Estonia's Finest: Jurgen Zopp - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #226
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estonia's Finest (yes better than Kanepi): Jurgen Zopp

Cheers for the info Maria

He had a superb season, definitely exceeded my expectations. Hope he recovers properly from the back problems and I look forward to seeing him play in Melbourne again next year.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #227
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Great season for Jurgen, though...He should finish the year barely inside the Top 100 which was his goal I believe...He should get direct entry into the MD of the AO...Hope he recovers during the off-season and comes back strong in 2013
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #228
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie, yes it was his goal initially.

He went to Finland for some rehab, in a newspaper interview he wasn't that positive any more, he was kinda depressed that he cannot play and now said that he probably won't be able to practice on court till January and he'll miss all the preparation for the season. I so wish he can start the season in Australia well.
He admitted he had exceeded his own expectations but all the positives were dampened by this silly injury, he said he didn't even understand how he could've gotten that stress fracture i.e. what he had overdone or so. But the other positive thing is he praised Pasi Virtanen again and said they'll work together next season too so that's good, he said they pass together really well.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #229
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

That is sad that he can't practice until January Will he be ready for the Australian Open? I really hope he doesn't withdraw Do you which tournaments he is playing before the AO? I am assuming none...It would be great if he could win a round at the AO, but I am worried that since he hasn't played in so long, he will struggle to find form at the beginning of the season...He should enter the bigger indoor hardcourt challenger tournaments in Europe in January and February...I really hope that Jurgen has a good 2013 and moves up the ranks....I would hate to see him regress because of a stress fracture...Ironic that him and Kanepi are both injured at the same time and missing out on play during the AO and it's warm-up events
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #230

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing news for Jurgen, hopefully he can overcome this injury and he doesn't damage himself further. He has started off the season in Brisbane the last couple of years but I imagine that would be doubtful now. He shouldn't rush back if he doesn't know what is up with the back. Hopefully the rehab goes smoothly for the rest of the year and then we'll know more as the new year draws closer...

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #231
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Jürgen was of course the best male tennis player in Estonia in 2012 and he also got the Fair Play prize from the Estonian Tennis Federation. Pasi Virtanen was the best coach.
Jürgen and Kaia did a presser & signing this week.

Last edited by MariaV : 12-07-2012 at 09:16 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #232
country flag MariaV

Jürgen's hello from Thailand. With Kaia Kanepi & her fitness coach.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #233
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond reputechingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett and Jurgen would be the best pair
Can't believe he'l probably miss Australian Open
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #234
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

it was expected but it's now official : he will indeed miss the Australian open
Old 12-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #235
country flag MariaV

Hi duong!
Yep, sad about that.
He got home from Thailand for Xmas, didn't train on court there at all. At least he could do the general fitness & gym work. No point going to Australia like that.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #236

Disappointing news but good decision to pull out. No point in aggravating the injury further. Hoping for a speedy recovery...

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #237
country flag MariaV

Absolutely devastating news I read in our paper today, people! I cannot even write straigth. Turns out the stress fracture has goten WORSE!!!!!! So he has to wear a corset and not move the back at all, not even swim. And he'll probably be out for another 3-4 months. They say it didn't get worse bc of what he did just that the injury had a 'long period of development", not that I get any of it. And Jürgen says he just wants his life back. I knew last year was too good to last. *going on crying now*
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #238
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #239
country flag Jovard

Jovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond repute

Estonia's top tennis players...Zopp injured and misses several months on tour, Kanepi injured and out for months (hopefully back for good and healthy again in February), Maret Ani also got injured, never fully recovered and retired. So unfair
Old 01-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #240

Really feel for Jurgen, was just starting to solidify his place in the top 100 and now it looks like he will miss the first quarter of the year. The main thing is that he takes all the time he needs to recover 100%, then he can work on getting back to where he was before this injury.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.