the other. I mean George witha bulldog. (It's a good thing. )

Quote:
Maybe not anymore.
Not entirely sure what you mean. Doesn't matter.

Just know we're here to distract you. From everything including school work.

I find it very curious that I am the most active on this forum during my exam period.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #3055
country flag The Prince

Quote:
You're a smart boy, indeed.

I don't dislike it. I just don't really associate one with the other. I mean George witha bulldog. (It's a good thing. )

Not entirely sure what you mean. Doesn't matter.

Just know we're here to distract you. From everything including school work.

I find it very curious that I am the most active on this forum during my exam period.
I don't think I'm smart. If only you knew about some if the awful decisions I make, day-in, day-out.

The username is largely irrelevant when on actual name terms. I don't really mind what people think. Call me selfish, but it's a username I like, so I went with it!

Sorry, I wrote the wrong thing entirely. Maybe we will go and see that film, if she hasnt already. It doesn't look like my cup of tea, but you never know, I could really enjoy it.

I think you've already succeeded with permanently distracting me. I am doomed to do badly in my exams.

Probably because during that period, you stay at home the most, meaning to study and get distracted by the internet. Non-exam periods are reserved for the occasional pub crawl and other social activities.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #3056
country flag arm

Quote:
I don't think I'm smart. If only you knew about some if the awful decisions I make, day-in, day-out.
That doesn't mean you're not smart. I am smart and I make terrible decisions too.

Quote:
The username is largely irrelevant when on actual name terms. I don't really mind what people think. Call me selfish, but it's a username I like, so I went with it!
Do you even know why my username is arm? Let's just say I am not very creative.

Quote:
Sorry, I wrote the wrong thing entirely. Maybe we will go and see that film, if she hasnt already. It doesn't look like my cup of tea, but you never know, I could really enjoy it.
and here I was thinking you had broken up. We CLEARLY have communication problems.

Quote:
I think you've already succeeded with permanently distracting me. I am doomed to do badly in my exams.
BTW, has anyone asked you about your avatar?

Quote:
Probably because during that period, you stay at home the most, meaning to study and get distracted by the internet. Non-exam periods are reserved for the occasional pub crawl and other social activities.
See, you're smart.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #3057
country flag The Prince

Quote:
That doesn't mean you're not smart. I am smart and I make terrible decisions too.
I suppose you are right. But, see. I get a lot of things wrong. A smart kid wouldn't do that.

Quote:
Do you even know why my username is arm? Let's just say I am not very creative.
I daren't ask… I'll leave it to you to tell me if you want to.

Quote:
and here I was thinking you had broken up. We CLEARLY have communication problems.
Sorry.

Incidentally, when I read it back, that's what it sounded like to me. We haven't… yet. No doubt the fall cometh, so we'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote:
BTW, has anyone asked you about your avatar?
Not yet. I get the feeling people think I'm a bit of a homo, though. I care very little, though.

Quote:
See, you're smart.
Knowledgable, in certain subjects, maybe. Not smart, though.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #3058
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually it's not a very accurate translation. But the meaning did not get lost in translation, it just comes to show that my grandmother thinks I look like Ana and she is always trying to shove food down my throat. Nothing else.

Call your grandmom?
But you are Ana too, no?

Quote:
Aren't I clear?

or

Am I not clear?

Ain't I clear?
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #3059
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

My laptop went dead in the middle of Murray/tsonga stream. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's overheat.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #3060
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Raquel, Argo is a good movie. Enjoy it, but it is a dramatization, and much of what is shown and done is false. I don't mind that, but at the end they sort of make it look like the truth. It angered Canadian and British diplomats. I had read a book about this episode so I spent the movie trying to remember the book and in a state of confusion. But the movie was good in and of itself, but I think at the end they should have said "we made up a lot of this. Take it with a grain of salt "
star is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread