Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 203 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #3031
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I want to share this exchange between me and my grandmother:

Raquel: "I have a terrible backache! "
Grandmother: "It probably means you're hungry. What should I get you?"

arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #3032
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
My in-laws finally has power.
Awesome!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #3033
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
My in-laws finally has power.
Happy for you and them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
Not my store! North Jersey is such a mess and like no one expects it to be so no one is working on it. *sigh*
I hope things get better soon! Enjoy your time off, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I want to share this exchange between me and my grandmother:

Raquel: "I have a terrible backache! "
Grandmother: "It probably means you're hungry. What should I get you?"

I don't mean to question you, but is this a completely accurate English translation from what was actually said?

Otherwise I don't get where your grandmother is drawing that conclusion from.

Also, I hope your back stops aching soon!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #3034
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, you just reminded me of something that I need to do that is very urgent! Thanks!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #3035
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Happy for you and them!

I hope things get better soon! Enjoy your time off, though!

I don't mean to question you, but is this a completely accurate English translation from what was actually said?

Otherwise I don't get where your grandmother is drawing that conclusion from.

Also, I hope your back stops aching soon!
Actually it's not a very accurate translation. But the meaning did not get lost in translation, it just comes to show that my grandmother thinks I look like Ana and she is always trying to shove food down my throat. Nothing else.

Quote:
OMG, you just reminded me of something that I need to do that is very urgent! Thanks!
Call your grandmom?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #3036
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Actually it's not a very accurate translation. But the meaning did not get lost in translation, it just comes to show that my grandmother thinks I look like Ana and she is always trying to shove food down my throat. Nothing else.

Call your grandmom?
Okay…?

Yes, I haven't seen her since June/July. I feel so guilty right now.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #3037
country flag arm

Quote:
Okay…?

Yes, I haven't seen her since June/July. I feel so guilty right now.
Ok, what?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #3038
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Ok, what?
Well, if it's not an accurate translation I don't know what to make of it then. I don't speak Portuguese.

Just forget it, though. This is confusing, for me at least, as many of our conversations are. My fault, as always, though.

I sorted out the stuff with my dad and grandma. I'll go and visit them both next weekend. Problem is I keep remembering about other family members who I haven't seen for a while!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #3039
country flag arm

Quote:
Well, if it's not an accurate translation I don't know what to make of it then. I don't speak Portuguese.

Just forget it, though. This is confusing, for me at least, as many of our conversations are. My fault, as always, though.

I sorted out the stuff with my dad and grandma. I'll go and visit them both next weekend. Problem is I keep remembering about other family members who I haven't seen for a while!
Why do I confuse you so much? You keep saying that!

You mean this weekend or the other? Always nice spending time with the family
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #3040
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Why do I confuse you so much? You keep saying that!

You mean this weekend or the other? Always nice spending time with the family
You are enigmatic… Just kidding, but I am not very good at interpreting. You should know this by now.

So in a week's time I will go. Should be nice to catch up with grandma, and hopefully I will be able to see my cousins, also.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #3041
country flag arm

Quote:
You are enigmatic… Just kidding, but I am not very good at interpreting. You should know this by now.

So in a week's time I will go. Should be nice to catch up with grandma, and hopefully I will be able to see my cousins, also.
Yeah but you only complain about not understanding me!! Aren't I clear?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #3042
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Well does anyone else have a problem understanding you? No.

So it's clearly my problem, not yours. You don't need to even take it into account, though!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #3043
country flag arm

Quote:
Aren't I clear?

or

Am I not clear?

Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #3044
country flag arm

Quote:
Well does anyone else have a problem understanding you? No.

So it's clearly my problem, not yours. You don't need to even take it into account, though!
It's not a problem. It's funny. But do you have trouble understanding other people? Who else?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #3045
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Aren't I clear?

or

Am I not clear?

Crystal clear… in this case.

Quote:
It's not a problem. It's funny. But do you have trouble understanding other people? Who else?
Um, difficult question. Let me get back to you on that one. I need to think about it because it's not a straightforward answer.
Closed Thread